Photo

Looking for someone to rip appart my ships (and explain !)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Volantis Taranogas

Volantis Taranogas

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Hookbill
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hello,

I'm a new-ish player in RvB (spend a month in few month ago, and just came back in few days ago), and i'm looking for someone to help me understand my mistakes at first in 1v1, cause i can't seem to win any 1v1 (well I'm lying, I might be winning 1 out of 10).

First let me tell you a bit more about my kind of play. I like to either brawl at 0 (Merlin, Incursus, Atron, Comet, Harpy, Enyo) or kite on edge of scram (Rocket fit > Hookbill, Kestrel, Hawk, Breacher..). I really sux at kitting long range (Condor, Slicer and such) and don't really like it (few days ago i managed to get caught with a 7.2km/s ares by a 3.5km/s atron, I don't even know how ><).

Okay, now that's this is out, what am I already doing :

- Getting out there and losing ship (a lot, and liking it so far).

- Studying the KM to understand why I got killed (or sometimes how I killed someone !).

- Trying to chose my fight, I'm starting to understand what not to engage with the ship i'm flying and what to engage.

Things i could need help with :

- Ammo selection : Most of the time i use CNA or Null with blaster as void S have a tracking malus, and it's hard to hit frigate with, I however use void against bigger ship (dessie/cruiser/ect...). I think my choice is kinda fine on those ammo, my problem is more with rocket, i have the tendancy to use mostly Scourge Rage against t1/faction and Nova Rage against T2, but I think i should be using CN Rocket, not sure tho.

- Fight 1v1, with someone telling me after each fight what I did wrong, what should I've done. 

- Some review on my fitting (ab/mwd, scram, web and double shield booster ? or double web + 1 shield booster (for hawk or hookbill for exemple)

So here it is, if someone is willing to spend some times reviewing this with me i'll be thanksfull. In the meantime I'll be out exploding ship.

You can check my KB here and maybe we can just discuss some of my lose : http://blue.rvbeve.c...il&plt_id=76101

Also, my skills allow me to fit most t2 mid/low slot (exception for things needing hull 5), and blaster/rail/missile/rocket/light drone t2. I can fly Gallente and Caldari AF/Inty. In case you have an idea of a ship i should focus on that could help me, maybe some cheap effective fit as i have a tendency to build my frig for more than 10m ><.

I have no real isk problem as i did a lot of explo in low/null, and still have my second account doing trading. And even while sitting on few Bs, loosing 10m frigate without understanding how i could win is annoying. Last thing, I have trouble staying on the same frig/fit and loose it again and again, so I switch frig/fit beetwin each lose (this is probably an error).

Thanks in advance, you can answer here, or convo me in game.

Ps : I apologize for the error in that post as english isn't my native language

#2 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

What time zone?

First, your fits are ok. But I see two glaring problems.

Your target selection is bad. You are picking fights with ships/people that are good at killing what you are in.

Second, you are all over the board! Pick a ship, Atron lets say, and you stay in it until you have lost 50 of them. By then you understand the ships envelope and know what fights to take and which to run away from

I like the Atron as a training ship because it can be effective either at 0 or out at the edge of scram range and it requires you under stand how to fly it to do well with cause you have very little tank.

If you are on in the US TZ in the evening I can work with you.

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#3 Volantis Taranogas

Volantis Taranogas

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Recruit

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

I'm in China, so my TZ is a bit weird. I'm on at different times of the day mostly between 10am and 00-02am for EU. I'm gonna try to select a ship and stay with it for 50 loss !

#4 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • 5606 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

Find my Atron losses on the KB, the fit I run with Neutrons works well and does a lot of damage. It can be flown at either the edge of scram range with Null or up close and personal with CNAM.

Delucian.png

#5 Rejuice K

Rejuice K

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Recruit
  • LocationOdense Denmark
  • Favorite Ship:Something with duct tape and rust!
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hey Volantis!

A few things to mention

looking at your solo killboard: http://purple.rvbeve...35&view=solopov

You do have like 20% win effeciency and not 10%!! That aside delucian have a very good point in that you pick the wrong targets/pilots and you are ALL OVER THE DAMN BOARD!

There is an old (I even dare to say chineese saying) that says: Practice makes perfect, in other words specialization in one kind of ship/type of play style, before you move to the next!

Your Solo killboard also have a perfect examble of why bigger ships are not equal winning to smaller ships (you lost a BC to a destroyer) - dont get me wrong, we have all been where you are at now.

What Delucian is saying is, fit 10-20-30 or more frigs of the same fitting (and do it CHEAP, dont have to be T2 mods, its all about practicing and getting to know THAT ships limits) and then go loose em, either by asking people for 1v1 (and then talk about the fight afterwards and see what you can have done different) or just fly out there solo or in fleet and see what you can do.

Once you get to know the ships limit and what other ships limits are, you start to have an idea on what you can engage and kill and if its time to push the ships limits with T2 mods.

One of the most important skills to have in eve is to know about your enemy and being able to predict their fits (either by experience or by looking at their ship ingame to see what sort of weapons is on em)  - When you get to the point where you are good at this, id say you can confidently move to either bigger ships or another ship type / play style.

Kiting in fast frigs is imo one of the hardest part to be VERY GOOD at, but also some of the easiest to fail with :)

#6 Volantis Taranogas

Volantis Taranogas

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Recruit

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Aaaaan i'm in fleet with a drake xD.

But next i'm building 30 atrons. I promise :(

#7 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • 5606 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

I can tell you that I burned through a lot of AF's before I figured out that I needed to learn in T1 frigs. Speed and distance are your friend. Staying at the edge of scram range will give you the ability to either dive in for a kill or bail if things are going horribly wrong.

I would say that 90% of my fits are set up for the edge of scram range. Typically, a ship fit this way has enough tank to sling shot a true kiter (snaked kiters not with standing) to kill it or get out, and the ability to either kill or leave a fight with a brawler. Best of both worlds in my mind.

You get more solo fights this way too. If people know you are a kiter they will just leave.

Delucian.png

#8 Volantis Taranogas

Volantis Taranogas

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Recruit

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

Quick question,

How do you sling shot a kitey snaked frigate with 1400m/s ?

#9 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • 5606 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

With a lot of over heating and perfect timing.

Delucian.png

#10 Jiny

Jiny

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationCA
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

Quick question,

How do you sling shot a kitey snaked frigate with 1400m/s ?

As Del said, overheating your web & scram, burning in such a way that they start to chase you, then reversing on them with overheated ab, hopefully they swing into range before they can react. Manual piloting is key, especially if your opponent is not! Takes a lot of practice...

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

#11 Volantis Taranogas

Volantis Taranogas

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Recruit

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

Here we go !

1417548391-capture-d-ecran-2014-12-03-a-

#12 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • 5606 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

Attaboy!

(best to load the guns and the SAAR: )

Delucian.png

#13 Volantis Taranogas

Volantis Taranogas

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Recruit

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

Yeah everything is in cargo, easier to fit this way ^^

#14 Maximus Powerz

Maximus Powerz

Vagabond

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Favorite Ship:Deimos
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Attaboy!

(best to load the guns and the SAAR: )

Funny story about that, with a similar fit. So I'm flying around solo in one of these bad boys in a quiet TZ, and a couple good engagements. First, I let an Incursus slip away, then tore a Rifter to shreds. When I saw another Rifter, I knew it would be no problem, so I engaged. I knew my AAR was reloading, but thought it would finish about the time I lost my shields (this was in the days before the reload timers). Nope! My AAR reloaded just as popped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users