Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

Great posy, Do you need to train the leadership skills to fc?

Not really. You only need leadership 5 to pass bonuses in fleet. If you lack leadership skills, take fleet command position, put a skilled player in wing commander, and make sure each squad leadee has leadership 5.

#22 Sir Ad1e

Sir Ad1e

Velator

• Friend of RvB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Recruit
  • LocationEngland
  • Favorite Ship:Hawk

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:31 PM

cool thanks, been thinking of giving FC'ing a try

#23 Ophelia Yotosala

Ophelia Yotosala

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
Recruit
  • LocationRowan University
  • Favorite Ship:The working kind
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Great posy, Do you need to train the leadership skills to fc?

absolutly not. Dont get me wrong it sure helps . Yet the only thing you need to FC is out of game skills. If your looking to FC just do it.. The only thing required is your time . If youd like any help with FC'ing please shoot me a mail in game. I'd be more the happy to answer any other questions you may have. 

RvB Events Supervisor
RvB Command
RvB Reddit Admin
RvB Streaming Manager
http://www.twitch.tv/rvbeve

#24 Jiny

Jiny

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationCA
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

Just remember, you can't be worse than I am. I actually had someone in fleet say "hmm, I should try FC'ing, since the bar seems to be set so low". (No offense was given, and none was taken.) I will repeatedly warn my fleets that I have no clue wtf I am doing, and will gladly hand of the reigns to someone who wants to try and do it better. If I inspired someone to run a fleet for no other reason than to save the corp from my terribad FC'ing, I still consider that a win for everyone.

The point is, it really is that simple...not everyone is Yng or Mangala, and that's ok. If you can get a couple dudes to follow you around and die in a fire and only kill 1 frigate, you're still doing more to help RvB than the majority of others. Just remember, it's all about fun. Winning is great, but simply having a fight is better. Don't be afraid to lose (sometimes I even do it on purpose). Anyone who rages at you for getting them killed won't be around in RvB for long anyway...

#25 Toshiro Hasegawa

Toshiro Hasegawa

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Scorpion

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

That was me  :)   .. and i wasnt refering to you in particular but to the fact that just before you said all one had to do was form fleet and warp to zero ..  which i think i could handle... but maybe not.

If the proverbial bar is set to the level where one just has to get a few like minded people to undock and warp to a gate at zero - lose all the ships and consider it a player victory - in that everyone had fun - well then ... really more of us should be leading .. 

I could get into why i dont but i think it makes about as much sense to me as my fear of heights i get when watching a tv screen in my living room when the cockpit camera shows a plane going into a dive - its illogical but strong enough to give me the sweats.

I keep saying "one of these days".. but i dont want it to be like WWIIonline where i signed up to lead but then stopped logging in due the potential hassle of trying to herd silly cats who cat type back as you try and heard them.

RvB has to be one of the best environments to learn to FC though ..   so maybe tonight ...  but probably not ...  :P

#26 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Jiny received the highest praise and RvB'er can get in fleet the other night and he was not there to hear it...

"Jiny, yea, he will take anything on ... no fear."

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#27 Ryan Erishi

Ryan Erishi

Rupture

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Recruit
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:Friend-ship

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

The problem i have ran into is when I'm actually able to use comms effectively there's a fleet up already.  

The moment I need to keep the mic muted or I'm being frequently pulled away from the pc is the moment they need a new FC.  

To be honest I'll follow anyone i really don't care about welping cheap frigates because it's fun.

Hell bought a T2 fit tristan to join a fleet and died not 60 seconds later the other night because i was a moron, it want the FC's fault we couldn't kill the elmo's, we decided to go in out-gunned with a plan and it failed miserably. Laughs all round.

#28 Jiny

Jiny

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • 1754 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

That was me  :)   .. and i wasnt refering to you in particular but to the fact that just before you said all one had to do was form fleet and warp to zero ..  which i think i could handle... but maybe not.

If the proverbial bar is set to the level where one just has to get a few like minded people to undock and warp to a gate at zero - lose all the ships and consider it a player victory - in that everyone had fun - well then ... really more of us should be leading .. 

I could get into why i dont but i think it makes about as much sense to me as my fear of heights i get when watching a tv screen in my living room when the cockpit camera shows a plane going into a dive - its illogical but strong enough to give me the sweats.

I keep saying "one of these days".. but i dont want it to be like WWIIonline where i signed up to lead but then stopped logging in due the potential hassle of trying to herd silly cats who cat type back as you try and heard them.

RvB has to be one of the best environments to learn to FC though ..   so maybe tonight ...  but probably not ...  :P

Hi fellow former WWIIOL player! Just go for i! At least in RvB you don't have to wait 30 minutes for people to come back from the spawn area when they die.

The problem i have ran into is when I'm actually able to use comms effectively there's a fleet up already.  

The moment I need to keep the mic muted or I'm being frequently pulled away from the pc is the moment they need a new FC.  

To be honest I'll follow anyone i really don't care about welping cheap frigates because it's fun.

Hell bought a T2 fit tristan to join a fleet and died not 60 seconds later the other night because i was a moron, it want the FC's fault we couldn't kill the elmo's, we decided to go in out-gunned with a plan and it failed miserably. Laughs all round.

If you want to give it a try and there's already a fleet up, don't be afraid to ask the current FC if you can have a go. I know a lot of guys will happily turn over command to let someone else try, usually no one asks though :)

#29 roguearmadillo

roguearmadillo

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Recruit
  • Locationoregon, USA
  • Favorite Ship:thorax

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

Just read this, and it gives me hope that I may one day get to your guy's level. thanks for the post Zen

#30 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Just read this, and it gives me hope that I may one day get to your guy's level. thanks for the post Zen

Rogue, have faith in yourself. You are doing great. Our only advantage last night was our logi, and we did lose when you managed to drive the logi off.

#31 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

I agree Rogue you are doing very well. Lady just HAD to bring logi last night! ; )

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#32 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • 3402 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

You let one bantam and one execurer join the fun and all Hell breaks loose. LOL

Remember, as an FC you can always request no logi too.

#33 Jiny

Jiny

Abaddon

• RvB Member
  • 1754 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Indeed Rogue, you've been doing great, even with the odds stacked against you there is no rage or panic, you just push forward. Win or lose, you're ready to jump right back in...and keeping the action going is what it's all about!

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users