• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit
  • LocationRecursively-generated Nightmare
  • Favorite Ship:Osprey Mark I Logistics Platform
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:28 PM

Jecal carcass in Otela this morning.

Afterburner scorch marks on burst stomach.

This galaxy is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

----------

I am Galgon Triumverate. Failed scion of the short-lived Jitan Triumvii.

From an early age, I was forcibly enrolled within the local School of Applied Knowledge to mound further shame on my families' shattered heritage. I finally broke free of their industrial hegemony and found refuge within the ranks of the Knights of the New Halaima Code of Conduct.

This is my story...

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#2 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

"The Comedian is dead"

Daniel Dreiburg, Nite Owl II

"Long Live the Comedian"

Galgon Triumverate

---------------

I am Galgon Triumverate... still.

Although my confidence has been rocked, my resolution remains unmoved.

It seems being destined for greatness, is simply a beginning and my destination lies in shadow, beyond the Chimeran Nebula.

Yesterday, I confidently joined the ranks of my so-called peers; pulling tight orbits in my all-powerful Osprey Mark 1: Logistics Platform. Eager to cross swords with my foes and bring back the lion's share of the glory and the spoils.

I accept my confidence wavered momentarily as rank after rank of proud Battleships formed-up around me - I had no idea that such powerful forces could be arraigned in one place.

My education was deficient - the hated School of Applied Knowledge had once again veiled my eyes to the world around me.

Still... being born to command I joined the fleet roster and confidently X'd up for Logistics when the FC called for DPS.

DAMN the School of Applied Knowledge!

Recovering my native cool, I tried X'ing up again when logistics were actually called for... this time my contribution was not met with derision - had my so-called peers actually recognised the vital necessity of my place besides them?!

My needle well-and-firmly in the groove I declaimed "How does the cap chain work"... it is always important to ask these types of questions out loud as, even though I require the advice of no man or woman, it gives others the opportunity to demonstrate the little knowledge they hold and educates those that have not even that.

"I'm cap independent" said both of the other brave logistics officers around me"

...cap independent?! How is such a thing possible?!

Damn, damn, DAMN the School of Applied Knowledge for imposing this ignorance upon me!

It slowly dawned on me... I was useless - I had brought a broken knife to a gun fight.

An insidious thought crept into my [unsurpassingly brilliant] mind... perhaps I was unready for this... maybe it would have helped if I had been part of a fleet before... why had I not considered this possibility... why had the hated School of Applied Knowledge not taught me any better?!

I slipped quietly out of the ranks... the shame is too much for me to bear - may my forefathers forgive me.

The Comedian is dead...

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#3 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

http://vignette3.wik...=20141218052017

Resident RvB bad

#4 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Tyrell "Would you... like to be upgraded?"

Galgon "I had in mind something a little more radical"

Tyrell "What... what seems to be the problem"

Galgon "Death"

-----------------------------

Today the Titan Galgon Triumverate was known to have crossed swords with two honourable foes - remember their names for they have defeated Galgon Triumverate and are therefore exalted into the ranks of the immortals!

Pirex Tecstronix was the first to have the honour to face me. This warrior would not be kept sodden in the bottom of the Quafe Vat, like his compatriots, and sought action e'en on this day of galactic tranquility.

As you all know, Galgon Triumverate is also a warrior born - aye and as eager for glory as this upstart Pirex Tecstronix! A tryst was made and 1v1 combat within the unparalleled magnificence of Tech 1 Frigates was to be our due.

Quickly warping towards the Liekuri system to meet at the hallowed battlegrounds of P3, Galgon Triumverate's impudent charge was checked only by the realisation that some ammunition would, perhaps, be of use.

(Galgon Triumverate sometimes chooses to face his foes unarmed to allow them a microscopic chance at victory, but in this case he chose not to mock his foe in this way - it being a Galactic Holiday and all)

Weapons freshly armed he [again] headed out to the astronomical coliseum known as Liekuri P3 and saw his foe awaiting him on the field.

Spiralling in, with all the skill expected of a Triumverate, Galgon activated his Scrambler and caught his foe in his web... only to find his foe had also point and webbed him. Locked now in combat to the death, it could only be a matter of time before Galgon was triumphant... quickly eating through his opponents shields like a hot knife through butter Galgon could almost hear the trumpets of victory sounding.

...and then it dawned on Galgon that his foe was armour tanking and Galgon's weapons were, apparently, suffering a malfunction - for they could not make a dent in Pirex's armour plating?! Was this the gods once again intervening to test his mettle? ...or was some more earthly, nefarious, force in action here. Choosing the only honourable path before him, Galgon continued to flail uselessly at the armour of Pirex Tecstronix, as his structure was trammelled and his POD was ejected into the cold reaches of space. But Lo! This Pirex was an honourable foe and Galgon's +3 implants (the likes of which have never been seen before) were saved from destruction as GF's were exchanged and Pirex - with the impudence of victory - offered what he obviously thought were some key words of advice to his foe (Galgon did not require this advice, but thought it churlish to mention and... on reflection, it did seem better than the hated School of Applied Knowledge had ever provided).

Hearing of Galgon's defeat, the mighty warrior Crazy Dogbreath stood up and said "Aye", "I will also face this Galgon, for though his skills appear to be those of an untrained puppy" (lies!) "I also sense the greatness this man is destined for"...this may not be the exact words of the Officer Crazy Dogbreath, but it was doubtless something very similar.

Now Crazy Dogbreath is known throughout the system for his honour and fairness, and like Galgon he chose to take the field armed mightily with the unparalleled power of Tech 1 modules (Meta 4 allowed). Crazy Dogbreath provided some words of advice before the fight started [needless, of course, but it showed a charitable attitude that Galgon chose to tolerate].

The majestic backdrop of Otelia P2 was to be the trysting ground for this second encounter and once again Galgon skillfully spiralled towards his opponent... although due to a freak navigational malfunction this did appear to his foe as a headlong charge. Once again the Blasters were eating through an opponents shields, only to thwarted by Gallantean armour plating. Once again Galgon tasted the bitter dregs of defeat. Twice in one day - how can this shame be tolerated?!

Crazy Dogbreath stood tall in victory and discussed tactics with Galgon (no doubt hoping to get the benefit of Galgon's experience)... Galgon again tolerated this patiently until Crazy Dogbreath mentioned the arcane chicanery known as Thermodynamics. DAMN the School of Applied Knowledge for this was another area they had deprived Galgon the knowledge of in his, apparently, comprehensive training programme. May all their teachers die in the uttermost depths of the seven Hells for this oversight.

Remember their names - Pirex Tecstronic and Crazy Dogbreath for they have managed the impossible and shall be honoured as immortals by all across this wide Galaxy that honour the might of Galgon Triumverate. May they enjoy the Victor's Quafe and thank the Gods themselves for their escape from certain death.

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#5 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

WTF is this hot mess?

Posted Image

#6 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

WTF is this hot mess?

Do you really want to know? And given that he repeatedly puts down his peers, yet they are also the target audience of these stories, is it worth it?

No zappiry nor Fansy is he.

#7 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

How about learning some grammar and punctuation before you bloviate?  

Posted Image

#8 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

How about learning some grammar and punctuation before you bloviate?

Ooooooooo someone remembers their 601 SAT words.

#9 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWales
  • Favorite Ship:Rapier
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

Guys this is gold! Please let it continue.. Someone get him a damn Drake!!

#10 Galgon Triumverate

Galgon Triumverate

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Recruit

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Be careful.

Be very careful.

This ride is not for the weak.

Game Cat

Be careful. We mustn't wake her.

The Sniffing General

--------

NAME: Galgon Triumverate

DATE OF BIRTH: YC XXX XX-XX-XXXXXX

CLONE REFERENCE ID: XXXX/XXXX-XXXXX-XX/XXXX

SCHOOL: School of Applied Knowledge, Akiainavas System

PROGRAMME: Industry and Industrial Techniques - Basic

REPORT YC XXX XX-XX-XXXXXX A

Galgon Triumverate self-enrolled onto the Industry and Industrial Techniques (Basic) course following an unremarkable tenure as a Logistics Clerk (Third-Grade) within the Suukuvesta Corporation warehouse SVX-001A within the Akiainavas system.

Industry Lecturers reported consistent failure to attend seminars throughout the Introductory term and an inability to comprehend the most basic subjects delivered during the Refresher Modules and Galgon shortly afterwards was recommended for expulsion fom the programme.

However, following the submission of Medical Records indicating that Galgon had suffered from a traumatic nervous breakdown prior to his admission, it was agreed the Introductory term could be retaken the following [current] year conditional upon immediate psychiatric intervention and agreement to undertake a monitored course of Neural Decompressants and adherence to a programme of Physical and Recreational Therapy.

Preliminary psychiatric evaluations indicated the presence of a staggeringly broad-range of mental and psychological issues including Paranoid Personality Disorder, Disassociative Amnesia, Delusions of Grandeur, and Chronic Illeism.

Subsequent B23ZR Deep-Psyche Evaluations provided an even more worrying array of disorders and have Red-Flagged Galgon for immediate incarceration and Neural Reprogramming. This Cadet poses a significant and immediate threat not only to himself other Cadets, and Lecturers of this establishment; but also a real probability of actions likely to threaten the safety of Caldari Citizens on a system-wide level.

Let me be clear – Galgon Triumverate is not only seriously ill, but harbours criminal ambitions and genocidal potential. Starbase rights are to be revoked immediately followed by sedated incarceration pending consideration of Civic Court approval of the recommendation above.

REPORT YC XXX XX-XX-XXXXXX [UPDATE]

Galgon Triumverate, referenced in my earlier report, has escaped off-world in a stolen Ibis Frigate supplied through the incompetence of several Civic Court officials. This patient is now deemed too volatile for effective re-programming and should be immediately terminated with extreme prejudice.

REPORT YC XXX XX-XX-XXXXXX [UPDATE]

An individual operating under the name Galgon Triumverate has been observed within The Forge region of Caldari Space; and has been identified with 99.725% certaintly as the fugitive identified above. Recommend immediate communication to all authorities operrating within the region... this individual is highly volitile and should be apprehended on sight. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS INDIVIDUAL! Civic Court officials have already been subverted in what appears to be a confidence trick on a Galactic scale. This individual is suspected of involvement in the Jol Nar Industries share collapse and rumours have also been identified of involvement in a recent incident within the Otelia system.

Be careful. Be very Careful...

"Be afraid of The Dark"
Galgon Triumverate

signature.jpg

#11 Crazy Dogbreath

Crazy Dogbreath

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Recruit
  • LocationEssex, England, sitting down facing forward
  • Favorite Ship:Anything Flashing

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

:) Excellent stuff

#12 Red Bishop

Red Bishop

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

Can we have a ruling on "bloviate" being a real word and not just an American invention?

#13 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

Can we have a ruling on "bloviate" being a real word and not just an American invention?

http://www.oxforddic...nglish/bloviate

Definitely a USism. However given the age, it looks to be acceptable for you Brits.

#14 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationWales
  • Favorite Ship:Rapier
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

I actually think this is pretty entertaining fan fiction. Quite possibly coloured by real world issues but enjoyable to read! Keep it in forum tho mate, in game might end differently ;) +1

#15 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

I actually think this is pretty entertaining fan fiction. Quite possibly coloured by real world issues but enjoyable to read! Keep it in forum tho mate, in game might end differently ;) +1

In this regard, I think some background information is missing. For example, based on this last posting, we know the capsuler in question is not stable and a hazard.

Well, in the novel Templar One, there is a Rogue capsuler from the Gallante empire. He flees from the Cal/Gal war and during the whole escape is terrified of being podded. His clones are all are under Gal control and if he is podded, they either do not allow revival or arrest and execute the clone when it is revived.

Would not the same apply here? Wouldn't the school revoke this capsuler's clones and issue a pod on site order?

So basically, the story clashes with established canon which is generally negatively viewed in fanfic.

The author may benefit from reading the existing canon or if already done, craft explanations to cover the gaps.

Note this does not credit the work or style. Those are decent and the almost police like bulletin/reports are a nice method of pushing the story along. It's just the deviation from canon that is troublesome.

#16 Xantcha

Xantcha

Astarte

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationUSA
  • Favorite Ship:Comet
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

This is eve we write our own stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 Xantcha

Xantcha

Astarte

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationUSA
  • Favorite Ship:Comet
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

Like the eternal battle o hatred between xantcha valor and xantcha Valla.

#18 Y'talana

Y'talana

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Wreck
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

And here I thought I was crazy. <3

Enjoyable read, mostly.
Posted Image

#19 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

Like the eternal battle o hatred between xantcha valor and xantcha Valla.

I'm rooting for Xantcha V.

#20 Crazy Dogbreath

Crazy Dogbreath

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Recruit
  • LocationEssex, England, sitting down facing forward
  • Favorite Ship:Anything Flashing

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

In this regard, I think some background information is missing. For example, based on this last posting, we know the capsuler in question is not stable and a hazard.

Well, in the novel Templar One, there is a Rogue capsuler from the Gallante empire. He flees from the Cal/Gal war and during the whole escape is terrified of being podded. His clones are all are under Gal control and if he is podded, they either do not allow revival or arrest and execute the clone when it is revived.

Would not the same apply here? Wouldn't the school revoke this capsuler's clones and issue a pod on site order?

So basically, the story clashes with established canon which is generally negatively viewed in fanfic.

The author may benefit from reading the existing canon or if already done, craft explanations to cover the gaps.

Note this does not credit the work or style. Those are decent and the almost police like bulletin/reports are a nice method of pushing the story along. It's just the deviation from canon that is troublesome.

Canon? Whats this all about Canons? He used Blasters. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users