Photo

CCP *might* want stop intra corp aggression ... FFA BLT CLT problem.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Helios
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

" CCP  Masterplan - we're looking at changing three things before the end of the year. First is intra - corp aggression rules - At the moment all members can now freely aggress each other. We are looking to change this so that being in the same ember corp does not give you the right to legally kill your corp mates."

http://cdn1.eveonlin...inutes_2014.pdf (page 78 with further discussion and obviously some disagreement)

This would put a severe crimp in purple BLTs and CLTs and similar type events. Would also mean that 1v1s between corpies would have to be duels (not hard but irritating) would also put an end to FFAs of any sort. 

Obviously this would be pretty crappy for RvB, but aside from our microcosm, why the F*** do CCP keep entertaining these shitty ideas... EvE is supposed to be dangerous, it's EvE's niche, why are they f***ing with that ?

Edit : CCP Bettick does mention that this will hurt us, so they are at least aware. Mang seems to take quiet a sanguine POV :)

#2 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

Simple solution. Make it a ceo or director enables option. If on, alllow inter corp aggression. If off, don't.

#3 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

Too many people join Corps and then AWOX everyone.  Then the AWOXXED quit...

Posted Image

#4 Guest_Rebbeca Neresh_*

Guest_Rebbeca Neresh_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'm with ccp on this free aggression of Corp members was/ is a bad for 98% of eve, an director/CEO level option to turn on would fix RvB issues immediately, and duels remain fine

Sent from space or someshit :tapatalk:

#5 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

" CCP  Masterplan - we're looking at changing three things before the end of the year. First is intra - corp aggression rules - At the moment all members can now freely aggress each other. We are looking to change this so that being in the same ember corp does not give you the right to legally kill your corp mates."

http://cdn1.eveonlin...inutes_2014.pdf (page 78 with further discussion and obviously some disagreement)

This would put a severe crimp in purple BLTs and CLTs and similar type events. Would also mean that 1v1s between corpies would have to be duels (not hard but irritating) would also put an end to FFAs of any sort. 

Obviously this would be pretty crappy for RvB, but aside from our microcosm, why the F*** do CCP keep entertaining these shitty ideas... EvE is supposed to be dangerous, it's EvE's niche, why are they f***ing with that ?

Edit : CCP Bettick does mention that this will hurt us, so they are at least aware. Mang seems to take quiet a sanguine POV :)

Tbh, when this first came up I was pretty "NO NO NO NO", however I gave - and continue to do so - it more thought, and eventually by the time of the Summit an idea had formed.

The idea that while this change would hurt us without someone there to help CCP understand how to lessen that pain, it would hurt us more if we (by we I mean me) argued and stamped our feet and threw toys out of someones pram.  

This change will overall be better for the health of the game, and you know what a healthy game means for us? More bodies for the Forever War. More people coming to us to get that first taste of pvp, or to try and relive those old time pvp rushes.

Luckily for us, CCP know we are a HUGE pain point when it comes to this particular item. Changes here without consulting us could "in theory", destroy some of the things that makes us, us. FFAs, Pilot swapping for fights, events and so much more. I have already briefed CCP on exactly how we legitimately (unlike the rest of EVE it seems) use this mechanic and am eager to work with them to lessen the pain that changing it would cause RvB.

(Becs duels suck as they are person limited. Cannot run a 100 man FFA on those :D)

Anyway, I really came here to post that it took an RvBer over 24 hours to spot that ;)

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

Simple solution. Make it a ceo or director enables option. If on, alllow inter corp aggression. If off, don't.

You made an F&I thread on this, and what was scary, it was around the time CSM/CCP started discussing Intra-corp aggression.

#7 Toshiro Hasegawa

Toshiro Hasegawa

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Scorpion

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

no more webbing freighters and other super slow moving things .. ... oh the humanity   - that is the only offensive modual i can think of that was used in a positive way .. other than testing tank, or hurying someone on a pod express..  all things that can be sorted out with the dueling function if i am corrent .. so it is only in FFA, Purple v Purple fleets where it would be an issue? and pretty much just an issue for us ?  might it affect eve-uni .. cant recall if they do training with uni v uni intra-corp.

what about all the awoxers ? what about their "tears" ...  i am sure they say that their gaming style is legit and not a big deal ...

#8 Corniel Azizora

Corniel Azizora

Rupture

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

This will also means that mining bear corps will start spreading like little butter on a fresh loaf of bread. Smaller mining/bearing corps will have less trouble recruiting members and so it will become something a lot easier to accomplish. 

I can see CCP's point of view, they are trying to raise the total amount of subbing parties, and make this game bigger. Witch I agree with, but it's still fun to hunt awoxers and blow them to pieces.

#9 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

Tosh for "awoxer" tears go here: forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=382476&find=unread    (Its Glorious!)

#10 Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Recruit

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

I personally like the fact ppl can scam gank and awox. They make eve scary. That was part of the allure of the game for me when i first started ...the fear and adtenaline. If that goes then so does a lot of eves uniqueness.

That said i understand why some folk see this as a deterrent to new subs.

as far as RvB is concerned, the idea lady ayepsia and funky bacon also mentions in the minutes about a corp level toggle on/off seems like a reasonable solution.

#11 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

EVE slowly becoming a new player friendly game is a good thing....

Posted Image

#12 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Vagabond

• Tournament Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Stealth Bomber

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

I never understood why you should be able to shoot your own corpmates by default. 

I mean, it's a good thing for RvB obviously but this makes awoxing trivial.

Join a new player mining corp, kill their orca, get kicked, repeat.

It just boggles my mind how they thought this would be a good game mechanic with no option to turn it off...

#13 Miner's Bane

Miner's Bane

Rupture

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Tristan

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

I will suicide gank fellow blues if I have to.

#14 Khador Vess

Khador Vess

Abaddon

• Combat Coordinators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1573 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMerseyside, UK
  • Favorite Ship:Sabre
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

To be honest i am a significant user of this mechanic on some of my alts and even I think its completely broken.

Some sort of flagging mechanism for a corp with adjustments to the recruitment criteria to allow people to find corps with or without this flag set is needed or people will follow the mantra of trust no one... including corps.

For a long time the learning curve of eve has restricted the number of people who even try to learn this game, this is just one of those silly little mechanics that makes it harder than it needs to be.

Posted Image

#15 Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Recruit

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

EVE slowly becoming a new player friendly game is a good thing....

I guess you are right and shooting corpies isn't really such a deal breaker (aside from RvB implications). It just seems to me that these topics are being revisited by CCP in the wake of the bonus room stuff and my paranoid side feels like the bonus room stuff could be scaring CCP into being too "safety concious" or even just giving them an excuse to be. I guess so long as ganking, war decs and scamming remain untouched then all is well. CCP mess with those 3 at their peril.

EvE definitely feels at a crossroads to me, some good and some slightly worrying, the next few expansions wil be very interseting and have the potential to reinvigorate or totally bugger up the game. I'm looking forward to it even just from a potential car crash POV but hoping for something good obviously.

#16 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

Someone at the top (Seagull?) finally decided the "I love to piss in your Cheerios bowl no matter what" mentality wasn't in the best interests of the game long term....

Posted Image

#17 Samuel Vokan

Samuel Vokan

Prophecy

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Bhaalgorn
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

I hope they do change it, this rule never really made sense. With the news on overview upgrades and now this, CCP are on a roll lately in my opinion.

#18 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • 1534 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:05 PM

yea i think we can all agree that the shooting corpies with impunity thing never made any sense, that said i hope they introduce a toggle as a director level decision. That way we get the best of both worlds; people can recruit for their corps more openly, and a dedicated awoxer can still ply his trade. oh and RvB doesn't lose one of its greatest features (FFA carnage)

Resident RvB bad

#19 Matthias Duran

Matthias Duran

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • 1690 posts
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

Of course, removing the ability to kill corpies also removes one of the few ways to punish corp/fleet members for doing something stupid.

People who whine about not being trusted are either:<br />1) Operatives for the Enemy<br />2) Totally clueless about concepts like OPSEC and need-to-know<br />3) Dangerously neurotic and/or immature<br />and are consequently not to be trusted.

#20 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6395 posts
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

Of course, removing the ability to kill corpies also removes one of the few ways to punish corp/fleet members for doing something stupid.

We can still make them join Red....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users