• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Recruit
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hello 

I am Angel, an old char from 2003

I never did truly PVP and I learn only the basics. Now I would learn well. 

Someone with experience is available to teach me, please?

Thanks to all in advance

Angel

#2 Lasse R Farnsworth

Lasse R Farnsworth

Raven

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:The shiny one

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:59 AM

Just jump in fleets with the ships from our contracts first .. loose some ships first and then just ask in our channels .. for solo etc we have great guys .. but if you have no experience just get i9nto the mood of loosing ships ;)

Posted Image

#3 hormone1971

hormone1971

Team Leader

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Golem/Vargur

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

Best thing to do is some 1 v 1. Ask the person who killed you how to improve. It helped me become the mediocre pilot I am today.😊

#4 angelface

angelface

Inquisitor

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:58 AM

Thanks but I do not need generic answers like 

Just jump in fleets with the ships from our contracts first ..     OR     Best thing to do is some 1 v 1. 

I know that. But I am tired to loose ships on ships or to be ambushed by ganks who choose their target.

It is just not funny.   And a funny game should be the goal of RvB players.

But probably here in eve the 90% are masturbating sexists anglosaxon young boys who search only to ambush paying players......

I search a mentor. If I will not find I will stop to play eve and to pay my 2 subscriptions of 500 usd dollars year to CCP. Because I am tired to loose only ships on ships.

Anyone kindly available to train me in PVP 1 to 1?

Thanks in advance for the availability

#5 Kierowca Tankowca

Kierowca Tankowca

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Avatar

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

What do you have to offer to your mentor? With your attitude, I doubt you will find one willing to. The best answers have alredy been given to you from those with experience above.

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

Or hey since you registered here and mentioned RvB (the v is lowercase), I assume you are an RvB member.

Why not make use of this program: http://rvbeve.com/fo...program-nap-20/not promising miracles, but its a start.

#7 angelface

angelface

Inquisitor

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

Or hey since you registered here and mentioned RvB (the v is lowercase), I assume you are an RvB member.

Why not make use of this program: http://rvbeve.com/fo...program-nap-20/not promising miracles, but its a start.

Hi Mangala and thanks for the answer

In fact I was a member of RvB and I must say that it was one of the few funny time in EVE Online. Otherwise I must say the overall I paid years of subscriptions for nothing.

Actually I was doing FW because never done before and this showed me that I need a mentor for PvP.

I know the basics already and I need someone really good and patient.

In fact I am finding no one.

Only generic answers good for  CCP advertisements  (like choose your fight) or cooking philosophy advices (like you have not the good attitude)

You could have seen some example in the answers before.

I will try, thanks for the advices

#8 Kierowca Tankowca

Kierowca Tankowca

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

Angel, check out RvB killboards and you can find the top pvpers information there.

Send them a mail and ask them nicely if you are really keen.

Whining on a forum thread, calling names to those that ganked you previously(welcome to eve?) and threatening to unsub to ccp on a RvB forum does not help.

Everyone gets ganked in Eve one way or another. Even the dude in npc corp that is mining or hauling in highsec gets ganked. Just learn to deal with it.

#9 Lasse R Farnsworth

Lasse R Farnsworth

Raven

• RvB Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:33 AM

;) And to be honest my advice was actually valid: best way to learn is in loosing stuff .. so

Kierowca Tankowca teached me when I was a noob ;)
Posted Image

#10 Kierowca Tankowca

Kierowca Tankowca

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

Me and farnsworth became friends when I killed his mining ship in lowsec.. :)

I would still give the same advise to pvper wannabes . Rules #1 : Be prepare to lose alot of ships, fighting outnumbered+outshipped and getting ganked constantly.

#11 angelface

angelface

Inquisitor

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

Angel, check out RvB killboards and you can find the top pvpers information there.

Send them a mail and ask them nicely if you are really keen.

Whining on a forum thread, calling names to those that ganked you previously(welcome to eve?) and threatening to unsub to ccp on a RvB forum does not help.

Everyone gets ganked in Eve one way or another. Even the dude in npc corp that is mining or hauling in highsec gets ganked. Just learn to deal with it

Not threatening anyone of course and not for sure a big corp as CCP

I am just emotionally explaining how I feel and I logically describe what I will do.

Perhaps this is not nice for the Christmas sellings of CCP or the various CCP paid trolls around the various EVE forums and sites in internet

But believe me, I am not paid from WoW or Star Citizen. 

I am just asking help with my main char who does not hides behind any ALT

#12 Lasse R Farnsworth

Lasse R Farnsworth

Raven

• RvB Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Yeah and the only offer I can make is grab some cheap ships from our contracts and come at me bro ;)

Posted Image

#13 Kierowca Tankowca

Kierowca Tankowca

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:21 AM

I have a mentor and its called rule #1 in my previous post. And im not trolling.. my mentor is still teaching me constantly.

#14 Lasse R Farnsworth

Lasse R Farnsworth

Raven

• RvB Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

I have a mentor and its called rule #1 in my previous post. And im not trolling.. my mentor is still teaching me constantly.

;) We need to fly together again

Posted Image

#15 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

Angelface, rather than asking for a general mentor, specify exactly what troubles you have. Get folks more eager to offer advice help if they are aware of what you are bad at and so on.

This way it stops the generic non-answers you are getting so far. And will identify if your issues are in need of more 1 on 1 advice or are simply a confidence issue. (Its my experience most issues are usually confidence and knowledge based, one tends to solve the other).

#16 angelface

angelface

Inquisitor

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Recruit

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

You are right Mangala Solaris

I know the basics of the game and I am doing solo but I have a huge loss ratio who does not allow me to play in fact, since I have to reship and refit continuously.

I know how to fit a ship, but I do not know how to pilot it.

I am quite bad in optimizing overview settings and in general in tricks in special areas like plexes. 

So very often I understand why I was killed but I do not find a solution to avoid it again. This is frustrating.

Also one of my clone cost 50 mils, which in fact put the method try and try again out of any discussion.

I search a PVP mentor to:

-identify 2 or 3 ships which can be funny to fly according to my character and skills

-learn how to pilot these ships well

-learn how to minimize the risk to be killed

-learn which places to avoid

-learn which ships to avoid

-learn how to resupply fast: now I spend 90% of my connection time resupplying and refitting (the other 9% is spent to be killed)

I can connect generally between 7 am and 11 am UTC 

I can speak English, French, Italian and Spanish

I do not use TS or Ventrilo

Please do not post here generic comments since not helpful

#17 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

I know the basics of the game and I am doing solo but I have a huge loss ratio who does not allow me to play in fact, since I have to reship and refit continuously.
I am quite bad in optimizing overview settings and in general in tricks in special areas like plexes.
So very often I understand why I was killed but I do not find a solution to avoid it again. This is frustrating.
Also one of my clone cost 50 mils, which in fact put the method try and try again out of any discussion.

-identify 2 or 3 ships which can be funny to fly according to my character and skills (depends on you style of play, see below)
-learn how to pilot these ships well (do fights to low armor with NoobFleet members)
-learn how to minimize the risk to be killed (fly faster, bigger tank, more dps)
-learn which places to avoid (No where in my mind)
-learn which ships to avoid (again, depends on what you are flying)
-learn how to resupply fast: now I spend 90% of my connection time resupplying and refitting (the other 9% is spent to be killed) (bring in fitting and ships to our primary combat systems and prefit them)

I do not use TS or Ventrilo (we use Mumble or Eve Voice)

If I may, and the guys here can tell you I have trained plenty of new pilots through NoobFleet, let me answer a few of your questions/comments.

First, finding a mentor means a willingness to learn and to be flexible about the input you are receiving. Your post come across as frustrated which may be a bit of a language issue more than anything.

You are getting generic answers because the question you posed it generic.

Everyone has a play style that has to be adapted to PVP. Do you prefer to brawl at 0, kite out at the edge of scram range or do long range kiting? What are your small ship skills like? If you are not clear on piloting, then some basic training is in order.

The forum is a good place to start. Pick some ships you like based upon your prefered style. Get 10 of each and ask for help fitting them (here or online), then get people in NoobFleet to give you fights to low armor so you can learn without loss.

I have answered a few of your questions above as well.

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#18 Lasse R Farnsworth

Lasse R Farnsworth

Raven

• RvB Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

-identify 2 or 3 ships which can be funny to fly according to my character and skills

-learn how to pilot these ships well

-learn how to minimize the risk to be killed

-learn which places to avoid

-learn which ships to avoid

-learn how to resupply fast: now I spend 90% of my connection time resupplying and refitting (the other 9% is spent to be killed)

I do not use TS or Ventrilo

Concerning the 50mil clone cost: Since we don't pod this should not stop you from loosing some ships

Posted Image

#19 Y'talana

Y'talana

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Wreck
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

Also CCP will be removing medical clones with their next release. ETA 2-3 weeks or something.
Posted Image

#20 Cosmo Blink

Cosmo Blink

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:The Mighty Cosmet
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

I've looked at your killboard and quite frankly you are a good pilot. This is eve soloing is no trip in a park. You have managed to get a 53% ratio. Considering you are soloing in lowsec where most pilots use, pirate sets and links for their T1 frigates you have done remarkably well. 

As for the "I want a PvP mentor", ofc no one is going to do this for you unless they recieve a reward for it. For instance I wouldn't want to teach someone else how to PvP if I didn't get anything out of it and would much rather spend my time soloing myself as I too pay to play this game just like everyone else does...

RvB Noobfleet achieve great things with helping new guys into the life of RvB PvP so I advice you to join them if you want something along the lines you are looking for. 

I am one of the many solo RvB pilots and I can tell you, you lose more then most from soloing. It's a given outcome for fighting on even or nearly impossible if not IMPOSSIBLE terms. 

Resupplying quickly is kinda easy if you pew in RvB space as you can buy in bulk from Jita, get all your stuff moved down by either RvB services or Red Frog and then mass fit all of your stuff for one station. Then when you die it will take under 2 minutes to reship. I personally just make a trip to Jita when I lose my ship and buy something new and fly it back down.

You can't expect someone to help you as most of us had no help in the same matter and threatening to unsub from EvE is not really a threat for us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users