• Administrators
  • 874 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland
  • Favorite Ship:Vagabond
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

TLDR
Fitted Ships Program contracts now available via http://prefit.rvb-services.com/, Huge thanks to code wizard Peter Sibiro for going above and beyond in making the website.

3 Years ago Cameron Zero had a vision, to provide fitted frigates at bottom station in Josameto for faster reshipping during RvB fights and help provide RvB with some extra ISK. So was born the Fitted Frigates Program, original thread can be found here: http://rvbeve.com/fo...-ships-program/

I joined the program early in my RvB career as an eager newbie to help make explosions happen by fitting ships for the program. Then in December 2012 I took over running the then FFP for Blue to help Cameron out. In september 2013 I took over running the whole program due to Cameron being very busy in real life.

How this program grown...
This program started with 10 frigates and 1 destroyer, then we saw the addition of t1 fit cruisers, from there 2 more t1 fit destroyers were added and then came the t2 fitted ships from t2 fit frigates to t2 fit Battlecruisers, custom fitting service and it also has had it's name changed to Fitted Ships Program.

This program has always been funded by the person(s) running the program, no ISK has ever been asked or to my knowledge recieved from RvB, only given to RvB.
Back in the day contracts used to be priced on the high side since 2/3rds of the profits would go to help fund RvB. At the time RvB was relatively poor organization depending on donations from generous individuals to help fund things. Then a year ago I was asked to drop the prices and leave out RvBs "cut" since the poco empire was bringing in more and more isk and the profits FSP produced were small in comparison. I did drop the prices but still kept using the profits to fund prizes for events, to buy or manufacture mods, ships and ammo for wars and various other things as running this program has never been about personal profit to us involved with it, but to get more explosions and help fund the fun for all of us. For personal ISK I have 8 indy alts who provide me with ISK quite a number of times the profits FSP makes..

While I am the public face for the program, it wouldn't be where it is today without my manufacturers,ship builders, all the donators and ofc the people at Under Powered Shrubberies who have been doing most of my hauling for quite some time. A huge thank you to you all.

I still do accept donations of ships, rigs, ammo and mods. If you wish to donate ISK, please send that directly to Red Federation or Blue Republic master wallet.

This week sees the latest changes to the program. Firstly, all fits will have 10% markup over Jita prices at the time the contract was made, except BCs which will be at 7.5%. Custom orders will be at 10% markup with delivery within The Forge.

The biggest flaw in eve for this program has, atleast to me, been the clumsy contracts system, sure it's fine for a ship or two but for running a program with 11 t1 frig fits, 3 t1 dessie fits, 5 t1 cruiser fits, 9 t2 frig fits, 5 t2 dessie fits, 16 t2 cruiser fits and 5 t2 bc fits it just is very clumsy and difficult to use.

Thanks to brilliant tech wizrdy by Peter Sibiro you can now log in to http://prefit.rvb-services.com/and see all the ships and fits there. If you use the ingame browser you get linked directly to the contracts !!

Peter has gone above and beyond all to make this wonderful site happen which must have taken countless hours in making.

So thank you Peter, you're my hero :) and thank you to all the wonderfull people who are involved in the FSP, and ofcourse thank you to all the people who use or have ever used Fitted Ships Program...

Miri Boirelle
RvB Ship Fitting Master

RvB Command

RvB Logistics
116 000 ships fitted for RvB

#2 Jiny

Jiny

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

Awesome! Great job Peter, website looks good! And of course, many thanks to Miri and the others who help make this program happen!

B)

#3 hormone1971

hormone1971

Team Leader

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Golem/Vargur
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

Sensational effort Peter. The noobs who have not even joined RvB yet would thank you even.

#4 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

Miri spends quite a lot of time so that people can get the most explosions for their money.  Kudos to him for all his hard work.

Del

Posted Image

#5 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWales
  • Favorite Ship:Rapier
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

God damn guys you really are fantastic. The skill and dedication from you guys really is phenomenal and a serious credit to RvB. 

#6 CiCiP Sux

CiCiP Sux

Bantam

• RvB Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Federation Navy Comet

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

From this newb at least, THANK YOU.....

Great work, very impressed.

#7 Roguebullit

Roguebullit

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Recruit

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

Damn impressive. Well done guys!

#8 Peter Sibiro

Peter Sibiro

Raven

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationSiberia :)
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:14 AM

I am a fan of Fitted Ships Program myself for a long time already. Few years ago Cameron Zero did an amazing job to get this program up and running, keep supplies, logistics etc.

In 2013, I was doing my alternative contracts for a couple of months (with permission from Cameron and Miri), so I know from my own experience how much WORK it requires behind the scenes. I salute Cameron, Miri, and everyone who help this program doing the fitting work, manufacturing jobs, hauling etc.

So, one day I was searching corp contracts for a couple of specific ships and, suddenly, I've got that idea that Eve's API and the integration with in-game browser can do the trick and let folks like me to find necessary things quickly. The next thought I had was about providing cool info about ships and fits, because (we all know) fitted ships look like a mess in the contract window. So, I started the work and when I had some more or less completed idea, showed it to Miri. You know the rest.

As I wrote above, the contracts themselves are just a tip of the iceberg of what Miri does on a daily basis and we'll continue to work together and add new "behind the scenes" features to make his work as a Fitting Master more pleasant and less time consuming. Most likely this will affect the ones who work with Miri for manufacturing and fitting areas.

Regarding the website itself, feel free to bug me if you notice some issue, problem, or have some cool idea how to improve it. Miri already told me that some of you were asking for custom orders. For now it will be like it was before - just drop Miri an evemail and proceed from that. At the moment, I'm more focused on those "inner features" to help Miri running the business, but we'll get back to "client-side" cool additions too. First of them, I'm thinking about "fit import", so you can check in advance whether you have all necessary skills to fly T2 fittings.

All in all, I want to say again "Thank you Cameron and Miri !!!" for the tremendous amount of work you did and keep doing that help people make more explosions. The amount of time I put in this website is nothing compared to what is required to provide literally hundreds of thousand prefitted ships for RvB.

John Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?
Stanley Goodspeed: I'll do my best.
John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and bang the prom queen.
("The Rock" movie)

#9 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

Congrats and awesome. If you ever need help fitting ships, let me know.

#10 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

cool beans

hopefully ccp will get around to fixing the contracts ui so this wont be needed, but until them its much appreciated.

Resident RvB bad

#11 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2017 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:ARMAGEDDON

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

Yes - more speed to finding that ship I need in a hurry. Well done peter et al

#12 Charles Burger

Charles Burger

Astarte

• Director
  • 966 posts
Petty Officer 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Badger

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Awesome! Soooo much easier than trying to filter the contracts in-game. Very nice job Peter.

#13 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

Thanks seem so insufficient for the job these guys do. They hav not only made RvB a better place, but improved the overall dynamic of the org. My hat is off to theses guys!

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#14 Arjar Ammar

Arjar Ammar

Dominix

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts
  • LocationBonnie Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:Rupture

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Thanks seem so insufficient for the job these guys do. They hav not only made RvB a better place, but improved the overall dynamic of the org. My hat is off to theses guys!

This!

Now if they would only sell the Doctrine ships I wouldn't have to spend any money in Jita at all!  ;)

#15 Peter Sibiro

Peter Sibiro

Raven

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationSiberia :)
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

Now if they would only sell the Doctrine ships I wouldn't have to spend any money in Jita at all!  ;)

Of course, it's up to Miri since it's all his child etc.

But... when we have Back Orders up and running (Soon™), I foresee that it might be possible to add some "inactive" fits for which there are no ongoing contracts and all that daily work, but those can still be ordered by RvB pilots (with delayed private delivery). OFC, it's all about Miri call ;)
John Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?
Stanley Goodspeed: I'll do my best.
John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and bang the prom queen.
("The Rock" movie)

#16 Miri Boirelle

Miri Boirelle

Astarte

• Administrators
  • 874 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland
  • Favorite Ship:Vagabond

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Yes, back orderds would be the easiest way to implement this...

#17 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

Holy shit. Now I've seen that site, Im beyond impressed.  That is some serious work right there.

#18 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Can I gift 1000 of those Rifters to Delucian?

Posted Image

#19 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Can I gift 1000 of those Rifters to Delucian?

That's just being mean and spiteful and you know it!

The poor thing is not even competitive anymore! : (

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#20 Tim Pest

Tim Pest

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • 954 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Rifter

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:40 PM

This is the kind of stuff we need to advertise to bump our numbers!

timpestv5.png

A-hole - Likely AFK - Future Alcoholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users