Dominix

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:rifter
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

Ah, a generational change in leadership. Every time this happened RvB has found new energy and drive from the enthusiasm of the newcomers. To cater for this, the old ones should let go and abandon all director roles to give 100% trust to the new ones, only in this way the change has the possibility to be successful: by giving responsibility.

The good news: no one is irreplaceable, ever.

Requesting thread title to be changed into "leadership resigns". If this current title gets on the social media you'll make the life of the new leaders more difficult for no good reason, and the chances of RvB kicking into new life slimmer.

#22 Llewelyn Fawr

Llewelyn Fawr

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationSunny, sunny Glasgow, UK
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:57 AM

Despite only having undocked a handful of times over the last 18 months the very existence of RvB and the availability of quick fun is what has kept me subbed for the last year, possibly much, much longer.

The amount of effort and commitment shown by command members, as well as many others behind the scenes has been immense and all RvB pilots past and present owe them a debt of gratitude - Thank you all.

I won't be leaving \ unsubbing. I think Eve is going to have some very exciting changes over the next 6 months which I hope will drive up player vols and activity. Hopefully RvB will go on. Great Ideas don't die, they evolve.

PS - I just shed a little tear!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
This is my signature and it is the best!

#23 Red Bishop

Red Bishop

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

I back Vision 100% he would do a great job leading RvB.

#24 Emerald Signal

Emerald Signal

Velator

• Friend of RvB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Gnosis

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:58 AM

Red Bishop, on 25 Oct 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

I back Vision 100% he would do a great job leading RvB.

Reading his mail - Vision is offering to be CEO of Red Fed and to co-ordinate an orderly transition between retiring command members and new ones.

Sounds good to me. What an opportunity for someone to step up as CEO of RvB.

#25 Tranquil Hegemony

Tranquil Hegemony

Rifter

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Recruit
  • LocationThe Citadel
  • Favorite Ship:Poundland

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

Vision supported, as he said lets get on with it and thank the previous leadership for all their hard work. Teapot wars forever. Come at me bro (that means u reds) 😉

#26 Relentless Jim

Relentless Jim

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationMiddle England
  • Favorite Ship:Anything Amarr
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

I nearly spat my tea all over my desk when I read the thread title. If people are stepping up to take over the reigns, then I think it is wise to let them do this. RvB is too important to just let it die - It stopped myself and quite a few others unsubbing from the game long ago. To me, it is the only decent place left in the game.

I only have one account subbed at the moment and I was training the one character with pure combat and pvp skills to eventually put it into RvB. I'm hoping that Vision (who I always respected back in the day) or whoever manage to take over and let it be the success it deserves to be and then we can all go back to blowing shit up.

On a personal level, I'd just like to thank all of leadership for doing a grand job over the last six or so years. I know full well how bloody stressful it can be having the responsibility and it has burnt many a good person out. Fond memories of my time in RvB include the E-Uni wars, the epic 'mate' war and various other silly shit like undocking a battle hauler fleet and fighting them to the death while we lived back in Gallente space. All really good, fun times.

o7 space friends

#27 Harry Bollo

Harry Bollo

Bantam

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSomerset, England
  • Favorite Ship:Incursus

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

I for one support the comments made by Yankunytjatjara. When a leadership decides to step down then another needs to take hold of the baton and run with it. There are many members who are willing to take on the roles needed to keep RvB going. The community is bigger than any individual.

Telling the Eve community that RvB has ceased formal operations is counter productive in growing a future community and it is VITAL that we put out a positive message to the whole of the Eve community.

Our Leadership has done a fantastic job and if they want to move on then please, trust that RvB will be in good hands with new people at the helm

#28 Zoranbacon cheese

Zoranbacon cheese

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Cynable

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

I'm with vision this is NOT the End! I will step up throw my name out there? I will help keep RvB Alive!

Thanks to all command members for all they have done over the years I completely understand your reasons.
Just pass the baton to players willing to continue

Forget the funeral this is the beginning of RvB mk3!

#29 Jack Starbuck

Jack Starbuck

Thrasher

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSouth East, UK
  • Favorite Ship:Atron of Doom

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:46 PM

Sad news  :(

EVE - you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.......

#30 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

CEO roles will be retained by a holding officer and are not needed to continue play. Application management roles have been given to two current command members. Thus, the leadership required to keep corporate management matters handled is in place.

As in the past, no one who has not shown the ability to lead and proven their willingness to take the time to do so were given formal roles. Thus, those with the willingness simply took a lead role and made a reputation for being the go to for this role. Whether that was as FC or any other role.

Thus, all who desire to take lead and organically continue to lead and grow RvB are welcome to do so. If those who do so show a strong a favorable following over time we will assess their needs for roles.

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#31 Phobia Severasse

Phobia Severasse

Omen

• RvB Member
  • 156 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:23 PM

If leadership wish to resign go ahead and do so and get out of the way. This stomping on and destroying of your toys so others can't have them is rubbish

Resign, leave, let others step up.

This oppressive behaviour is why I left and apparently even when you decided there is no salvaging you continue to feel being repressive and denying others their opinions and wishes is somehow the right thing to do? Lame

There has been unanimous support here for a specific leader. Let those who remain get their wishes.

Leaders do not emerge while there is a repressive management in place.

#32 Zoranbacon cheese

Zoranbacon cheese

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

CEO roles will be retained by a holding officer and are not needed to continue play. Application management roles have been given to two current command members. Thus, the leadership required to keep corporate management matters handled is in place.

As in the past, no one who has not shown the ability to lead and proven their willingness to take the time to do so were given formal roles. Thus, those with the willingness simply took a lead role and made a reputation for being the go to for this role. Whether that was as FC or any other role.

Thus, all who desire to take lead and organically continue to lead and grow RvB are welcome to do so. If those who do so show a strong a favorable following over time we will assess their needs for roles.

New roles need to be given otherwise nothing will change!

#33 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

If leadership wish to resign go ahead and do so and get out of the way. This stomping on and destroying of your toys so others can't have them is rubbish

Resign, leave, let others step up.

This oppressive behaviour is why I left and apparently even when you decided there is no salvaging you continue to feel being repressive and denying others their opinions and wishes is somehow the right thing to do? Lame

There has been unanimous support here for a specific leader. Let those who remain get their wishes.

Leaders do not emerge while there is a repressive management in place.

How is anyone repressed? It has been said that people can keep it going if they like. Maybe if all people who are having a "Come to Jesus" moment about RvB would have found Jesus years ago this wouldn't have happened.

The intent was to not just kick everyone out and close the Corporations in a day and leave everyone hanging. Seems no good deed goes unpunished. Good thing everyone who has worked endlessly to keep RvB alive is now an oppressive maniacal dictator.

If you all really have the can do spirit, you could start another RVB clone built on a new foundation without any attachment to the current one?
Posted Image

#34 Kierowca Tankowca

Kierowca Tankowca

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Avatar

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

RvB has and always will be a home to me.

There are times when i am in and out of RvB, looking for new content in Eve Online and flying with my non RvB friends.

However, I have never sold my assets in RvB Land.

Somehow, I know i will always come back to RvB.

It is sad to know that the current command team is dissolving.

Thank you all for making RvB a place i can call home.

But firstly, can we change the title of this thread as it is truely misleading. (agree with Yank)

As with all established brands, corporations and real life companies, there are times when the management have to be make way for new blood, new ideas and culture for a better change.

I am in support of Vision (heard he stepped up and it takes alot of courage and commitment to do so) and I wish a new command team will lead RvB and restore to its former glory or even higher achievements.

#35 Zoranbacon cheese

Zoranbacon cheese

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

How is anyone repressed? It has been said that people can keep it going if they like. Maybe if all people who are having a "Come to Jesus" moment about RvB would have found Jesus years ago this wouldn't have happened.

The intent was to not just kick everyone out and close the Corporations in a day and leave everyone hanging. Seems no good deed goes unpunished. Good thing everyone who has worked endlessly to keep RvB alive is now an oppressive maniacal dictator.

If you all really have the can do spirit, you could start another RvB clone built on a new foundation without any attachment to the current one?

I have always thanked RvB command!

That said y don't u just give us this RvB to save us the hassle of starting a whole new corp

#36 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • 5606 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

The title is perfectly expressive of what we are in the process of doing.

As Del Del noted, we have tried to get members to step up from the beginning and repetitively been met with lackluster response. The 80/20 rule applies but here is more like the 95/5 rule. Thus, were are where we are.

Those willing, as stated, may feel free to step up, gain consensus and continue operations ... organically.

Delucian.png

#37 Phobia Severasse

Phobia Severasse

Omen

• RvB Member
  • 156 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

If you all really have the can do spirit, you could start another RvB clone built on a new foundation without any attachment to the current one?

It's clear from what Delucian states that the departing leadership rather than depart would like to continue decide who and in what nature a new leadership is found. What level of stepping up is sufficient etc.

Just go, let other people step up and take the reigns and learn from mistake and discover RvB v3 on their own

I left because threads made by people who do have suggestions and ideas and criticisms get locked and so people interested in new ideas and ways literally cannot.

This apparent attempt at dictating from a position of ready to resign/burn it all is just more of the same.

You have been nothing but amazing Del in your support for RvB from what I have seen but clearly others have not and they should just go away they are obviously here from a position of claiming to want to move on and let others step up.

Time to make actions and not words. Leave, stop dictating terms of succession.

#38 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • 5606 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

We could have just shut it down completely, and that was discussed. But we chose a different path to not yank the carpet out from underneath everyone.

...and that is fine if you want to hang this on me. You don't step into Del Del's shoes without thick skin.

Delucian.png

#39 Shenanigansbus

Shenanigansbus

The Bus

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1561 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationTurn around...
  • Favorite Ship:Giant Taranis

Standing by and doing absolutely nothing and then wondering why you weren't and aren't being considered to take over...lol. Why this path was chosen was due to the utter lack of leadership outside a very small (and shrinking) number of people, of which none had the ability to be active enough to pull it off with so little support.

If you think you can, start fresh or prove you aren't all talk, adding recruiters isn't an issue. If you can't lead people without roles then you really aren't leading anything.

E2o8l.png

#40 Red Bishop

Red Bishop

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher

RvB has and always will be a home to me.

There are times when i am in and out of RvB, looking for new content in Eve Online and flying with my non RvB friends.

However, I have never sold my assets in RvB Land.

Somehow, I know i will always come back to RvB.

It is sad to know that the current command team is dissolving.

Thank you all for making RvB a place i can call home.

But firstly, can we change the title of this thread as it is truely misleading. (agree with Yank)

As with all established brands, corporations and real life companies, there are times when the management have to be make way for new blood, new ideas and culture for a better change.

I am in support of Vision (heard he stepped up and it takes alot of courage and commitment to do so) and I wish a new command team will lead RvB and restore to its former glory or even higher achievements.

Good post Gary +1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users