• 972 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Golem/Vargur
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

LOW SEC RUNS

Never been on one before.

Now with the new HQ location, will these differ from your past runs?

From what I see off the kill when low secs fleets run are just more shiny kills and a different name on the KM. Is this all low sec offers?

Part of the reason I have never done these in the past is my sporadic game time.

I may start a run and then 30 mins laster have to stop for half an hour.

I don’t want to be left In the middle of nowhere and have to get back to HS solo.
If our proximity to low-sec now makes a big difference, then I think I may give it a go.

Any thoughts?

#2 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:16 AM

Lowsec simply offers more variety in terms of targets, fleet styles we can face and so on.  This variety makes for better FCs, better pilots as we all learn to deal with particular tactics found there and not much used in high.  

Yes, often times much shinier stuff than used in daily RvB is killed, but such things are quite often flown by experienced pilots so the challenge of killing them with cheaper ships or a certain number of pilots is half the fun of doing it - we know that happens in RvB too, but not as often as it should do ;)

Also Hormone, I wouldnt worry about joining in a roam and having to go soon after, lowsec is easy enough to get around solo, especially if you have your own tacs or get people to share some (for when in a slow, heavy ship) and if you're in a frigate its even easier! (The fact that you can dock anywhere helps too).

#3 hormone1971

hormone1971

Team Leader

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Cheers mate.

#4 Patrick Kasper

Patrick Kasper

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Recruit
  • LocationGraz, AT
  • Favorite Ship:Breacher

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

!!

Hysera is a pretty dangerous system though. It's inhabited by Russians who have a very sizable cap/supercap force and is the end of a Pipe. The other end of the pipe is either deven or sujarento. Deven puts you to Heydieles (Russians) and Aeschee (Shadow Cartel - especially Balex). Sujarento is the home of Snuff Box. All the gates along the pipe are regularly smartbombed and thus using tacs especially when in a pod is essential. In Hysera itself you should avoid the top station unless you have an insta or a very fast ship. It does have a somewhat natural insta but big ships will align too slow.

I currently do not know the relationship between UCF (hysera russians) and Snuff Box. Tackling carriers is very much possible tho. But if you try you MUST check which mission the carrier is in because some sites mean certain death to anything that isnt a cap. Staging a Heavy Interdictor with a cyno is a guarantee for content.

But once you are past the powerblock systems you are either in black rise which is one of the most active lowsec areas in eve or you land in verge vendor which has some of the best soloers in eve. If you stay in essence on the other hand (and then go to sinq) you will be in for a number of dead jumps and will eventually hit "that escalated quickly" space which is bullshit infested so I sincerely suggest only going there with a sizable fleet if you want a fight.

In general you might want to get into a cheap clone and grab a fast ship to make some general bookmarks all around the place and pvp cheap until you feel comfortable. Lowsec is a very different beast and takes a while to get used to but once you know your way around you probably have a hard time ever leavinig it again!

In terms of sec status I suggest not podding people and you should do fine. Agressing another ship (that isnt flashy red) is a SUSPECT level aggression (and turns on gateguns). This means even after a fight you can go back to highsec. Podding on the other hand makes you criminal (and wrecks your sec)

Once last thing to mention is that gateguns are pretty buggy right now because sometimes they shoot you for no reason. A normal buffer tanked T1 frigate can tank them for about 10-15 seconds. (If you are active tanked they will twoshot you). They deal about 250 dps and have infinite tracking. Their agression radius is 150 km around the object they protect. So being 150 km off a gate but only 100km of a sentry gun is fine. Gateguns can also be tricked if you fine someone afk on a gate. You shoot the target and warp off right away. When you come back the guns wont shoot you again (unless they bug out). Gateguns are, just like in highsec, only on gates and stations. Every other area is free game for anyone and gateguns will NOT shoot you even if you are criminal and warp to them.

So set your safety to red (or at least yellow) and get blapping!

[17:27:16] Sayyahdina > I LOVE THE COCK

#5 Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Helios
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

Handy info on the locals and the likely smartbombed gates (I only really know minnie amarr lowsec) so thanks for that Patrick 

#6 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

Don't fly to a pos and get distracted by boobs on tv

http://blue.rvbeve.c...l&kll_id=824596

#7 hormone1971

hormone1971

Team Leader

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

You make me want to go into low-sec even less now.

I am still a mission care bear at heart (and proud). All the caps and smart bombs freak me out.

Appreciate the good write up :)

!!

Hysera is a pretty dangerous system though. It's inhabited by Russians who have a very sizable cap/supercap force and is the end of a Pipe. The other end of the pipe is either deven or sujarento. Deven puts you to Heydieles (Russians) and Aeschee (Shadow Cartel - especially Balex). Sujarento is the home of Snuff Box. All the gates along the pipe are regularly smartbombed and thus using tacs especially when in a pod is essential. In Hysera itself you should avoid the top station unless you have an insta or a very fast ship. It does have a somewhat natural insta but big ships will align too slow.

I currently do not know the relationship between UCF (hysera russians) and Snuff Box. Tackling carriers is very much possible tho. But if you try you MUST check which mission the carrier is in because some sites mean certain death to anything that isnt a cap. Staging a Heavy Interdictor with a cyno is a guarantee for content.

But once you are past the powerblock systems you are either in black rise which is one of the most active lowsec areas in eve or you land in verge vendor which has some of the best soloers in eve. If you stay in essence on the other hand (and then go to sinq) you will be in for a number of dead jumps and will eventually hit "that escalated quickly" space which is bullshit infested so I sincerely suggest only going there with a sizable fleet if you want a fight.

In general you might want to get into a cheap clone and grab a fast ship to make some general bookmarks all around the place and pvp cheap until you feel comfortable. Lowsec is a very different beast and takes a while to get used to but once you know your way around you probably have a hard time ever leavinig it again!

In terms of sec status I suggest not podding people and you should do fine. Agressing another ship (that isnt flashy red) is a SUSPECT level aggression (and turns on gateguns). This means even after a fight you can go back to highsec. Podding on the other hand makes you criminal (and wrecks your sec)

Once last thing to mention is that gateguns are pretty buggy right now because sometimes they shoot you for no reason. A normal buffer tanked T1 frigate can tank them for about 10-15 seconds. (If you are active tanked they will twoshot you). They deal about 250 dps and have infinite tracking. Their agression radius is 150 km around the object they protect. So being 150 km off a gate but only 100km of a sentry gun is fine. Gateguns can also be tricked if you fine someone afk on a gate. You shoot the target and warp off right away. When you come back the guns wont shoot you again (unless they bug out). Gateguns are, just like in highsec, only on gates and stations. Every other area is free game for anyone and gateguns will NOT shoot you even if you are criminal and warp to them.

So set your safety to red (or at least yellow) and get blapping!

#8 piercer

piercer

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSomerset - UK
  • Favorite Ship:Dramiel

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

Low sec isnt that bad. Getting round is pretty easy.

Yeah you have to watch out for the odd smart bomb BS's on a gate but d-scan or tacs are your friend here.

Apart from that its pretty safe when you pay attention.

#9 Patrick Kasper

Patrick Kasper

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Recruit
  • LocationGraz, AT
  • Favorite Ship:Breacher

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

As I said. It takes a while to get used to. But then it's better than most other areas in eve

[17:27:16] Sayyahdina > I LOVE THE COCK

#10 Crazy Dogbreath

Crazy Dogbreath

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Recruit
  • LocationEssex, England, sitting down facing forward
  • Favorite Ship:Anything Flashing

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

Did my first low sec roam the other week.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47813980/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47815126/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47815460/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47815462/

There where a few more kills that I didnt get on, I wont say I wasnt pooping my pants the whole time but it was awsome. Did nearly 800m in damage apparantly.

#11 piercer

piercer

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSomerset - UK
  • Favorite Ship:Dramiel

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

Did my first low sec roam the other week.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47813980/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47815126/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47815460/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47815462/

There where a few more kills that I didnt get on, I wont say I wasnt pooping my pants the whole time but it was awsome. Did nearly 800m in damage apparantly.

That was such a good roam!

Need to get myself some more gaming time in so i can lead a few more low-sec roams myself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users