Astarte

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Rifter
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

While the majority of RvB probably has very little knowledge or care, a pretty big change took place in RvB last week with our changing of the CEO guard. Del Delvechio stepped down from his position as the head of RvB after keeping our organization afloat for a long, long time.

Personally, I wouldn't be on this forum had I not joined Red Federation 5 years ago and joined fleet with a drake flying, merlin loving mob boss. During my time in RvB thousands of pilots have come and gone, some stay for a day, some for a year. One of the few constants was Del Delvechio.

Most of you probably imagine being internet spaceship CEO/Alliance Head is a cupcake job. How could it not be? You can kick whoever you want, you have access to all of the money, you're the space king! Those of you who have actually held any position with responsibility in RvB and likely elsewhere know that to be false. 

When you're the CEO of an organization with thousands of noobs you log in with hundreds of e-mails everyday. Your play-time is constantly interrupted by randoms with questions that don't understand lower level leadership can answer your question about getting on comms or that you really don't care if they don't have any isk left. Fortunately for RvB, Del was always willing to help the noobs. If he heard you were in need of a frigate you'd often find a stack of them in your inventory shortly thereafter. Del's signature move was bombarding you with free ships, even if you said no 10 times they'd still find their way into your inventory.

For a significant portion of RvB's existence the primary source of RvB income came from Del's personal wallet. With rare exception if you flew in an RvB event where you received a free ship whether it be a hurricane or a rifter, Del was probably responsible for paying for it.

More valuable than the isk Del put into RvB was his time. During Del's reign many of us have been burned out with EVE several times. I don't know how much time I have invested into RvB and too be honest I don't want to! But I know that Del Delvechio easily put in 10 times that amount, oftentimes to his chagrin.

A lot of you that have been in RvB may rejoice that Del is finally stepping down to pursue other ventures. He was a fleet flying noob after all! He didn't go out of his way to make it easy for solo pilots to kill noobs. He didn't let me pod people I didn't like. He killed me when I brought my tornado to snipe frigates in an arranged fight. He setup boring arranged fights! He told me when I was dick. He was mean to me once! I couldn't use my neutral characters to win fights. He didn't change RvB to exactly how I wanted it. I couldn't use my neutral characters to win fights. Yet, most of you are still here.

I am not concerned with RvB's future. Del has left it in the capable hands of internet spaceship celebrities, former CEOs, and level-headed Texans. But next time you log off thinking you had a damn good time in RvB, a small part of that will still be thanks to the time and work Del Delvechio has put in over the years without asking for anything in return.

That said, thanks for doing all the dirty work Del. If it wasn't for your work in all of the facets of RvB I can assure you there'd be at least 10 fewer eve accounts AFK right now.

When you log on today take the time to shoot Del Delvechio one last mail thanking him for his years of making a special little place in the EVE universe because I think somewhere deep down when he is sitting around counting his isk and making bowheads he's going to miss reading your mails about who podded who or why you can't kill a velator with your 3 laser merlins.

timpestv5.png

A-hole - Likely AFK - Future Alcoholic

#2 Dracoth Simertet

Dracoth Simertet

Chimera

• RvB Fallen Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:Rifter

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Top bloke nobody has done as much for RvB as Del. Sorry to see you step down and wish you well in whatever you have planned next.

o7

Drac

You're going to look pretty silly with that knife sticking out of your ass.
Dracoth Simertet - High Plains Rifter

Posted Image

#3 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

This man speaks for all of us.  Eloquently put Timmeh!

#4 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

Thank you very much del for keeping this place going!! Hope your new adventure brings you fun and games!!

All the best Nitro

#5 Jiny

Jiny

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationCA
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

Well said indeed! RvB, from the newest member to our esteemed overlords owes a great debt to Del Delvechio for his long and diligent service to this fantastic community.

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

PS, all of you +rep Timmeh!

#7 Maximus Powerz

Maximus Powerz

Vagabond

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Favorite Ship:Deimos
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

Del has been the face of RvB for my entire time here, starting almost 3 years ago in March of 2012. I glanced back at some of my first kills and losses, and there are a few familiar names (Matthias Duran, PVDNS), but there are just as many names that have faded away (Slave Maker, Kikkio, not to mention those that were less well known). Several wars with E-Uni have passed (where is that POS killmail), a fun war with BNI was had, we created a POCO empire, were fairly successful in the AT, and have consistently strived for a single goal in EVE: Have Fun!

Behind the scenes, Del has always been there, handing out ships, helping noobs along, supporting crazy ideas that some members had, funding many months of BLT out of his own pocket. He has also been instrumental in setting up a WH that several of us used for a time, as well as getting our 0.0 system up and running. Thru team leader, director, and CEO changes, the one constant has been Del.

Del, I have no idea what plans you have, or if you're even leaving or just officially handing over complete control to others, but I want to say from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

#8 Xan Drakov

Xan Drakov

Chimera

• RvB Member
  • 3335 posts
Petty Officer 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Coercer

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Sorry, Del stepped down?!!!

That is sad news indeed, he's been a stalwart or RvB for about as long as anyone. I still remember first joining RvB back in Verge Vendor and Del always seemed to always have a death fleet of pesky reds rolling around. With all due respect to the guys who pour endless hours into running RvB, there can be no doubt that Del made RvB what it is today.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours sir. Don't be a stranger.

o7

#9 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • 1534 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

i noticed the change in the original thread and thought "good for him"

Del has been the pillar on which this community has not only survived but thrived since ive been here. He is sort of like batman, silently working behind the scenes to make sure everything runs smoothly and expecting nothing in return for his troubles AND hes super rich, like batman. In fact as has been pointed out, until the whole poco thing deld (and other generous donors) pretty much funded RvB out of his own pocket.

If i had to point to any single person and say "he is the reason RvB is alive today" it would be Del DelVechio. Del has been the captain of this boat for a long time and steered us clear of many shoals and helped us weather many storms and for that those who call this place home owe him our gratitude.

Given his long years of service its about time he took a break and let someone else take the helm while he sits back and enjoys the fruits of his labor.

I hope to see del online pewpewing and shooting the shit on comms for many more years to come.

Resident RvB bad

#10 Professor Clio

Professor Clio

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6904 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationCanada
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hear hear! The time and effort that Del has put in over the years would have driven a lesser man mad. 

Posted Image

#11 Telemachus Rheade

Telemachus Rheade

Revelation

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2640 posts
Petty Officer 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Imperial Navy Slicer

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

I remember talking to Del last year and he said he just wanted to give RvB away after all these years so he could just go back to shooting things and having fun in game. I'm glad you finally did it Del.

For anyone who is unaware, under Del's leadership, RvB has created a POCO empire, dunked the Euni POS, fought BNI, created reimbursement events like BLT and the BC/cruiser royales, and created isk making opportunities for our pilots with A3. A lot of that, including BLT, started off being funded from Del's wallet. There is a thread in the directors forums called "The Central Bank" and that was Del. Thanks for dealing with all of us scrubs and funding our crazy addiction for the past several years Del. Also, thank you for moving RvB in the right direction, when some of us, including myself, balked at certain ideas that have definitely added to the evolution of RvB. Your consistent dedication over the past few years to maintaining and growing RvB is greatly appreciated.

Please undock more now so I can shoot your Merlins, Drakes, and Ravens with my new toy :). Thank you for everything dude!
Posted Image

#12 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

Papa Del rocks, plain and simple. Thanks for all that has been said here and more.

#13 Delling Kessel

Delling Kessel

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Recruit
  • LocationFlorida
  • Favorite Ship:Zealot
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

Del is incredibly awesome. He consistently went above and beyond for this group, and that is what has made us what we are. Cheers Del have fun finally getting to use all those merlins you have sitting in hangar.

P.S. Thanks for feeding my harbinger addiction for these past two years I've been in. 

#14 Khador Vess

Khador Vess

Abaddon

• Combat Coordinators
  • 1573 posts
  • LocationMerseyside, UK
  • Favorite Ship:Sabre

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

PS, all of you +rep Timmeh!

I thought Karma whoring was a bannable offence....

Also - Del Rocks...

Posted Image

#15 Green Gambit

Green Gambit

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Recruit
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:Stiletto

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

As somebody who remembers RvB back in the old days. At first, I was a little disappointed that one guy was taking over both Red and Blue. How could somebody keep RvB running like it was, and run both corps fairly?

With hindsight, it's the best thing that ever happened, and exactly what RvB needed. RvB became a single organisation, and grew from this little rag-tag pair of corps that were in a constant state of near-collapse, into what it is today... We're a single organisation - yeah there's still two corps, but two corps that function as part of a single whole, and do what's best for RvB and not what's best for Blue or Red.

With this stability, RvB has grown, arguably to become the 4th biggest organisation in the game. With that RvB is now well-known, and largely well-respected throughout the game.

I can't imagine the effort it's taken over the years, but if there is room for heroes in this cruel harsh universe, then Del can be counted as one of them.

Posted Image

#16 Zen Tsai

Zen Tsai

Rupture

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLiekuri
  • Favorite Ship:Imperial Navy Slicer (Still the one.)
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:50 AM

Thanks for everything Del

Current Title: WORST FC 2014
-Yng

#17 Peter Sibiro

Peter Sibiro

Raven

• Executive Coordinator
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationSiberia :)

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

Thanks for all the fish Del!

I always had this warm fuzzy feeling inside when I saw your Merlin on fleet form-up. Hope you'll have more time for pew-pew now and we'll see your Merlin more often.
John Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?
Stanley Goodspeed: I'll do my best.
John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and bang the prom queen.
("The Rock" movie)

#18 Peter Sibiro

Peter Sibiro

Raven

• Executive Coordinator
  • 1198 posts

(browser derp, duplicate post, please remove)
John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and bang the prom queen.
("The Rock" movie)

#19 Peter Sibiro

Peter Sibiro

Raven

• Executive Coordinator
  • 1198 posts

(browser derp, duplicate post, please remove)
("The Rock" movie)

#20 Zemo Walden

Zemo Walden

Rupture

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Breacher

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

Only been in fleet with Del a few times on purple ops, always been a cool guy :) done a lot for RvB and gave away some amazing prizes too at events. Will be missed!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users