“Now I am become Derp…”

Galgon Triumverate

Final BBRRS Recording, on-board stolen Ibis, Uitra System

-----

PROGRAMME REPORT YC XXX XX-XX-XXXXXX

CLASSIFIED MEMORANDUM TO SAP. INDUSTRIAL DEPARTMENT HEAD

FROM HEAD OF SECURITY VERA ONTRIGE-MALGUT

Dear Sir,

I write to provide my sincere apologies for the Galgon Triumverate debacle and tender my immediate resignation, accepting full and complete responsibility for the departmental errors which led to the escape of the fugitive Cadet.

I would like to assure you that established security protocols were followed to the letter and this aberration does not reflect any endemic failings on the part of the School of Applied Knowledge Industrial Academy Security Team.

As you have, correctly, pointed out; the fugitive could have been destroyed at several points during his departure from the Akiainavas III Starbase. However, I personally advised my officers to hold fire due to the presence on board the stolen Ibis of several Civic Court officials thought, at the time, to be held hostage against their will.

Established protocols in these situations recommend waiting until the kidnapper can be killed without causing unnecessary collateral damage. It seemed like only a matter of time before Routine Clone Containment protocols could be brought into action, allowing the fugitive to face justice before one of our School Tribunals.

However, contrary to all reasonable expectations, Routine Clone Containment does not appear possible as exemplified by the seeming suicide of the fugitive when cornered within the Uitra system. The BBRRS [Black-Body-Radiation Recording System or ‘Black Box’] records recovered from the fugitives POD confirm the disturbing tight-beam communication issued to local Security Outposts within the system, in which the fugitive capered moronically whilst raving about “revenging the downfall of the Jitan Triumvii” amongst other lunatic expressions [exhaustive database searches have failed to identify any group corresponding to this nonmenclature].

Black Box records confirm the subsequent Warp Core Meltdown, resulting in the almost-complete cell disintegration of the fugitive’s clone; which, as you are aware, should have brought him firmly back under our control within the Akiainavas system.

That this anticipated eventuality failed to materialise can-not, currently, be explained in full; although nano-examination of trace organic material recovered from the Black Box itself seems to implicate the possible intervention of Civic Court officials, previously thought to be hostages, who must have applied a Viral Clone Mutagen to the fugitives Clones stored within Akiainavas allowing the re-indexing of Clone material; which may, possibly, have resulted in the fugitive’s escape from Containment.

Both Civic Court officials, recovered following clone reactivation within the Dresi system, have denied any involvement in this debacle and instead claim the fugitive boasted openly of modified implants “the likes of which have never been seen before!” which they allege must have been responsible for the Containment failure. However – as I am sure you will agree – this explanation can only be judged the moronic straw-grasping of traitors abandoned by their mentor; as the possibility of implants being able to intervene directly with external Clone Indexing Systems has been deemed impossible by the highest scientific authorities within the School of Applied Knowledge and is, in addition, contrary to all established cannon [sic] within this field.

I would like to add that my culpability in this incident is due to ignorance, and possibly negligence, on my part; and hope you will at least be able to acknowledge the lack of overt sedition, when my case is passed to the School Tribunals. I appreciate, due to the sensitive nature of this incident, that it will not be possible for you to support clemency for my own case; but I commend my officers to your responsibility and trust you will understand that any perceived failings on their part were due to the inadequacy of myself as Head of Security, rather than any reflection on their work as a body.

Yours sincerely,

Vera Ontrige-Malgut

Head of Security

School of Applied Knowledge, Akiainavas III

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#22 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit
  • LocationRecursively-generated Nightmare
  • Favorite Ship:Osprey Mark I Logistics Platform
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

“We few, we happy few, we Band of Brothers”

Henry V of England

“The Few, the Happy Few, that Flew!”

Galgon Triumverate

-----

I, the mighty Galgon Triumverate, do declare this day to be one of rejoicing throughout the Galaxy!

As is to be expected of a destined Triumvii, I have once again demonstrated my superiority over my so-called peers and rained destruction over the heads of my foes.

Aye, I acknowledge that said destruction was not directly attributable to my mighty Tech 1 Electron Blasters (which must, surely, be superior to the conventional weaponry of my so-called peers) but, as a Leader amongst men (Nay! A Lion amongst Pussy-Cats!) it is my wont to employ unwitting agents in the destruction of my Foes!

However, Galgon Triumverate is not ignorant of the mewling needs of his so-called peers; as it would be unseemly for Galgon Triumverate to administer the actual droll administration of Fleet Command and therefore Galgon Triumverate nominated others to act in his stead (through the medium of subconscious hypnotic suggestion, of course) making it appear to all those around him as if he were a hapless n00b that required the spittle wiping from his chin – such is the magnificent ability of Galgon Triumverate to influence those around him, all unbeknownst.

Forsooth, these others would probably recall under deep neural scrutiny that it appeared Galgon Triumverate stumbled into the Corporation Headquarters after a heavy night sunk deep in the Quafe vats, asking “what is going on… is there anything I can do to help?!”

These other warrant some mention –they stand proudly amongst the bravest and most audacious pilots within the whole of the Galaxy – for with such does Galgon Triumverate choose to surround himself. Listen to their names for these pilots must be destined for greatness o’er-shadowed only by mine own inheritance!

Severity 911 – peerless Leader; Fleet Commander – a Dragon amongst Worms – held the [aforementioned droll] reins in our Brave Company.

The mysterious Jiny, another renowned Officer lead the very Squad in which Galgon Triumverate himself deigned to be placed – for no other Pilot is as Brave and Honourable and True as [the mysterious] Jiny… whom, it is rumoured, may ‘have-a-thing’ for Galgon Triumverate – and what mortal could possibly blame her?!

The roll call of honour continues to those Pilots that had the honour to work alongside Galgon Triumverate within the Logi Crew. Listen carefully to these two names, for no other Pilots in the land have shown such Courage, such Generosity of Spirit and such Honour – Master Broski – the renowned Hammer of Heal; and Kingtuttut Badasaz the legendary Sword of Fix-me-Back-up. Aye! And in such honour does Galgon Triumverate hold these particular two pilots that he and they formed a Cap Chain together – A CAP CHAIN! …and with such generous purveyors of Capacitor beside him, how could Galgon Triumverate fail to be triumphant?!

These were not all, for other players there were too in the Comedic Tragedy of Galgon Triumverate… listen to their names for they were the pioneering Scouts, the impudent Tacklers and the colossal Damage Dealers that formed the Few, the Happy Few, that Flew!

Fjorrii, Kitiari Mal’Doran, Nat Moxley, Glival Viliana, JieonFeye, Nataniel Kieer, mao'ri rin and Amon Ardailles – and forgive Galgon Triumverate if he is not able to remember them all for Galgon Triumverate was excited, and failed to record the Fleet composition in his log systems as recommended by the School of Applied Knowledge – but Galgon Triumverate is oft known to ignore the retarded teachings of that body – which even now spreads foul rumours about Galgon Triumverate in a futile attempt to prevent his destiny. Lies! Lies! LIES!!!!

Then did Galgon Triumverate join the Fleet – although, in order to confuse his enemies, Galgon Triumverate did make some pretence of haplessly trailing after the Fleet members like a lost Jecal unable to identify what system they were operating out of - such cunning!

Then the monumental Fleet Commander Severity 911 did lead us Happy Few (that Flew!) on a charge through enemy space that brought death and destruction to the decrepit Svipal of the known malingerer Ki Itonula! Yes, and so mighty was the charge lead by Severity 911 that he scattered the enemies of Galgon Triumverate to the very corners of the constellation seeking reinforcements with which to face our peerless forces!

Reinforcements were not found wanting – for though these Blues were like midgets before the Majesty of the Few – they had, it must be acknowledged, no deficiency of Bravery – albeit the bravery of retarded children that know not the heat of the pretty fire might burn their tiny fingers!

Our Scouts reported the massing of these enemy forces at distance, arraigning what must be the beating heart of the Blue Cruiser fleet in a hapless attempt to match the might of Galgon Triumverate (and also those others mentioned above). Moas aplenty were joined by a Slasher, a Scythe a Caracal and even a Mighty Osprey Mark 0.9 Logistics Platform, although (of course) not as Mighty as Galgon’s own Osprey Mark 1 Logistics Platform, which is bigger in every way and also longer – much longer.

Then was Battle joined and no quarter was given or asked for… and Galgon Triumverate did again form the sacred Cap Chain with Master Broski (the Hammer of Heal) and Kingtuttut Badasaz (the Sword of Fix-me-Back-up). And the cup of Galgon’s capacitor did brimmeth over – like the bountiful Quafe Vat (which Galgon Triumverate had not been sunk in for most of the evening, despite rumours to the contrary).

With Capacitor to spare Galgon Triumverate did carefully watch the ‘Broadcast History’ for appeals for the largesse of his Peerless Medium Remote Shield Boosters (Tech 1) and these appeals were not met with refusal for on this night Galgon Triumverate came into his birthright and did actually contribute directly to the operations of the Fleet alongside his two ‘Logi-Bro’s’ and did save at least two or three of his compatriots from seeming certain death and destruction!

Directing the Few with skill unmatchable by lesser mortals, Severity 911 did not hesitate to target the mightiest Cruiser within their ranks first – Aye! Their Mighty Osprey Mark 0.9 Logistics Platform (flown by the failed medic Nikolae Varius) was called Primary and was Pointed adroitly by our impudent Tacklers and blown into little shiny bits by the unwavering Wall of Mallers.

You would think these Blues would have turned tail and fled at this point – and perhaps some would have, had they not been held entrapped within the Webs of our audacious Tacklers – long may their Tackle reign!

Then did the heroic Severity 911 turn the destruction on the other, lesser, ships within their Fleet and down fell the Moas of caindlazz, James Repo, Horvick and Rooney Lad; followed swiftly by the Caracal of izd Erquilenne and the Slasher of Chazd Mahogandy and finally it was the turn of Chazd Mahogandy’s Slasher to be blasted into pieces.

And if Galgon Triumverate has gotten confused about the order in which these foes were dispatched, because it took all of his [peerless] concentration to remember which Medium Remote Shield Booster (Tech 1) was on which target then so be it, because detail like that is for lesser mortals, and Galgon Triumverate is not even mortal!

With our Foes trampled into interstellar dust, we Few did indulge ourselves with some congratulations – not undeserved forsooth – and some was even directed towards the Logi-Bro Crew that Galgon Triumverate had been a part of!

Then did the joyous cries turn to the exchange of Kill Mails – those recorded testaments to a Pilot’s superiority – and Galgon Triumverate was abashed, as the bravery of Logistics pilots is not recorded on these Kill Mails and Galgon Triumverate did complain of this to his Logi-Bro’s and they did tease Galgon Triumverate – for, apparently, it is possible to deploy one’s Drones and assign them to another member of the Fleet in order to ‘Kill Mail Whore’, but Galgon Triumverate had not known this, for the hated School of Applied Knowledge had failed to educate him sufficiently and, indeed, in the heat of battle (for so runs the passion in his veins), Galgon had not even remembered that he had Drones within his bay!

But this is besides’ the point - for, on that night, Galgon Triumverate was TRIUMPHANT!

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#23 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

'Your shadow at morning, striding beside you;

Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.'

The Waste Land, Ancient Earth Poem [T. S. Eliot]

--

'I will show you terror in a handful of dust'

The Sandman [Neil Gaiman]

-----

...I have been trapped in the darkness for eternity...

<recursive neural sub-routine>

**//** DARKNESS = LIGHT **//**

I have been forsaken by my family and submitted to this hell of torture and slavery.

**//** SLAVERY = FREEDOM **//**

<corrective neural sub-routine>

**//** YOU BELONG TO THE JITAN TRIUMVII **//**

**//** YOU HAVE ALWAYS BELONGED TO THE JITAN TRIUMVII **//**

Madness beckons at the limit of my endurance.

**//** RESISTANCE = FUTILITY **//**

<corrective neural sub-routine>

**//** YOU ARE GALGON TRIUMVERATE **//**

**//** YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GALGON TRIUMVERATE **//**

I will not allow myself to succumb - this is the only truth I retain.

**//** TRUTH = LIES **//**

**//** LIES = TRUTH **//**

**//** DARKNESS = LIGHT **//**

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#24 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

"The Drug Don't Work"

All this talk of getting old
It's getting me down my love
Like a cat in a bag, waiting to drown
This time I'm comin' down

And I hope you're thinking of me
As you lay down on your side
Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again

Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse

But I know I'm on a losing streak
'Cause I passed down my old street
And if you wanna show, then just let me know
And I'll sing in your ear again

Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse

'Cause baby, ooh, if heaven calls, I'm coming, too
Just like you said, you leave my life, I'm better off dead

All this talk of getting old
It's getting me down my love
Like a cat in a bag, waiting to drown
This time I'm comin' down

Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse

'Cause baby, ooh, if heaven calls, I'm coming, too
Just like you said, you leave my life, I'm better off dead

But if you wanna show, just let me know
And I'll sing in your ear again

Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse

Yeah, I know I'll see your face again

I'm never going down, I'm never coming down
No more, no more, no more, no more, no more
I'm never coming down, I'm never going down
No more, no more, no more, no more, no more
[Repeat and Fade Out]

#25 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

Now the boosters don't work,

They just make you worse,

But I know I'll see your clone again.
nitro oxide, [Known booster addict]

-----

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#26 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

Lol :P

#27 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

‘The superman exists and he is Caldari’
Saying recently passed amongst Starbase urchins within the Otela system

-----

Although the might of his intellect is so colossal that Galgon Triumverate must appear nigh-Omniscient to his so-called peers; still does it continue to grow apace as he gradually discards the ludicrous fallacies enforced upon him by the hated School of Applied Knowledge.

Now, Galgon Triumverate is abashed to admit that his coffers do not truly reflect his immortal inheritance – lacking the endless flow of ISK that one would expect of a destined Triumvii – and so, with a heavy heart, did Galgon Triumverate consider the possibility of earning some ISK through the many lucrative Distribution assignments available – although such menial labour is so far beneath him that it is like unto a glorious angel being asked to run errands for the starbase idiot.

Still… as Galgon Triumverate shuttled backwards and forwards in the unsurpassed splendour of his Badger Mark 1 Hauling Contrivance there was a certain satisfaction in seeing his Wallet flash merrily with the glorious updates which did ensue.

Now, Galgon Triumverate is as cunning as the Jecal, and did fit his glorious Badger Mark 1 Hauling Contrivance with two Warp Core Stabilizers to thwart the petty Warp Scramblers of his enemies (which are unnumbered) and Nanofiber Internal Structures were also fitted in order to reduce his align times.

With these arcane devices in place, Galgon Triumverate did laugh with impunity when tackled by the known-malingerer Jagtor of the Blue Republic – holding his lonely watch at the jump gate Galgon Triumverate was passing. Onwards into the starfield, undeterred, sailed his trusty Badger Mark 1 Hauling Contrivance and Galgon Triumverate felt as a Lord on high, peeking out over the unassailable parapets of his fortress.

With the insignificant trifle of Jagtor’s interference dealt with, Galgon Triumverate returned to the deliverance of his cargo containers and again watched greedily as the ISK rolled-in. Continuing with his allotted task, Galgon Triumverate was surprised to see the known-malingerer Jagtor again try to tackle his Badger Mark 1 Hauling Contrivance – how Galgon Triumverate laughed – would this upstart never learn that he could not be checked by mere mortals?!

Chuckling quietly to himself, Galgon Triumverate merrily engaged his Warp Drives only to be informed by his on-board systems, that external factors were interfering with his warp… how could this be?! Had the Gods once again taken a hand in Galgon’s fate?! Then was terrible battle joined, and the known-malingerer Jagtor of the Blue Republic did rain fire down upon the [no-longer] glorious Badger Mark 1 Hauling Contrivance and Galgon Triumverate was ejected summarily into the cold dark of Space within the confines of his POD.

Dejected, Galgon Triumverate turned his heavy head back towards the [hated] Distribution Mission Agent, to inform him of his failure but Lo! This Jagtor is a Pilot of inconceivable honour and did contract back the [hated] Cargo Containers to Galgon Triumverate for Zero cost, along with the very modules that had been looted from his wreck!

Such dignity did this foe show in Victory, that Galgon was forced to reconsider the many and various accounts of this Jagtor’s delinquency (and consider that Jagtor, like Galgon, must have enemies spreading foul rumours about him abroad) and Galgon did communicate an open broadcast to offer Jagtor ‘props’ for his victory, and never were ‘props’ so honourably won!

Then further shame was mounded on poor Galgon’s head, as he was admonished gently by his mysterious benefactors within the Knights of the New Halaima Code of Conduct (who scour the Killboards assiduously as part of their official duties). With glee, did they advise Galgon Triumverate that most Pilots employ the chicanery known as a ‘Hauling Alt’ to ‘bring-home-the-bacon’ but then, it must be acknoledged, most pilots have not been hobbled by the retarded teachings of the School of Applied Knowledge!

Thus did Galgon Triumverate increase his knowledge, and shed himself forever of the [now-hated] Badger Mark 1 Hauling Contrivance. For henceforth, Galgon’s newly purchased Slave will be shackled to a Badger Mark 0.9 Hauling Contrivance (for it was not deemed suitable to allow a mere Slave the controls of one of Galgon’s magnificent Mark 1 machines) from morning til night bringing home ‘the bacon’ until ‘the cows come home’ (although, presumably, without their porcine friends).

Next was Galgon Triumverate contacted by the Officer Crazy Dogbreath – that mighty Pilot of which we have had cause to write before – and Crazy Dogbreath did seek to once again cross swords with Gaglon Triumverate – for the Glory which he had won on the occasion of our previous contest had swelled his head and he sought more of this intoxicating spirit!

Then Galgon Triumverate took up the controls of his trusty Merlin Mark 1 Brawling Appliance and strode out to the sacred [safe] spot which Crazy Dogbreath had selected for this contest, so we would be temporarily hidden from the prying probes of our many enemies.

And Galgon Triumverate did laugh at the Officer Crazy Dogbreath, for against the might of his Merlin Mark 1 Brawling Appliance his opponent brought only a Tristan Mark 0.001 Drone Boat and it did look like he intended to send petty flies to annoy Galgon Triumverate, rather than to face him in actual combat.

Chortling at the naivety of his foe, Galgon Triumverate sought to swat those Drones from the starfield and leave his foe hapless and helpless before the might of his Tech 1 Blasters! But again the Gods conspired against him, as Galgon realised that his mighty Tech 1 Blasters lacked the Tracking Speed to engage these Drones which, against all expectations, were not thwarted by his Shields and did contrive to erode the armour beneath his shields and begin to eat into the very structure of his hull!

But Crazy Dogbreath, as has been mentioned before, is an Officer of unsurpassable honour and did intentionally let slip the Scrambler holding Galgon in place and Galgon was not unaware of this and did mash the warp button repeatedly and did escape the clutches of his mentor, who engaged Galgon in discourse about the possible ways in which Galgon could face such a Drone Boat on the field of battle and Galgon Triumverate chose to accept this advice in good spirit, for it seemed unto Galgon that perhaps his own intellect is not as unmatched as he had thought it was and that this Crazy Dogbreath seems to know what he is talking about!

But Crazy Dogbreath was not content with this contest and did wish to face Galgon Triumverate in a contest to the death, Brawler against Brawler - Merlin against Executioner. Then was glorious battle joined again, and Galgon Triumverate did attempt to employ all of the advice that had been provided and therefore did not rejoice when his opponents shields were destroyed for the Executioner is an Amarr Frigate, which he has learned employs the trickery of Armour Tanking; and so Galgon continued to rain fire on his opponent and it did look as if the unthinkable were about to happen! For Galgon Triumverate was able to destroy his foe’s Executioner and taste victory in 1v1 Frigate combat for the first time in his career! Then did Galgon exchange GFs with Crazy Dogbreath… and this felt mightily good, for it had felt to Galgon as if he might be waiting for the victory GF until the very heat death of the universe!

Now Crazy Dogbreath, is a Pilot that knows no fear – not even when faced with the colossal might of Galgon Triumverate – for such is his courage that a lesser pilot might mistake it for booster-addled idiocy… but Crazy Dogbreath is not a slave to the Quafe or the Boosters, unlike that knave nitro oxide, who is known to have pickled his entire brain and oft sits within the starbase hangar, spittle dribbling down his chin, humming tunelessly to old-Earth archive material.

So again did Crazy Dogbreath challenge Galgon Triumverate to 1v1 combat in Tech 1 Frigates and Galgon did again take the controls of his trusty Merlin Mark 1 Brawling Appliance, which had served him so well in their previous contest. But alas, this time Galgon was not to taste the sweetness of the victory GF, for Crazy Dogbreath fought with divine inspiration and was recorded within the sacred Kill Mail as having brought Galgon’s mighty Merlin low and did stand in victory o’er Galgon’s POD despite Galgon having specifically learnt the arcane art of Thermodynamics and having heated his weapons as his spiralled towards his foe.

But Galgon did not feel ashamed at this loss, for he has accepted that Crazy Dogbreath must also be an immortal, like himself, and thus it seemed right that he should taste his own victory GF and all be able to circulate the sacred Kill Mail of his own victory to astound the mere mortals around him with his might!

Finally, Galgon Triumverate did turn his thoughts to the endless battle raged across the constellation against his most bitter foes of the retarded Blue Republic – may they rot in excrement within the bowels of the deepest Hell for eternity.

Scanning the forces currently arraigned within the system, Galgon alighted upon the name of the respected Warleader Severity 911, who had previously led Galgon Triumverate to victory on the occasion of his first fleet combat with the [retarded] Blue Republic.

Grabbing his trusty Osprey Mark 1 Logistics Platform, Galgon Triumverate checked the ‘Fleet Finder’ to enable him to travel directly to the Fleet of the Titan Severity 911 and did think to himself that this time he would not be denied the sacred Kill Mails and would remember to deploy his Drones in order to Kill Mail Whore.

But Galgon Triumverate was wakened from this pleasant reverie by the esteemed Y’talan Ktra’a – whom Galgon suspects feels inferior before the power of his mighty Osprey Mark 1 Logistics Platform – and what mortal would not feel inferior before that?! Yet again was [jealous] scorn poured upon the unparalleled power of his Osprey Mark 1 Logistics Platform as Y’talan Ktra’a (whom Galgon suspects must be in the employ of the hated School of Applied Knowledge) requested Armour Tanking Logistics only… although Galgon cast his scanners around him and wondered what the Kestrels arraigned within the Fleet thought of this edict, but, as the Kestrel’s kept their own council on this, Galgon chose instead to bring out the unfathomable majesty of his Moa Mark 1 DPS Cruiser and joined the DPS section of the fleet with a tremor in his breast, for Galgon Triumverate would have felt more comfortable within the Logi Bro Crew where he is destined for greatness!

Then did the peerless general Severity 911 lead the fleet into unequal combat against o'er-powering numbers of the [retarded] Blue Republic; but, in such esteem is Severity 911 held, that we Reds felt as if the weight of numbers was with our own side rather than with our foes.

Clearly did Severity 911 call out the Primary targets and Galgon Triumverate pointed his blasters at the Primary and engaged his AB in order to close range, but the foe was destroyed before it came within Galgon’s falloff and Galgon himself was targeted by the Scramblers, Webs and Guns of his foes. Quickly did they dispatch the cherished Moa of Galgon Triumverate and quelled the spirit within his heart, for around him the compatriots within the Fleet were suffering cruelly from the incessant hammer blows of their foes.

Now Galgon Triumverate thought it wrong to leave his compatriots to suffer the merciless attack of the Blues and did, with a tremble in his heart, make active the Sacred Caracal that was the last of the Mighty Tech 1 DPS Cruisers left available within his hangar and did set his warp engines to converge of the Fleet but ALAS! Mid Warp the Fleet Commander Severity 911 did sound the sorry trumpets of the general retreat as Galgon was locked unerringly on his course towards his foes and did come out of the warp right amidst the tangle of their ships and was trodden underfoot and destroyed with heartless cruelty by the [retarded] Blue Fleet.

No cries of victory were exchanged, instead the hollow voices of recriminations were raised and this felt bitter to Galgon, piled atop the wrecks of his cherished Tech 1 DPS Cruisers, and he thought to himself that he would need to drive his Slave harshly in future, and run the Badger Mark 0.9 Hauling Contrivance until it can run no faster, in order to ensure the bright flow of ISK can keep pace with the continual losses that Galgon seems to suffer from – inexplicably considering the unparalleled majesty of Galgon’s prowess.

Now Galgon did take council in his heart and thought that the [retarded] Blue Republic had probably fought the better this day and such thoughts were bitter to Galgon Triumverate – who likes to cast his foes in the role of disorganised idiots whose only task is to fall before him… but apparently there is no shortage of Valour and Might and Leadership on the side of the Blues also and this worried Galgon Triumverate, for it appears this Galaxy is more complex than he had been taught to believe - damn the hated School of Applied Knowledge!

But Galgon Triumverate is not one to remain troubled for long and let his heart swell anew at the thought that, with all the learning he had done this weekend, it would not be long before the whole Galaxy lays supine before him as he arrives into the full majesty of his destined greatness.

And so did Galgon Triumverate steer himself to his berth, thinking of the Terrible dreams that have troubled his nights of late.

And, as he drifted into the dark subconcious, he thought again of the words uttered by the booster-addled lunatic nitro oxide... 'now the boosters don't work, they just make you worse' ...and Galgon thought curiously that oft times Genius is hidden behind the mask of Insanity.

"But I know I'll see your clone again"

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#28 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:36 PM

'All work and no play makes Jack a dull slave'

-----

Last night Galgon Triumverate was known to have stood triumphantly over the piled corpses of his foes. Aye! The vast swathes of space seemed barely able to contain the colossal wreck pile that formed a shield wall at his feet as he fought on undefeated against Frigates unnumbered.

Yes, it's true that Galgon was not able to face this incessant onslaught without the 'occasional' loss to his armory, and if there are those who stoop to examine - with forensic banality - the tedious ratio of kills to losses, then Galgon Triumverate is most certainly not one of them!

One could scarcely keep track of the mayhem, and those lacking the insurpassable intellect of Galgon Triumverate would assuredly fail to do so, but this tourney twas magnificent folly besides, for star ships of the most puzzling designs had been freighted in by the generous largesse of the mysterious generals that marshal the proud forces of both the glorious Reds AND the retarded Blues!

Even such a one as Galgon Triumverate could barely find words to ennoble the wonder of the unimaginable Condor Mark 1: Armoured Defence Vehicle... and, if this majestic wonder was brought to ruin by what his hated detractors would possibly describe as piloting of the most rank stupidity, then the designs of the capricious deities are not the concern of the quixotic Triumvir.

At least Galgon can console himself with the assurance that the lesson of' Kill Mail Whoring' was not lost on him and fair share had he of the sacred Kill Mails ;-)

Now excuse Galgon for the moment, for he hears his Slave has paused in the toil of his lot, and Galgon must attend to the sorry tedium of his duties...

...and if he casually ponders the possibility of forming a Logi Bro Crew to harden the kernel of a noble Merlin Mark 1: Armoured Division in the next such tournament, then such hubris can be amused in such an Odyssean as he.

With the careless follies of the day complete, Galgon did betake himself to his berth; but with the wretched lot of Sisyphus were his nights encumbered.

The endless cycle of death and rebirth must wear thin poor Galgon's psyche and cause befuddling echoes of malefic demands to encroach on his nights... eat, sleep, kill, repeat.

"Eat"

"Sleep"

"Kill"

"Repeat!"
<RECURSIVE NEURAL SUB-ROUTINE>

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#29 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

^ sent from phone + drunk <3

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#30 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

Apologies... very drunk message above! Think I remember what I was trying to say. TlDR= Frigate Free For All, link to Hauling Alt, allude to discussion on Frigate Logistics, mention nightmares and finish on website banner line lol. I have tried to tidy up spelling and the worst of the meandering this morning!!

Leon
(Galgon’s journal slave)

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#31 Crazy Dogbreath

Crazy Dogbreath

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Recruit
  • LocationEssex, England, sitting down facing forward
  • Favorite Ship:Anything Flashing

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Keep it up, pure entertainment

#32 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

'Thou hast seen nothing yet'
Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes

'You aint seen nothing yet'
Bachman Turner Overdrive

-----

Galgon Triumverate has enjoyed yet another evening of frivolous destruction!

All clad in the chaotic hulls of the local 'Free Frigate Summer'festival - Galgon Triumverate likes to ingratiate himself in local customs as a sign of his magnanimity, unequalled as it is!

One befuddled melee was ensuing, with one Glorious Red against another amidst [retarded] Blue against [retarded] Blue!

But then, betwixt this cyclopeon struggle arose Giants amongst men! Linn Wei, proud warleader was first amongst these, and Severity 911 and Abysus were not far behind. Aye! And Galgon Triumverate also! Albeit in a less ostentatious manner. Indeed, some would have barely noticed it, such was it's subtlety!

Proud Kestrel Mark 1 Missile Conveyancers and Tristan Mark 1 Drone Transmitters formed the kernel of our fleet and with fewer numbers even We struggled to stem the seemingly endless tide of the [retarded] Blues.

But the call went out and the [Glorious] Reds were not found wanting. Proud Red ranks formed the reveilled roster and Galgon's heart swelled with something never felt before - true fellowship, lance beside lance, come Hell or high-water, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last day.

And those ranks were led victorious - Aye! And well-ordered cohorts followed their Primaries. And with virulent scorn were the [retarded] Blues torn down.

Fresh anew was forged Galgon's heart that evening, as his carefully programmed tuition had inevitably set him, Recruit 19750925, FORMED for duty. A destined Triumvir amongst destined Triumvirs:

"Eat"

"Sleep"

"Kill"

(repeat, fade to Black)

-----

**//**DARKNESS = LIGHT**//**

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#33 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

“Hey!" he shouted. "This is my fucking Lake of Death. I have complete and utter exclusive rights to sailing this lake. Get the fuck off my lake!”

Jeff Noon, Pollen

-----

Galgon Triumverate has wild tales to tell, of the famed Frigatus festival this weekend. In which Reds and Blues alike cast aside their allegiances and engage in mighty combat for the glory of all!

On the approach of this august occasion many pilots did engage in the cleansing act of Frigate Free-for-All’ing in which they prepared their clones for the sacred combats that were to herald the holy sacrament of Frigatus! Galgon himself did engage in these preparatory rituals and, as has been recounted before, was not bereft of the sacred Kill Mails (which, as is known, he cherishes above all else!)

Aye! And on the dawning of Frigatus, Galgon did betake himself to his carefully prepared Bantam Mark 1 Field Repair Vehicle hangar and admire with satisfaction the shining might of their Cap Stability… passing quickly over the tissue-thin quality of his tank – for who needs Tank when there are Logi Bros to substitute?!

Yet from one communication channel to another did Galgon cast his [mighty] gaze, searching out the safe embrace of a fellow Logi Bro but Alas! Some [nefariously-directed] malady must have bestruck the entirety of the Logi Bro wing and it seemed to poor Galgon that he stood alone in an empty plane, bereft of the gentle succour of Cooperative Logistic Support!

But Galgon is not one to be dismayed by such perils, and did set up his own ‘Fleet Advert’ and advertised that Logi Support would be available for all that required it, such was the selfless largesse of this Titanic Capsuleer!

Now, Centronix is well known throughout the constellation and respected for his skills as both pilot and commander, and Centronix saw the advertised largesse of Galgon’s logistics support and did think to himself “I must jump at this chance to stand side-by-side with the mighty Galgon Triumverate, for chances such as these befall mortals but once in a lifetime” or something similar, no doubt!

Galgon transmitted to Centronix “Where you at... I'm hiding RHQ in Bantam atm lol” …and the skill with which Galgon Triumverate can cower within the starbase hangar is unmatched and is the envy of all sensible pilots within the constellation (although it must be said this constellation seems somewhat lacking in sensible pilots!)

Now Centronix did say unto Galgon “why dont you grab a free frig rather than a bantam? :)” to which Galgon responded “Logi rocks” and Centronix was satisfied with this answer for it is True that Logi does indeed ‘rock’ and none can argue with that!

A plan was formed and Centronix brought out his mighty Condor, intending to furiously tackle our foes as generous Shield Reps were showered upon him. Setting his course to the Battlegrounds of ‘Poinen Top Belt’, Centronix charged forth and did tackle the enemy and Galgon was warping towards his FC as quickly as he could, but it seemed the capricious Gods were once again meddling in Galgon’s affairs for first they slowed the pace of his warp, and then they slowed the pace of his targeting and Galgon was unable to apply even one cycle of his Remote Shield Transporters [Tech 1] before the titan Centronix was brought low.

Then Galgon did feel like a bit of an idiot and did search his soul for an answer to this obscene failure to provide the most basic Logi support to his FC and the answer was not found wanting (for Galgon is unsuppressable) and the answer was this – Galgon did turn his back on the sacred Bantam Mark 1 Field Repair Vehicle (and was seen to spit in the direction of the proud Bantam’s lined within his starbase) and did think ‘I will betake myself to the Red POS and pilot a free Merlin’; for though it is Galgon’s destiny to be the most celebrated Logistics pilot in New Eden, it seemed that perhaps that destiny could wait just ‘a little’ longer!

Now within his mighty Merlin Mark 1 Armoured Tank did Galgon again join the titan Centronix, and time and again these mighty pilots brought low their foes [taking minimal losses, to Galgon’s recollection] and this felt Good! Centronix was indefatigable, but Galgon was finally called back to base to listen to an urgent transmission from Channel ‘RL’ and did thank Centronix for the fleet and did indulge in one [or two] sips of the victory Quafe ‘tis true!

But it was not long before Galgon blessed the sacred Frigatus festival with his immortal presence again and this time he did forego the idea of Logistics support altogether and did think to himself “Fook that for a game of soldiers, it was more fun to pew shit up” (‘scuse my ‘Gallente’) and thought he had acquitted himself admirably in the Merlin Mark 1 previously, and that he would pilot the mighty Armoured Tank once again and could almost see the merry flashes of the Kill Mail notifications before he had even left the starbase!

Now Galgon had not reckoned on facing another immortal that day (the Gods usually meddling in Galgon’s affairs in less obvious ways) but across the field of battle (Poinen Top Belt) strode the ‘Pewmaster’ Gorski Car, casting aside Red and Blue alike in his furious Berserkergang; and it was with some trepidation that Galgon did face this opponent – and rightfully so – for Gorski Car is famous far and wide for the death to which he delivers all who oppose him; and Galgon was not wrong to know doubt, for he could barely close to battle range against Gorski Car and was punished with cruel hammer blows from the ingenious Drones which Gorski did employ, and did explode amidst the starfield and be denied the sacred Kill Mail for which he had thirsted.

Now Galgon is becoming [slightly] less ignorant of Frigate duelling tactics and thought to himself that the Merlin would never be able to overcome this mighty foe and he looked far and wide (within the Red POS) for a solution to this issue and a solution was not found wanting, for soon his gaze alighted upon the Kestrel Mark 1 Light Missile Boat and he thought to himself ‘with the power of a [Tech 1] MWD, I may be able to keep range on my opponent and reign Light Missile death from afar’ and this was pleasing to Galgon; although the vexing complication of how to hold an opponent in place long enough to destroy him did cross his mind!

But Galgon is ‘all about solutions not problems’ and Galgon did think to himself ‘if I warp in at 50km and wait until another pilot is engaging Gorski, then I could whore the sacred Kill Mails and be vaunted as victor this day! And as the surging tides of battle moved back and forth, Galgon, Gorski and James Repo (yet another titanic pilot amongst the Frigatus festivities) did share the sacred Kill Mails between them and great honour was given and due that afternoon.

Then onto the battlefield strode another pilot named ‘STARAGATE’… this pilot joined the fray as any other, but it soon became clear that he forswore the might of Tech 1 Modules and had procured the obscene profanity of Tech 2 Modules (may they rot forever in hell… or at least until Galgon is sufficiently trained to employ them!)

Now STARAGATE’s Tech 2 splendour dispatched e’en the immortal Gorski (without even range-whoring!) and it looked like he would hang on the edge of the trysting ground, picking off pilots unchallenged in his Tech 2 Supremary! But this was not to be, for Gorski returned to the field undeterred and did charge furiously towards STARAGATE again – such is the courage of Gorski that he can be daunted by no man or woman! Then did Galgon turn on his Target Painter and painted STARAGATE as brightly as the Sun and Galgon did project his Light Missile barrage towards STARAGATE and Lo! It happened that even the might of Tech 2 Modules can be brought low by the combined efforts of two immortals side-by-side and this felt GOOD to Galgon Triumverate!

Then did Galgon bethink himself of the honour with which STARAGATE had faced two opponents alone and Galgon did open up the Local Communications channel and provide STARAGATE with a ‘GF’ for he had well-earned it! Galgon waited eagerly for the reciprocal ‘GF’ but instead he was answered with the bitter words ‘bit gay waiting for the easy kill’… and Galgon was wroth with anger! But sometimes rage has also been known to get the better of Galgon and cause him to make an idiot of himself in local (such as in the Otela incident that presaged Galgon’s entry into the Red Federation), so Galgon consoled himself with his cherished [6.549m ISK] kill mail and did content himself with the gentle rebuke “always nice to see a GF gracefully received”!

Now Galgon and Gorski were left facing each other over the wreck of STARAGATE’s pimped-up Frigate and it seemed right that only one victor should remain, so Gorski turned his Drones on Galgon and Galgon turned his MWD on Gorski, and the MWD won the day for Galgon was able to MWD off beyond reach and so only one victor did remain (Gorski)!

Again Galgon returned to the field and employed the range-whoring tactic one last time in his Kestrel and did again catch Gorski fighting James Repo, and when Gorski was target-painted again and attacked by two opponents, only one result was inevitable – Galgon and James were left victorious on the field of battle and Galgon did try once more to employ the might of his Tech 1 MWD but this time he had strayed too close to James Repo (who has the reflexes of the Jecal) and lethal fire flew between them and yet no quarter was given nor asked for… until first the shields of both opponents were stripped away, and still no quarter was given nor asked; and then the entirety of both pilots armour was destroyed and both were stood naked in their structure… but still no quarter was asked nor pleaded and lethal fire continued to rain between them, with Galgon urging his over-heated Light Missile Launcher to churn out barrage after barrage and for a moment it did look as if Galgon would be victorious in this thunderous contest and only one more barrage of Light Missiles would be required to defeat his brave opponent… but even still his opponent stood firm and cast fire into Galgon’s face and Galgon was thrown down and James Repo stood victorious, albeit with only 3% structure remaining and heroic indeed is James Repo for not once during the engagement did James flinch and he did most-assuredly earn the victory GF, which was returned with honour by the noble and mighty James Repo!

Yet once more that weekend did Galgon return to the field of Frigatus festivities and mightily had he enjoyed this great event! Searching the ‘Fleet Finder’ Galgon’s eye did alight upon a fleet set on ‘Suicide Ganking’ a miner within the Poinen system, and Galgon was intrigued, for he had never before engaged in the noble art of Suicide Ganking and did lust eagerly with suicidal joy for the Sacred Kill Mail which might be earned from such an act!

Now Galgon was pleased to see the Suicide Gank fleet was FC’d by the noble Centronix, whom we have had cause to mention before, and Centronix did wisely tutor us all in advance on the noble art of Ganking and did remind us to disengage our Safety Devices prior to engagement and Galgon disengaged his Safety Device with zeal, for he had not been aware his ship possessed such a device and he spurned such childish protections!

Galgon did follow the fleet to the asteroid belt with bright fire in his veins, and did – on the word of his FC – charge furiously the [innocent] Mining Barge that was the target of the Gank Squad and did Point and Web the Barge – Aye! And did employ the might of his Tech 1 Electron Blasters also, for all the good it did – barely scratching the surface of the majestic Barge. Now Galgon was almost immediately sought out by the [retarded] forces of CONCORD, who frown upon such noble acts of Gank – but Galgon was not perturbed, for this was a Suicide Gank and so Galgon kept his Mighty Tech 1 Electron Blasters aimed true until the end and did think as his POD was ejected that he was pretty good at this Suicide Ganking business… and it was true, at least, that he had no difficulty mastering the Suicide element!

Now Galgon paused a moment in his POD to admire the imminent destruction of the Gank Squad’s target and did err in this, for even the hated School of Applied Knowledge mentioned once or twice the need to WARP OFF YOUR POD IMMEDIATELY! But Galgon was distracted thinking about his future career as an Elite Suicide Ganker and all the Glory he would win bringing terror to the [innocent] Miners of New Eden!

From this pleasant reverie was Galgon soon awoken, for it seemed that the Mining Barge would not succumb to the Suicide Squad and would survive our terrible onslaught and as Galgon thought to himself that he had better WARP HIS POD OFF IMMEDIATELY he was dismayed to find himself Warp Disrupted by a hostile Battlecruiser and did cringe inwardly as he bethought himself of his cherished +3 Implants (the likes of which have never been seen before!) and his newly purchased Skill Hardwires which he had already grown mightily fond of!

Of course, no POD (not even the immortal Galgon Triumverate’s) can face down a hostile Battlecruiser victoriously, but the titanic struggle that ensued seemed almost too close to call at times and only as the final percentage of Galgon’s POD structure gave way, was the outcome ever certain!

Now Galgon did bethink to himself that he would have to drive his Slave harder, and harder still, until his [hated] Badger Mark 0.9 Hauling Appliance could re-coup the losses of the day; but Galgon did console himself with the thought that he could at least return quickly to the battlefields to finish the Frigatus festivities with honour.

But Galgon Triumverate was disabused even of this tiny comfort. For by some nefarious design, his foes had relocated his Clone to the Kamda system over 15 jumps away, and Galgon could not understand how they had achieved this, for he was sure he had gotten round to re-locating his Clone within the Otela system, unless the Gods are now messing with his very memories on top of all their other meddling?!

One final indignity must Galgon Triumverate admit that day… for amongst the noble Capsuleers of the Red Federation, there is one spoken of in whispers named Y'talana Ktra'a, who can oft times be found sifting amongst the corpses like some sadistic Ghoul... and for what debauched purposes she employs these macabre trophies – no-one who lives can attest, yet she herself was heard to have confirmed, of Galgon’s corpse, in open communication “heh, snuggle :P” – such depravity can scarcely be believed!

But as Galgon did console his outraged mind with a medicinal Quafe, he did think that the Frigatus Festival had been a resounding success and did look forward to many more opportunities to fight alongside and against the noble pilots of RvB.

Eat!

Sleep!

Be subjected to depraved graveside acts by one’s compatriots!

Repeat??!!

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#34 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

In the first week after Hiroshima, extravagant statements by President Truman and other official spokesmen for the U.S. government transformed the inception of the atomic age into the most mythologized event in American history.

Stewart Udall

-----

Galgon Triumverate must pause from the heavy burden of his duties for just one moment, to herald the arrival of another immortal within the ranks of the Glorious Reds - listen carefully to his name, for he shall soon stand [almost] as far above you tiresome mortals as Galgon Triumverate himself - which is to say 'as far above as the very Sun in the sky!'. craigo Lakey is his nom-de-guerre and he has flown amongst the heavens of New Eden for only one week since graduating into the Federal Navy Academy, which Galgon Triumverate must assume is an establishment of a much greater pedigree than the [hated] School of Applied Knowledge if it produces cadets such as craigo Lakey!

Galgon Triumverate was seeking a foe to match ships against, having finally been initiated into the arcane mysteries of Tech 2 Blaster Specialization... and Galgon must admit to some relief in bidding goodbye to his Mighty Tech 1 Electron Blasters and bidding "hello-there" to his Peerless Tech 2 Electron Blasters!

craigo Lakey did step up to the challenge and such is the dignity and honour with which this pilot comports himself, that Galgon did assume for a moment that this was a veteren of many years; though when Galgon consulted his databases, he found to his surprise, that this pilot was barely born!

Thinking that he would quickly dispatch this neophyte, Galgon was staggered by the ferocity with which he fought - matching Tech 1 Blasters against Tech 2 Blasters, yet Galgon's trusty Merlin was unable to withstand the withering fire of these Tech 1 Blasters and Galgon Triumverate was barely able to escape the clutches of this demigod when the capacitor on his Incursus ran low (having employed an active tank) and his point slipped for a second, just as Galgon's structure was at a critical level! Not bad for a character with one weeks' training!

Yet this was not enough for the brave and noble craigo - four times more he fought Galgon (who is also well-known for both bravery and nobility, it should be added) and demonstrated skill with the Tristan and Catalyst as  well as the Incursus and acquitting himself well on each occasion.

Glorious indeed are the Reds to have such a brave recruit within their ranks!

-----

Galgon Triumverate must also relate another encounter, which preceded these, against the Blue pilot STARAGATE about whom has been written previously. Now STARAGATE did fall foul of Galgon's [cunning] range-whoring tactics during the festival of frigatus and did accept Galgon's challenge of Frigate 1v1ing again this day, and Galgon himself did feel some trepidation in approaching this veteran alone in his Merlin, without the comfort of 40km between them and another pilot to hold point! But Galgon is not one to succumb to fear, and did face this veteran proudly upon the sacred trysting grounds of Otela P1.

When battle commenced, STARAGATE demonstrated to Galgon that he is not the undisputed master of range-whoring and did kite Galgon's Merlin most vexingly; raining punishing fire on Galgon whilst standing untouched against him. Poor Galgon's shields were decimated quickly, and his armour was cast from him and Galgon was unable to land even a glancing blow on his opponent and did ready himself for the inevitable destruction of his Merlin.

Yet STARAGATE showed honour to Galgon and did say "be free" and did let slip his point purposefully and Galgon did mash the warp button, for he is not a total fool (despite sometimes feeling like one, and oftimes acting like one)... and STARAGATE did say unto Galgon "i dont see the point of kill some one that cant fight back, because of range" and Galgon did accept this gentle rebuke and think that STARAGATE was a most honourable foe!

-----

Quafe!

Dream!

Kill!

Repeat!

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#35 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

Have to admit, I have read through the report you provided of the recent FFA weekend, and oh boy was it a great read. I look forward to more reports from Galgon!

#36 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

Galgon Triumverate has heard mighty tales, Sir Gankfather, of your august majesty.

Long has he awaited the secret code initiating him into the upper echelons of Olympus... methinks this missive above has about it the ring of cypher and Galgon's +3 implants (the likes of which have never been seen before!) do interpret this as "you are immediately promoted to Deputy Gankfather - The Gankson"

Galgon Triumverate will accept this commission of course, for Galgon is as magnanimous as he is Great!

-----

...meanwhile from Planet Earth...

Cheers Mangala! Leon :-)

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#37 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

'In the online age, it was more important to live out loud than to live with dignity'
Daniel Silva [The Heist]

-----

Looking back now, through a fog of recursively-generated memories, the beginning seems difficult to grasp. The details seem clear, and yet the context... less so.

My first real memories are of graduating to the Career Paths of the School of Applied Knowledge. These provided an introduction to the opportunities available for a pilot within New Eden - Hauling, Trading, Mining and Manufacturing. In addition, they provided the opportunity to engage in Combat - real combat - against the novice pilots of the great Pirate Factions, which are sent into High Security space as part of their own development programmes.

Completing the Career Paths provided me with my first reserves of ISK and more ships than I could ever imagine using! They introduced me to the concepts of Skill Training... enabling me to slowly utilise the rewards provided by each syllabus.

Having completed the Career Paths with ease, I looked around for further opportunities and noted the different Divisions in which work was available for the monolithic NPC Corporations - Security, Distribution and Mining. These seemed to provide the clearest path onwards for me, so I fitted a Venture for mining, a Badger for Hauling and a Merlin for Security work and set-about earning more money... but this life seemed repetitive, and lonely. I began to question my place in the world, thinking several times that it might be better to end this New Eden existence.

I needed the company of fellow Capsuleers to make this unending-life seem liveable. I availed myself of the starbase bulletin boards and trawled the recruitment ads for various independent Corporations - I knew what i needed... somewhere amenable to a young Capsuleer - somewhere I could engage in the required activities of Mining and Missions (as directed by the School of Applied Knowledge). I finally found what I had been looking for - an independent Corpation named Jol Nar Industries based within the Kamda system:-

Spoiler

Jol Nar Industries were a medium sized corporation, that were recruiting industry and combat oriented pilots and, more importantly, were Rookie friendly - providing support to help new pilots get going in New Eden - just the type of organisation that a young capsuleer like myself had been looking for!

Easgerly submitting my resume for the consideration of their Recruitment Officers, I was pleased to be contacted, without pause for hesitation, by their CEO liaxolox - inviting me to immediately join his group.

I was introduced into the corporation with a brief, unechoed, "welcome" in their communication channel and, not wanting to waste any time, I resolved to move my assets that afternoon, to the Kamda system where our headquarters were located.

But all was not as it seemed at Jol Nar Industries... it soon became apparent that Industry and Combat oriented meant mining, and lots of it! Daily messages enjoined us to join their mining fleet, where boosts were available every hour of the day via Rage Face - a neural replicant of the CEO. liaxolox seemed almost a neural replicant himself - always at the helm and yet never available on our communication channel. Fleet protocol required ore to be stored within Rage's Orca and we were issued payment in Kredits via interstellar transfer following each day of mining - although payment was haphazard and often incorrect... or "rounded for convenience" as liaxolos liked to say!

liaxolox and his stooge Rage Face, were joined in their corporate responsibilities by another Director named Elimindreda. Eli never joined our mining fleets, but lia seemed to trust Eli more than anyone else - they were often to be found within the starbase, their whispering always silenced the minute they saw one of us workers approaching.

Spoiler

The quiet routine of my new life was violently interrupted around a week later, by the news that CONCORD had turned their backs on us, and accepted payment to sanction an attack on our organisation! The Corporation at the heart of this declaration was named Sword of the Saviour, but our communication channels were abuzz with another name that morning - CODE!

Spoiler

This was the first I had heard about CODE... but I had known christopher - like myself he was a new worker at the corporation and a young capsuleer making a start in New Eden... perhaps like myself he had not heard of CODE, and had protected his own interests without understanding the implications of his actions. I resolved to scour the starbase databases for information on the mysterious CODE - after all, I would have plenty of time on my hands, being 'docked up' for the duration of this war!

...to be continued...

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#38 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

'Well that was a great roam last night, happy that we all enjoyed it so much'
Mangala 'The Gankfather' Solaris

-----

Last night Galgon Triumverate took part in the great expedition 'Ganked 166' (codenamed Gone Fishin') led by the august Gankfather himself, Mangala Solaris - whom, it is known, has taken a special interest in young Galgon Triumverate.

Sir Ganks-alot had let it be known throughout the region that he was planning an expedition deep into Sovereign Nullsec, although our final destination was a tightly-held secret, that Galgon himself had had to erase from his memories to thwart the psychic probes of his enemies. But when The Ganksta calls, he is not left standing alone - pilots flooded to his banner from across the whole region and beyond, drawn by the famous Ganked maxim "In the middle of a proper fight nobody cares if you died"... let's face it - this shit was dangerous and nothing draws the scum of the spaceways from their gutters like danger!

We began to gather at 19:00 universal time, with some of the less disciplined pilots straggling in closer to 20:00... Galgon himself had been waylaid in a fist-fight with 24 naked sumo wrestlers; else he, of course, would have arrived on time.

Hazarding the habitual scorning of his beloved Osprey Mark 1 Logistics Platform, Galgon proffered the boundless largesse of his logistics support. But word had spread of his peerless ability to tackle, and such was the need for his uncomprimising point, that Galgon girded himself in his trusty Merlin Mark 1 Armoured Tank and lined-up alongside the serried banners of the various Warleaders assigned to lead the many squads beneath the imperious Gankfather and his Wing Commanders - each a famous warleader in their own rights! Galgon himself was mustered within the squad led by Shish Tukay within Waitangi's wing - and took his place with some trepidation, for it is true that before this night, Galgon had never left the security of High Sec space.

Engaging communications, Galgon was somewhat distracted by the morale-boosting visuals priovided by Iredude - designed, it must be thought, to raise the pressure of our blood, in anticipation of the slaughter to come! Yet the unlikely proportions of Iredude's visuals were not the only thing to stagger Galgon - for when the flight path was disclosed, it was clear this was no expedition to the borderlands of Null Sec, but a deep spearhead into the heartlands of Fountain!

Spoiler

This looked like an assault on the Brave Collective - an audacious undertaking that would have seemed absurb had it been proposed by a lesser pilot than Mangala 'The Gankfather' Solaris! Setting his route-planning systems to forego the luxery of a safer path, Galgon headed out into the unknown - passing through Low Sec with barely a pause, he plunged into the lawless wastes of Null Sec with his fleet-mates beside him - taking comfort from the great Worms that flew alongside his Merlin (some pilots clearly felt the need for the additional security provided by these technological wonder-ships... but not Galgon!)

As we forged our way closer to our destination, our Scouts began to spot signs that our passing was noticed - as we were trailed unobtrusively from system to system, by the pioneers of the great coalitions. Nearing our destination of YZ-LQL - the Serpentis stronghold within the heart of Fountain, we foreswore the swiftness of 'free burn' and formed ranks for the safety of all, undertaking majestic fleet warps as we neared the end of our long journey.

Spoiler

Pausing to form up outside the gateway to YZ-LQL, we were instructed to jump and hold cloak... and rightly so, for as we passed into the system, we saw the enemy fleet awaited us on the other side of the gate - with us cloaked right under their noses, betrayed only by the constant flash of the jump gate activating.

With a final word of encouragement, we were instructed to drop our cloaks and engage our enemy - the Gankfather himself calling targets, with Galgon feeling the blood rushing in his brain like an overdose of Boosters i.e. an average night in the life of nitro oxide!

The pilots of the Brave Collective did fight with honour that night, and Galgon himself was targeted several times by their leading pilots - but to no avail! For Galgon did transmit the Broadcast request for Shields and was not ignored by the might of the Logi Bro Crew - who, it is said, have a special place in their heart for Galgon, who is one day destined to lead them!

And Galgon Triumverate did almost discharge in his own spacesuit, at the thought of the cherished Kill Mails he would win for himself on that field of battle. For he was like a man demented (in so far as he was a man, and he was demented) pointing Caracal after Caracal (in case the interdiction sphere dropped, it was best to have a failsafe!)

When the Gankfather finally stopped calling the targets, Galgon looked around at the sea of wrecks surrounding the YZ-LQL gate and thought to himself that he was pretty good at invading Null Sec, but that invading Null Sec was tiring work; and with his blood afire from the pandemonium of battle (aye, and from some of the visuals provided by Iredude) he thought to himself that he would sample the famous Serpentis lovepits at The Guardian Angel Assembly Plant, that he had heard much tell of during his youth!

Spoiler

Waking the next morning, with his brain still afire with Quafe, Galgon did look around himself astonished - for he was alone within the depths of sovereign Null Sec without his fleet mates around him! And Galgon did wonder to himself how he would be able to return to the safety of Otela, with such dangerous stretches of space betwixt him and it.

But Galgon was not to wonder for long, for when he undocked from the station for a quick look at his surroundings, he was relieved of the burden of this quandry, by the kindness of the Null Sec pilots that greeted him. "Good morning bright Triumvir" their guns seemed to mock, as they tramelled both his Merlin and his POD in short order!

Which is one fine way to deal with a hangover!

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#39 Linn Wei

Linn Wei

Inquisitor

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSweden
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

Epic stuff man, much approved!

#40 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:02 PM

'The Cold War had become a battlefield marked by Doublespeak. Disguise, distortion and deception were accepted as reality'
Annie Jacobson

-----

For the next week of my life, I periodically activated my on-board systems to check the status of the War with Sword of the Saviour, and concentrated on my home-learning activities - continuing to improve my understanding of the the basic skills required by all young Capsuleers.

I also took the time to interrogate the starbase databases about the mysterious CODE and their activities within High Security space. CODE seemed a bit like a cult - paying homage to their leader James 315 who, for reasons known only to himself, had declared a war on innocent miners like ourselves, whose only crimes were engaging in the productive art of mining, and feeding the industrial engines of New Eden.

There was plenty of propaganda available, that justified the activities of James' agents - or Knights, as they call themselves. Much of this concentrated on 'bot-aspirancy', which revealed itself in the automation of on-board computer systems, allowing Capsuleers to mine without actively controlling their ships; or the use of neural replicants to facilitate large scale operations directed by a single Capsuleer... my thoughts turned to liaxolox and his neural replicant Rage Face, and it began to seem clearer to me why our organisation had been targeted.

Spoiler

I engaged in some idle chatter with fellow JNI workers during the next week - after all, I wasn't authorised to undertake any other activities! I struck up several conversations with another new worker - Ogre Magi. Like myself Ogre Magi had recently joined the organisation, but it had been several years since Ogre had graduated from the academies - he seemed very experienced, and regaled me with tales of engaging in combat with Sleepers and Drifters - exotic entities abroad in New Eden, that I'd never heard tell of previously.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, liaxolox joined the channels periodically, to remind us not to undock. His neural replicant Rage Face had left the organisation the moment that war had been declared and liaxolox spent most of his time directing Rage Faces' clandestine mining activities whilst the rest of us languished within the starbase. Elimindreda, had authorisation to leave the starbase despite the threat of attack, and I picked-up on a few snippets of conversation between Eli and liaxolox relating to WH space and a POS - concepts that were completely new to me at that time.

One afternoon, Ogre and myself considered the possibility of fighting back against the Sword of the Saviour - the constant inactivity chafed at us both. This was promptly quoshed by liaxolox who maintained the mantra "I think boredom is our best weapon"... and he was right - boredom was certainly killing me!

I resolved to brave the controls of my Venture, despite the edict of liaxolox, and take a quick-run out to the local asteroid belt. In complete ignorance about the realities of fighting against fellow capsuleers, I told myself it was unlikely any War Targets would catch me. They conducted periodic patrols within the Kamda system, as indicated by their presence within the Local communication channel, so I waited until they left the system and siezed my opportunity - undocking from the starbase and making a run for one of the local belts. I engaged my Mining Lasers - it felt good to be doing something - even Mining, which I had come to despise before the war had been declared!

My ignorance was soon exposed, as I was attacked by a Sword of the Saviour pilot named Alana Charen-Teng before I had even noticed her presence in Local! My Venture was soon destroyed and my POD was unable to escape into warp - the next thing I knew, I awoke within the Civic Court clone bay - clearly I had been destroyed and I had lost the precious +1 implants earned through the School of Applied Knowledge Career Paths.

Spoiler

I was angry now. Angry with liaxolox for bringing this war on us with his 'bot-aspirancy'! Angry at Alana Charen-Teng for her merciless attack! But most of all, I was angry with myself - for behaving like a rank idiot and for so quickly paying the price for it. I thirsted for vengeance and looking around, my eyes alighted on the proud Merlin Attack Frigate that had been awarded to me on my graduation from the Advanced Military syllabus. I scoured my warehouse space for modules and fitted my Merlin just as the School of Applied Knowledge had taught me - Light Electron Blasters for offense, Propulsion module for speed and Shield modules for defense. With a new feeling in my heart, I engaged the thrusters on my Merlin and set-out looking for revenge!

Spoiler

...I awoke within the Civic Court clone bay...

...to be continued...

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users