Abysus

Rupture

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Recruit
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

Looks amazing Iredude! The Samsung 850 EVO SSD is a beast, the GTX 980M is currently (afaik) the best mobile graphics card, and that i7 CPU is superb, so consider me jealous! :D

#23 Tommy Howell

Tommy Howell

Rifter

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Recruit
  • LocationCanada
  • Favorite Ship:Ferox of Fury

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

Sager's rock 👍

#24 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWales
  • Favorite Ship:Rapier
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

Hey Iredude, just out of curiosity was this the same laptop as the one you bought? 

https://www.pcspecia...s/vortexIV-17/ 

#25 Iredude

Iredude

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Recruit
  • LocationEast Coast US
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Looks similar but I think that's a different brand, chassis looks a little different.  Looking at the configuration options it would appear you could indeed build it to be the same.  The brand I got was Sager.

#26 Michelle Devereux

Michelle Devereux

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Recruit
  • LocationAt the Grand Galloping Gala, Canterlot, Equestria

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

Just make sure it will play The Witcher 3. If it can do this, it can do everything.

IF there is even currently a Laptop in existence that can play The Witcher 3.........

Posted Image

#27 Y'talana

Y'talana

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Wreck
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

Mmm, "Witcher 3: The GPU burns" or what was its name again?

Nice laptop, I like it. Poor battery tho...
Posted Image

#28 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

Necro! 

http://www.ebay.co.u...f0AAOSwMNxXUus4

I had a look at eves system requirements and they recomend 1 GB of VRAM (what is this?). Unfortunately this laptop only has 512mb of VRAM. Is this super important?

Im about to buy a new macbook as my current one has died. In relation to eve.. would this laptop, from what details are given, be able to run the game to an acceptable standard assuming a good internet connection? 

Yes I know desktop would be better.. and I also know 'Macs are shit' but any information would be lovely.

If any non mac laptops out there for the same price £600 ish are head and shoulders better then im open to suggestions =) 

Hugs and kisses 

#29 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Favorite Ship:Mobile Blaster Unit

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Wiggls,

You'll be fine on that laptop, just might have to turn graphics down a little and upgrade the OS, I think Capitan was a few back on the mac lineup IIRC

Otherwise, Macs are shite. lol. I'm not partial to any particular brand, I've built desktops and bought spare laptops for a while now. From what I've heard windows 10 still has some issues, but you should be fine with anything in the price range you are looking for.

"Remember That You Must Die"
RvB Bannersmall

#30 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

Cheers for the reply! I ended up not getting it in the end. Still looking about for better deals/ laptops. Just checked the apple site and el cap seems to still be the current OS. Just so much choice out there and I don't really know what I should be looking for. Mac just seemed a safe bet as I know something of it. Soon as I branch out of apple my mind is scrambled by how many other brands are out there. What are good? What is shit? Who knows, certainty not me.

#31 CpHarding

CpHarding

Astarte

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Rook
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

Cheers for the reply! I ended up not getting it in the end. Still looking about for better deals/ laptops. Just checked the apple site and el cap seems to still be the current OS. Just so much choice out there and I don't really know what I should be looking for. Mac just seemed a safe bet as I know something of it. Soon as I branch out of apple my mind is scrambled by how many other brands are out there. What are good? What is shit? Who knows, certainty not me.

Mac, you pay for the name, not the hardware. If cost isn't your concern, macs are ok.

As for brands, most of the cheaper end are mostly the same quality, it's only when you start paying more when brands start to differ, I'm a fan on the business range of Lenovo laptops, but you pay more for that line.

Laptops will only give you ~3 years of "current" tech before they need replacing, (battery + performance and Wear and tear) if cost is a primary concern, a cheap desktop will run circles around a laptop, and when screen / keyboard etc breaks/ you want an upgrade, it's a single cost, not replacing everything. Typically I say a desktop is good for about 5 years, but then it might just be more memory, or better gfx card, not a whole new machine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
~Cp

*Quack*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users