Photo

[Podding Event - 28 thru 30 March] "To make an Omelet...

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

fGiVoDz.png

...You gotta break a few eggs"

Ingredients:

2 Alliances

~8000 characters

~300 kills a day (excluding weekends)

~59 hours of Podding being allowed

Yes you read that right. from 0.00 UTC March 28th through to 11.00 UTC March 30th, RvB is relaxing its rules on Podding. You will be able to pod pilots from the other side at will.

Now why are we doing this?

I promised, that is why.  We had a Wild Wild West weekend a good while ago that went okay, and since then, especially following CCPs' changes to clone mechanics, there have been various discussions about relaxing that particular rule of ours.  In a first step towards a potentially permanent rule change, I as a stats junkie want to see hard numbers on how such a relaxation will effect RvB. Hence this particular weekend.

Things to note:

Your implant losses that weekend are your own responsibility.

This is NOT an FFA event. This is a standard RvB weekend with the kid gloves taken off.

Any member found to be podding their own corp mates, accidentally or otherwise, gets a permanent holiday from RvB.

What I want in this thread:

Suggestions on how to message this over the next few weeks so it reaches as many of our present & future members as possible. I am obviously away for some of the intervening weeks, so it is up to more than just me to message this.

If you must give pre-event feedback, leave your emotions at the door. If you do not like the event, then simply go do NPSI all weekend or something, do not spew words into this thread at an alarming rate leading us to worry about your sanity.

What I will do after the event:

I will be comparing the kill stats, pods killed, timezone data and all that numerical goodness to a swathe of regular RvB weekends.

It is possible that I will, regardless of how the first weekend goes, organise another for soon after, so that I have a second set of statistics to compare things with. 

What is my definition of success:

At this time I do not have one.  Simply having more kills, or x number of pod kills, is not success in and of itself. With something like this - a fundamental change to our very existence - the numbers are just the start of the process, not an endpoint. It could be I feel we need to run several more at different times of the year to compare all activity levels, but we'll see how this one goes first.

#2 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWales
  • Favorite Ship:Rapier
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

What, if any, do you think the main statistical changes will be for this weekend, from a completely hypothetical point of view (being the stats man)? 

Personally I would expect to see a pretty large increase in the ISK destroyed for the weekend but with a lower number of active personnel. 

As per your request, I think a good help would be to send a message out to the main FC's of all timezones (Hopefully covering as much as possible) requesting they place in the fleet advert a reminder of the introduction of podding. This will hopefully target all the people who miss the corp mails/forums/general talk. Maybe ask if they could try and remember to give a quick verbal reminder over voice.

#3 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • 11372 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

What, if any, do you think the main statistical changes will be for this weekend, from a completely hypothetical point of view (being the stats man)? 

Personally I would expect to see a pretty large increase in the ISK destroyed for the weekend but with a lower number of active personnel. 

Thats my leaning right now to be truthful. ISK up, kills down, pilots online down. Then again this community never ceases to surprise me.

#4 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

One suggestion... All command members accepting apps for the weekend should convo the applicant. Explain the weekend theme, stress the risk of the theme, and suggest that pilots wait until Monday before joining if they have any qualms.

Also, I don't care what the ruling may be, but can we please state the exact position of people camping the enemy HQ in insta lock, arty thrashers and the like. The more we make it clear, the less drama.

Also, can we please keep all other events (clt, blt, etc) off of that weekend. The last thing I want is some asshat causing drama by camping gate or HQs popping pods that are trying to reship causing drama.

#5 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

Oh and if the command member does not speak the native tongue of the applicant, get someone who does.

Also, the images we post for themes...can we get versions in the major languages as well just so no one can claim language barrier?

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • 11372 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

Also, the images we post for themes...can we get versions in the major languages as well just so no one can claim language barrier?

I like that one.

#7 Ki Itonula

Ki Itonula

Vengeance

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Recruit
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Hawk

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Not a big fan......I think it will cause too much drama..

But if we do move forward might be good to give some instructions on using jump clones.

Posted Image

#8 Mourning Souls

Mourning Souls

Derp

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

:D

#9 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

I think in the general post should be a mention of if JC facility is not changed to a close location, the problem of on going war targets may be an issue for certain people. 

I think adding into the alliance wide mail a short or long explanation of Jump clones is a great idea, making these people aware about re

shipping, war targets and the implications. And as per ladys post different languages is a fantastic simple addition. 

As to the statistics.. I think an interesting thing to study would be if the dynamic of fleet battles is changed. So looking at the re ship rate and/or length of time the fights last. Ofc stats on general RvB to find a baseline would need to be collected, but the outcome could be beneficial. 

#10 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

Everyone has to sensor boost their Prophecy now....

Posted Image

#11 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

Just a reminder... I believe Red Fed has standings to use one station in Khanid Prime for JCs.

As for blues... We may be able to arrange similar.

#12 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Vagabond

• Tournament Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Stealth Bomber
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

*Ahem*

I must make preparations.

#13 Miner's Bane

Miner's Bane

Rupture

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Tristan

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

As per your request, I think a good help would be to send a message out to the main FC's of all timezones (Hopefully covering as much as possible) requesting they place in the fleet advert a reminder of the introduction of podding. This will hopefully target all the people who miss the corp mails/forums/general talk. Maybe ask if they could try and remember to give a quick verbal reminder over voice.

Statistically speaking I expect that fewer interceptors will be getting outrun by cruisers.

#14 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

The roof the roof the roof is on fire
We don't need no water let the mother####er burn
Burn mother###er burn!!!

Fantastic:) This should give people the kick up the arse they been needing! Maybe they will start reading email, motd , corp if it goes wrong for them.

Also wiggles has pointed out numbers may drop but to fair they cant get much worse to be honest ( ie normal fleet day 60 in corp but 15 in fleet).  But you can only piss with the cock you got!!

The only time I see a 20 + fleet vs 20 + fleet on anymore is event days.

#15 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

the tears, they will flow. *fits insta thrashers*

Resident RvB bad

#16 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

*Ahem*

I must make preparations.

Do you need a change of pants?

This reminds me... Do or should we create a corpse incentive? Like I would pay 50 mil isk for the first corpse of myself? Or should this be discouraged?

#17 Wiiggls

Wiiggls

Dominix

• RvB Member
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

BODY COUNT! hehe fantastic idea! =D

#18 Miner's Bane

Miner's Bane

Rupture

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Tristan

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

I am preemptively offering a bounty of 50m for any of my corpses that are returned. Unmolested.

#19 Khador Vess

Khador Vess

Abaddon

• Combat Coordinators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1573 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMerseyside, UK
  • Favorite Ship:Sabre

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

One suggestion... All command members accepting apps for the weekend should convo the applicant. Explain the weekend theme, stress the risk of the theme, and suggest that pilots wait until Monday before joining if they have any qualms.

I'll make sure that happens.

I'm not going to overplay it but yes we will explain what podding means / what NORMALLY happens in RvB and that this is an exception... we dont want any 'accidents' after the fact.

Posted Image

#20 Xantcha

Xantcha

Astarte

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Favorite Ship:Comet

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

The one question I did have when it comes to that stats part is how are you going to count the kills? I mean in an event like this every ship lost has the potential to give two kill mails so it would be interesting if you could track both. That way it's not just numbers padding by people letting you pod them to get back to station and reship faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users