1) Im keeping it at 10 minutes per match. We had matches this weekend that went past 5, and during the Spring Cup some that went the distance. Anything not 5 or 10, is just daft. And frankly 5 is daft as is it as it cuts the "show" aspect down even further, and when we do this again, I want the show to be as worth watching as YOUR fights are (I missed so many despite being 200km above the arena all weekend)
2) I will NOT being going 2 arenas. Majority of the time clean up was fast, the stream downtime was basically down to "running out of shit to say", teams derping or whatever.
Normally I can talk for England, just not 4 days after Vegas! Now that I have been a host I have a TON of self criticism regarding that, which is going to help me prepare. Going to two just adds an extra element of nuisance (relocating at least 4 camera"bots", ref, possible boundary crew etc, just another distraction (Seriously as host I still do a stupid amount of work, mostly as I dont trust anyone else to do it - with good reason!) all because of one or two times the arena wasnt cleaned. Seriously, the majority of delays were down to stupid shit not related to drones left in the arena
I dont want a tournament that is just about the fights. I want a show! Hence one arena, hence downtime between matches with chat on air and so on. You all get to do something to win my isk, let me do something while you do
3) Related to the above. Teams that have played and are knocked out, or waiting 30+ for a match, they WILL be roped in to certain duties. Be it boundary stuff, clean up and so on. They will never do market runs. Thats just to much of an intel thing and I want to maintain a certain air of competition between the teams, including meta stuff like market intel. This may be a purple event, but its not designed to hold your hands and kiss your cuts and bruises when you get hurt
4) Hulls with faction variants, will be counted towards the 2 maximum of a hull. ie Want to bring 2x VNI, you cannot bring any vexors. ie Want to bring a caracal and a CNI, thats fine. whereas 2 caras and a cni would get you yelled at for being illiterate.
5) I MAY up the cost of faction hulls by a point. Then again, I may not.
6) Current points setup, I havent really seen much feedback on this? My view is I like it, it worked, it can stay, with a few tweaks to the ship rules themselves.
7) Sam already covered why T2 logi are remaining in the format. No point me repeating such a great response.
8) Certainly want a staff, BUT you cant be wishy washy about it. You commit to the whole weekend or none at all. And frankly if I think you would be better flying in the thing than helping run it, guess what I would prefer you do (I have a mental list of people I love seeing in events such as this and it increased by a large amount this weekend!)?
9) Location. Was far out this time, mostly as I fancied a change. It will never be held in the core systems of RvB, mostly due to the complete stupidity that would result and the many people banned from RvB that weekend due to annoying me
10) ECM, those who used it/faced it. Thoughts please, it was a new inclusion to my format this time. I am intrigued.
11) GECKOS. Gone.
12) Genos sets. I am leaning towards a removal there as well. Persuade me.
13) Bans. I was toying with the idea of them for the whole event, however I am thinking just keeping them at the same place I extended them to yesterday. Again persuade me.
14) Marketing/logistics. Abusing UPS is on my list, as is all you RvB industry types providing ships to the teams. Announcing the system considerably earlier is going to happen. I was just wary of putting it there and then finding us wardecced and having to deal with that crap in the middle of a fight. This weekend disabused me of that idea.
15) Boundary issue. God you people like to focus on 1 thing dont you. Last time it was interlopers (thanks Azami btw), this time its this.
Understandable for some people of course. Anyway, lessening the time allowed out is a start.
A "crew" is an option, however ABC's are on the list of allowed stuff, and then when flown by RvBers, some random in the event, will messup and attack the wrong thing. Or the guys in the "crew" will think there was a violation when there wasnt, or will hit shoot at the same time the ship gets back in.
Personally I think the onus to watch boundary should be on the pilots in the fight. Go outside for 10 seconds max, ship is DQd, other team gets points awarded to value of that. Points that could cost their team a crucial victory.
16) Id like to not clutter the centre too much. In the SC we had at one stage 8 BS in the centre of the arena at the 0 point. The meta was much more varied in the SC, so more teams came in at 0 and manuevering around BS that dont show on their overviews etc just caused enough issues for us to rethink the clutter. I'd like to minimise that as much as possible. (Hence if we went with a "crew", theyd have to be at cardinal directions around the arena.
17) Arena is to be extended to 125/250 exactly like AT/SCL/NEO.
18) Advertising. I am only one man! I would love to see more advertising on the next one. I have a guy who does my art already, but more of a community push, both for signups that wont flake and generally to get them hyped on it. I'd love for teams to be getting themselves supporters etc.
Would be ideal to tie this into something with EVEBet. Even the possibility of getting them to run bets on the matches? Just a straight up bet winner maybe? Fucked if I know how betting would work though.
19) Bio locks the ships for the UI.
He sat at the arena edge in 2 BS. He found that better for him than last time. His camera"bots" caught the actual shots. I do get the reasoning though as it would make the distance numbers look more "true to life" for stream viewers.
20) Top down view (pref in a mini window somewhere). I'll leave that up to Bio re viability, but I hope it would be doable? But I wouldnt want to tune in to anything solely showing things from high enough up that we see boxes. Those sorts of eve videos are SHITE, lets not make more of them. I like action shots and camerabots doing their thing. Got to think about this from the pov of more than just us as viewers, the average miner joe or bob newbie or doug bittervet (who is sick of zoomed out vidya ), so much of what this event is is about the show and how well it entertains.
21) We do use a points system by the way (the points value of each ship is the points they are worth in a match).
Just I need to learn to keep more legible handwritten notes. Luckily my secretary could understand most of them. I'll get them onto challonge where they belong once I finish getting the matches highlighted and on to Youtube.
22) Would love to see more off the wall setups, even mallers!
23) Arena centre was a can named ARENA BEACON. The overview set I sent to captains even included it on the Tyrian trophy setup.
So thats a stream of answers. Take them as you will, but god im sick of looking at twitch so may have been a bit snarkier than I intended!
Keep the feedback rolling in guys while this is all still fresh in our minds.