• 752 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationUK
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:29 AM

Channel name: 'RvB Fight Club'

EDIT: 

RvB Fight Club!

Use this channel to discuss solo tactics, give advice and partake in 1v1s, and remember that the FFA spots in poinen are avaliable if you want to pewpew away from the fleet madness!

Newbros (less than 2 month age) that want to 1v1 but can't afford to lose ships, mail  Yngvarr Khshayarsha and I will reimburse your losses (up to t2 fitted t1 frigates)

- If you want a 1v1 simply ask, many will oblige!

#2 MarcusParks

MarcusParks

Bantam

• RvB Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Recruit
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska
  • Favorite Ship:Breacher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

Thanks Yng! I'm only three months into my time in Eve and using this channel has gotten me tons of fights, and taught me so much about PVP. In fact I won a little 8 person 1v1 tournament last week that some guys in my part of the world hosted, and I chock that up to the skills I gained trawling for 1v1s in 'R-V-B solo.' Looking forward to getting my Breacher blown up by some fresh faces. See you at P1 Poin!

#3 Yngvarr

Yngvarr

Astarte

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:12 AM

Renamed the channel to "RvB Fight Club" to sounds cooler and more awesome! COME JOIN US, LOTS OF GOOD 1V1S HAPPENING

#4 Zack Dust

Zack Dust

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Recruit
  • LocationGeneva, Switzerland
  • Favorite Ship:R6
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

Renamed the channel to "RvB Fight Club" to sounds cooler and more awesome! COME JOIN US, LOTS OF GOOD 1V1S HAPPENING

#BELIEVE

...it's happening!  PEW! PEW!

signature.jpg

"A ship is always safe at the shore, but that is not what it is built for." - Albert Einstein

#5 Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Helios

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hey dudes!

'R-V-B Solo' channel is now open again! 

If you are interested in 1v1s hop in that channel and ask for one - everyone in there *should* be interested and take up your offer! (Please don't hang in there if you arent)

I am trying to rebuild a good 1v1 and solo community within RvB for people wanting to learn about the mechanics of such fights and get better at them.

Please talk to each other after fights in that channel if you have time and give each other advice to become better pilots.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN

-Yng

A good solo community already exists within RvB and you just excluded a lot of it (including me) by saying we're not welcome in the solo channel if we aren't into to 1v1s. If what you are trying to do is build a duelist/1v1 club then that's great and good luck to you but why hijack the soloers channel and then say we're not welcome in it anymore ?

1v1 =! solo. It's a good starting point for sure, but there are many solo pilots who don't really like duels. Some of us liked the FFA (when people were actually using it), some of us like running around getting ad hoc fights without the "gentleman's agreement" and some of us like fighting against the blob or outnumbered.  All these things are solo pvp and if you are trying to build a solo community as you say then you would include them wouldn't you ?

By making 1v1 participation a requirement you are excluding a lot of soloers who could give advice or may just want to talk with each other about fights they had. You are likely to scare off curious types who want to know more but don't want to be "called out" in the channel for not agreeing to a 1v1.

It all seems a bit confusing since the solo channel used to be linked with (but not exclusively) the FFA. The FFA was recently moved/relaunched or whatever but now it seems it's been abandoned for a 1v1 only thing. You can't do 1v1s at the FFA so are we saying this channel now has nothing to do with the FFA or what ? 

Please don't take this as a rant, just trying to get a point across is all. TBH nobody really seems interested in the FFAs anymore anyway so if this is how we salvage something from it then great, I just think noobs/solocurious types and soloers who dislike 1v1s should be welcome in the channel to chat/observe/learn/ask questions/give advice.

My 2p.

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Not sure how you read into Yngs post that you have to do 1v1s or get out.  I mean the very nature of "should" in the context he used it, doesn't to my mind mean that.

I do agree with the thing about the FFA spots setup in Poinen though, rather than abandon them, reinvigorate them along with this channel/system or whatever. Otherwise I can go take them down and get back to deciding solosist aint worth donkey spit. (again)

#7 Yngvarr

Yngvarr

Astarte

• Friend of RvB
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

A good solo community already exists within RvB and you just excluded a lot of it (including me) by saying we're not welcome in the solo channel if we aren't into to 1v1s. If what you are trying to do is build a duelist/1v1 club then that's great and good luck to you but why hijack the soloers channel and then say we're not welcome in it anymore ?

1v1 =! solo. It's a good starting point for sure, but there are many solo pilots who don't really like duels. Some of us liked the FFA (when people were actually using it), some of us like running around getting ad hoc fights without the "gentleman's agreement" and some of us like fighting against the blob or outnumbered.  All these things are solo pvp and if you are trying to build a solo community as you say then you would include them wouldn't you ?

By making 1v1 participation a requirement you are excluding a lot of soloers who could give advice or may just want to talk with each other about fights they had. You are likely to scare off curious types who want to know more but don't want to be "called out" in the channel for not agreeing to a 1v1.

It all seems a bit confusing since the solo channel used to be linked with (but not exclusively) the FFA. The FFA was recently moved/relaunched or whatever but now it seems it's been abandoned for a 1v1 only thing. You can't do 1v1s at the FFA so are we saying this channel now has nothing to do with the FFA or what ? 

Please don't take this as a rant, just trying to get a point across is all. TBH nobody really seems interested in the FFAs anymore anyway so if this is how we salvage something from it then great, I just think noobs/solocurious types and soloers who dislike 1v1s should be welcome in the channel to chat/observe/learn/ask questions/give advice.

My 2p.

Thats fine, I was under the impression it was relatively unused now - happy to expand the scope of the channel to solo PVP in its entirity

Not trying to exclude people! :)

#8 Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Recruit

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Not sure how you read into Yngs post that you have to do 1v1s or get out.  I mean the very nature of "should" in the context he used it, doesn't to my mind mean that.

I do agree with the thing about the FFA spots setup in Poinen though, rather than abandon them, reinvigorate them along with this channel/system or whatever. Otherwise I can go take them down and get back to deciding solosist aint worth donkey spit. (again)

everyone in there *should* be interested and take up your offer! (Please don't hang in there if you arent)

Edit: just seens Yng's post. Sorted, Thankyou Yng :)

#9 Yngvarr

Yngvarr

Astarte

• Friend of RvB
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

Updated MOTD to reflect intentions: 'Use this channel to discuss solo tactics, give advice and partake in 1v1s, and remember that the FFA spots in poinen are avaliable if you want to pewpew away from the fleet madness!'

Hope that is more clear

#10 Portmanteau

Portmanteau

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Recruit

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

Updated MOTD to reflect intentions: 'Use this channel to discuss solo tactics, give advice and partake in 1v1s, and remember that the FFA spots in poinen are avaliable if you want to pewpew away from the fleet madness!'

Hope that is more clear

Nice one Yng, TYVM, I'll rejoin channel when I log in next 

#11 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2017 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:ARMAGEDDON
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

http://red.rvbeve.co...il&plt_id=99339
Nearly 2 months in RvB without killing or losing anything - had to stop him mining and christen his KB

#12 Phaedra Morrpheous

Phaedra Morrpheous

Rupture

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Recruit
  • LocationGold Coast, Queensland
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

http://red.rvbeve.co...il&plt_id=99339
Nearly 2 months in RvB without killing or losing anything - had to stop him mining and christen his KB

You're doing gods work, Well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users