• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

fGiVoDz.png

It's been a while since weekend theme's were a thing - mostly with the festive season and important people in this project taking vacation time - but they are being brought back. The first one will be Frigatus.

Frigatus is a Frigate Hull theme, with an FFA component. Fleet & solo aspects come in to play.

Weekend Theme Rules

- Only Frigate Hulls are allowed. No Destroyers, Cruisers, BCs or BS hulls.
Frigate hulls mean t1, t2, pirate, and faction frigs.
Unless an event is taking part at the same, then the rule is suspended for a short while.

- It is FFA in The Forge!

- FFA stands for FREE FOR ALL. All members are targets for everyone else. That means Blues can shoot Blues and Reds can shoot Reds. You cannot shoot members of the opposing corp if they are in your fleet. FIX YOUR OVERVIEWS!

- Pilots flying in The Forge, be they SOLO or In FLEET are covered by this theme. Flying Solo does not make you exempt. 

- Fleets have to be Purple, i.e. open to both corporations (To do this, the person who is holding open the advert must set the opposing corporation to good personal standing, and then select “based on standing – min standing = good”).

- Fleets can only contain a maximum of 10 pilots at any given time. To do this, the person who is holding open the advert must select “Application Requires Approval” in their fleet advert to control the number of pilots joining their fleet.

- Do not “Hide Details” on your advert. We want to see how many people are in the opposing fleets, to prevent accidental (or intentional) infractions. We know you’ll be in one of the four or five systems, flying frigates, with 10 or fewer people in your fleet. Hiding details on your advert doesn’t really prevent anyone from gathering intel on your fleet. It just makes it look like you are up to something nefarious.

- All other RvB Rules apply.

- All recorded FC sessions on this weekend will receive a bonus of 500LP as long as Frigatus is in the title and your fleet scored kills.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it was mentioned earlier, this will be a FREE FOR ALL weekend, meaning members of your own corp, as well as the opposing corp will shoot you on sight. Unless you are fleeted with a pilot(s), they are fair game to you, and vice versa.

This weekend theme is a great opportunity for those of you testing out your Frigate solo skills, because everyone will be Frigates, and you’ll have to face, at most, only 10 other pilots. It is also a great weekend for newer players to step up and FC, and all you bitter vets to actually run a fleet again! You only have to manage a fleet of 10, and you’ll only be facing frigates with similar numbers.

Yes I tweaked it to include any Frigate. Mostly because I can.

#2 Jiny

Jiny

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationCA
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

Yes yes yes! Also, 10 means 10, not 10 + a wing commander! We're watching you...

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

#3 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

Just to be clear and because it caused issues in the past...

Frigate hulls mean t1, t2, pirate, and faction frigs.

Also, for CLT events during the theme, the theme is suspended so the event can occur as scheduled.

Mang edit or delete as needed.

#4 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • 1534 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

YES! my fav event

Resident RvB bad

#5 Lysdahl

Lysdahl

Inquisitor

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:spaceships
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

yay \o/

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • 11372 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Could a kind soul or two, send a reminder around about this? I am still at le office and evegate will break my links/formatting.

#7 Telemachus Rheade

Telemachus Rheade

Revelation

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2640 posts
Petty Officer 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Imperial Navy Slicer

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:56 AM

Should clarify that Frig hulls only means that no links are allowed in your fleets either, even if your fleet only has 10 people.

Posted Image

#8 Telemachus Rheade

Telemachus Rheade

Revelation

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2640 posts
Petty Officer 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Imperial Navy Slicer

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

I played for a couple of hours. my feedback would be don't do all Frigs again. It is quite trouncing on people who can't fly T2, pirate or faction ships. Keep it all T1 Frigates, no pirate, no faction, no T2.

Speaking from personal experience, I flew a Slicer (surprise!) solo and had a VERY easy time flying around and shooting things in T1, faction, and pirate frigates. The only things that I had trouble with were T2 frigates because of the resists. I disengaged very easily from those. If it was a regular Frigatus, I'd probably fly a Condor, and would have a MUCH harder time actually killing anything with my play style because of the anemic dps. The only valid targets for my condor would be Atrons, Executioners, Slashers, other Condors, maybe Tristans, and other Ewar frigs. Most of the tankier frigates would easily tank the damage from a Condor.

While I understand that it is rarely fair in Eve, in terms of new players versus old, skilled/veteran pilots versus new, at least by keeping Frigatus as only T1 forced even those veteran pilots to fit and fly within the limits of T1 frigates. T1 Frigates have an upper limit for performance that are quite similar to each other. So, again speaking from personal experience, a Frigatus fleet of 10 T1 frigates would have a much easier time engaging or disengaging from a Condor than a mismatched Frigatus fleet of T1 T2 Pirate and Faction frigates would have against a Slicer. The Slicer would just fly around, kill some T1 frigates, maybe another faction frigate, and then run away.

I am not sure how the other pilots who flew T2, Faction, or Pirate frigates felt/feel this weekend. This is early feedback mind you, because I won't have much time to play much for the rest of the weekend. I had fun, but not sure how the T1 Frigate pilots felt. Let the event run its course, but hopefully adjust/balance in the future.

Posted Image

#9 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • 11372 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Thanks Tele for the feedback.

Live from blighty

#10 Rando Ary

Rando Ary

Rifter

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Recruit

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

Frigatus was the best weekend event when it was T1 frigs only.

#11 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

Yip t1 hulls would be better than mix. But as it stands just now because you can it doesn't mean you have too. On an event like this you can easily see who is in corp to have fair fight etc and who are here just to show off.

see ya on the dance floor
Nitro o/

#12 Jasper Sinclair

Jasper Sinclair

Astarte

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA
  • Favorite Ship:USS Constitution

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

FCed a kitchen sink of mainly T1 last night (roughly 0000-0200) and had a blast. Yes, some were out in T2/pirate but at least no one had formed an all Garmur/Worm/whatever OP frig fleet. It would be hard to police, but if we really want to limit it to T1 frigs we could allow soloers T2/faction/pirate. Shiny stuff makes for good kills.

#13 Daros Lavos

Daros Lavos

Velator

• RvB Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

Last night was my first RvB fleet (i was in stealyourwallets fleet), i had an absolute blast, even when i was popped :-D

#14 Esteban Taiyo

Esteban Taiyo

Shuttle

• RvB Member
  • 2 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Thorax
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

For a new player like me, even it's a frigate event, it's not an equal match.

If this was a t1 limited event, maybe i have chance.

It's difficult for a new player to make isk, and when you have maked some, seeing it blowed away in less then a minute because shortage of skills is hard.

Life is a trip that shows us the way to heaven.

#15 Miner's Bane

Miner's Bane

Rupture

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Tristan
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:08 AM

I played for a couple of hours. my feedback would be don't do all Frigs again. It is quite trouncing on people who can't fly T2, pirate or faction ships. Keep it all T1 Frigates, no pirate, no faction, no T2.

Speaking from personal experience, I flew a Slicer (surprise!) solo and had a VERY easy time flying around and shooting things in T1, faction, and pirate frigates. The only things that I had trouble with were T2 frigates because of the resists. I disengaged very easily from those. If it was a regular Frigatus, I'd probably fly a Condor, and would have a MUCH harder time actually killing anything with my play style because of the anemic dps. The only valid targets for my condor would be Atrons, Executioners, Slashers, other Condors, maybe Tristans, and other Ewar frigs. Most of the tankier frigates would easily tank the damage from a Condor.

While I understand that it is rarely fair in Eve, in terms of new players versus old, skilled/veteran pilots versus new, at least by keeping Frigatus as only T1 forced even those veteran pilots to fit and fly within the limits of T1 frigates. T1 Frigates have an upper limit for performance that are quite similar to each other. So, again speaking from personal experience, a Frigatus fleet of 10 T1 frigates would have a much easier time engaging or disengaging from a Condor than a mismatched Frigatus fleet of T1 T2 Pirate and Faction frigates would have against a Slicer. The Slicer would just fly around, kill some T1 frigates, maybe another faction frigate, and then run away.

I am not sure how the other pilots who flew T2, Faction, or Pirate frigates felt/feel this weekend. This is early feedback mind you, because I won't have much time to play much for the rest of the weekend. I had fun, but not sure how the T1 Frigate pilots felt. Let the event run its course, but hopefully adjust/balance in the future.

I like faction/t2 frigates for frigatus because many of their pilots are less experienced in smaller ships and I can rack up juicy killmails. However, they're probably not a great thing to have because all the navy hulls are straight upgrades over their respective t1 equivalents, and pirate frigates are even more of a problem.

I'm actually less worried about t2 hulls, because I think that they have very specific roles, and those roles do not flat-out obsolete t1 frigates. I would argue for t1 & t2 hulls only, no pirate/faction frigates.

#16 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • 1534 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

The fleet i joined friday night was a t1 only affaire and we had a blast with logi frigs and fightimg both the other t1 fleets and cosmo's and others shiny stuff. Yea we usually lose a few cheap frigs chasimg the shinies but always win the isk war.
Sat i decided i wanted to fly shiny so i joined the cosmo fleet expecting to be doing hit and runs.... well we did for awhile but soon we grew to a full fleet a shiny stuff (two drams, a few AFs) and it was bit op. But not broken. I spent most of the time running for my life in the dram, so it seems to me it pretty well balanced... i think people are just deflecting the usual 'im gettimg blobed' complaint from these ffa events to t2 and faction hulls.
Resident RvB bad

#17 Viktor Rachtbuger

Viktor Rachtbuger

Omen

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Coercer
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

i only played for a few hours, at first i thought the t2 /pirate hulls were going to upset the mix but over all i think it worked just fine.

althgouh one time when i logged in to fit some cruisers in a spare 10 mins i saw two fcs agree to fly t1 frigs as one fleet could not t2. so worked well i think

#18 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • 11372 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

Threw a little mini event into the mix just now.  I gave up 2 apocs to a horde of t1 frigates that also had to kill each other too - fleets or otherwise - seriously great fun.

GLORIOUS PEOPLES CEO OF THE ELMO REPUBLIC HAS GONE ROGUE 

WE REQUIRE HIS KILLMAIL BEFORE 18.00 TO ENABLE PAYMENT OF BOUNTY AFTER THE KILLBOARDS RECORD THIS EVENT.

250M FOR THE TECH 1 FRIGATE - NO FACTION, NO T2 - WITH THE FINAL BLOW ON THE ROGUE RvB COMMAND APOCALYPSE CLASS BS.  

250M FOR THE TECH 1 - NO FACTION, NO T2 - FRIGATE WITH THE HIGHEST DAMAGE ON THE ROGUE RvB COMMAND APOCALYPSE CLASS BS.

AND A BONUS FOR THE FOLLOWING (IF ACHIEVED USING A T1 FRIGATE)

250M FOR THE ELMO TO GET ON THE MOST FRIGATE KMS IN THE SAME BATTLE AS WE ENFORCE RvB JUSTICE ON THE APOC

250M FOR THE SMURF TO GET ON THE MOST FRIGATE KMS IN THE SAME BATTLE AS WE ENFORCE RvB JUSTICE ON THE APOC

RvB COMMAND
POLICING OUR OWN SINCE, TODAY.

So Elmo's and Smurfs.

You all united to kill my battleship, as I was apparently breaking the rules of the weekend theme. How dare you think you can impose justice on one such as me. I am a VERY IMPORTANT SPACE CELEBRITY. Capsuleers such as I are above your puny laws, especially when I wrote them.

Find me again. Same rules as last time. tech 1, none faction or tech 2 frigates, and this time we'll see who laughs last.

I DARE YOU. I DOUBLE DARE YOU.

A good few kills happened thanks to my hubris.  Lots of good chat around this, was great sitting on comms listening to folks having a blast.

#19 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • 11372 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

I'm currently looking into the numbers to get a feel for how the event went from a purely statistical point of view, and I am happy with the decision I made to include everything.  We're sitting at around 1200 frigates of all types exploded this past weekend, for around 17b in damage done.  Numbers wise thats actually a respectable figure for a Frigatus weekend, running around the centreline of the trend for all the previous weekends I could find dates for.  ISK wise, the faction explosions have ramped that up of course.

To be honest that 1200 is very respectable given that in some ways activity has been down lately.  So yeah numbers say I was right to include all frigate hulls.

In regards to fleets logging, its been one of our busiest weekends in terms of fleet numbers recorded, big question is can those people keep that up once the weekends over?

With this variation of Frigatus nearly over, now its up to more of you guys to provide feedback - try to keep it free of "grr sucks" and other such emotions. I do not mind anecdotal evidence as thats always good feedback, I do mind too much personal stuff thrown in to it because you are butthurt over pixels.

#20 Scyleth

Scyleth

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPerth, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Moa

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

People need to remember to update standings and keep the fleet open for all to see. In the short period I was able to fc this weekend I was under the impression my fleet was the only fleet.  I was in fact one of three. Of the two not in fleet finder one was a dude multiboxing frigates and the other was not open to the other side due to standings.

If you see this happening please convo the fc or shout in corp/community/fleet. Most of the time it is an honest mistake, one that can be easily corrected by any person in RvB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users