• RvB Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Recruit
  • LocationGermany
  • Favorite Ship:Erebus
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

Thx for the event was a lot of fun. Sorry that i had to leave so early, i guess i missed some fun, but (un)fortunatly my wannabe Oneiros survived :)

Maybe i reuse the parts for a shiny oneiros or visit the Red HQ with it ;)

#142 Laughing falcon

Laughing falcon

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Favorite Ship:Slicer
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

https://zkillboard.com/br/9010/

the last fights numbers

#143 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

Will have a write up of my own done tomorrow most likely, meanwhile did any RvBers video it at all?  Especially the PEE ELLS fight?

Anyway, Snuffbox write up / quotes:

On another note we had a fun scrap with RvB last night, turns out they can form 50 man TIII gangs, I'm sure somebody will post a better description of the happenings but long story short, their Logi were really on the ball and it turns out Damps + Neut Legions + a lot of TIIIs can make a Guardians life really hard.

Also neut Legions hurt Triage, a lot.

Not gonna lie, if you had stuck around my Triage would have died, I was basically cap dead about 3/4 of the way through my Cycle.

On Sunday was spent mostly bloppsing and wasting our time provoking the locals until eventually a guy we know in RvB gives us a heads-up that they are forming a T3 fleet and heading to lowsec, possibly through our hood.

A few minutes later we get a scan of the hostile fleet revealing 30-something t3’s with about the same number of support in the form of guards, t1 logi and various random support junk.

We form 17 (!) Absolutions, 8 guards and a scattering of T3’s for tackle and get our shit sorted just about in time for them to pass through Tama (nextdoor) and head down the pipe towards Gallente space.

Our cyno manages to get ahead, and we bridge our lovely asses in far enough ahead for them to see us coming and get hyped enough to want it right here and now.
We are quickly spotted, and RvB in turn stalls for a few minutes, seemingly hesitating on if they want the fight or not.
Understandably jumping into an already set-up fleet is never a fun experience, but if we were to jump into them (at 2-1 odds) we would also be turbofucked, so instead we compromise by moving one system closer to them but setting up on our in-gate, allowing them to choose what ranges they warp to if they are feeling brave enough to take the fight.
This seems to do the trick, and local spikes heavily as the fleet jumps in, having grown a bit as they waited for some stragglers, and soon enough we see the hostiles on scan.

RvB gets fleet-warped and all land at zero on the gate that our logi has pulled off, and 10 or so km from our absos and tackle, and we set our damage-dials to maximum.
After evaporating some ewar we go straight for trying to break some of proteuses and suspected neutlegions, but they are far too well fit and RvB’s logi-chain were doing hell of a good job in catching reps
In turn, RvB’s are unable to break our absos with our guardians alive, even though Wex drops down to a very exiting 25% armor before being repped back up.

What turns out to indeed be swarm of neut-legions eventually manage to crawl the 30km to get on top of our guardians, and soon our capchain is under very heavy neut-pressure.

While we start zapping some t1 logi and a few guardians and oneiroses to reduce the enemy tank RvB’s efforts pay off when our logis start becoming primary, the combination of being neuted dry and incoming fire means that we quickly lose four of our guardians.
Realizing that we have the option to A: DIAF and B: Not DIAF, we call in a pair of triage carriers to see if we can’t buy ourselves time to lower the dps enough before they too get zapped.

My Little Sharptoast who goes in first ends up with firmly clenched buttcheeks and a adorably high-pitched northern voice as he goes about trying to save everyone from the reasonably coordinated RvB fire, and a few moments later he finds himself called primary and starting to go lower and lower thanks to the combination of neuts and still rather respectable damage left on field.

Meanwhile killing off some of the RvB logi has allowed our absolutions to start exploding T3’s, and we quickly burn down 6 proteuses and a dickbag jamming tengu.

With the hostile logi chain broken to the point of bleeding T3’s, RvB makes the call to bugger out rather than commit to kill the Archon and either de-aggress and jump out in quick order.

We loot up and post a few very sincere GF’s in local, there are not a lot of other groups who put up the kind of fight we saw from RvB last night.

#144 Vash Aideron

Vash Aideron

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPonder, TX
  • Favorite Ship:Taranis

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

\o/ jamgu op success

60% of the time it works every time

#145 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

It's always nice to remind the world that we can and do field serious ships when we wish.

And props again to our logi. They keep doing an awesome job.

#146 Frank Bean

Frank Bean

Prophecy

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Vexor

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Logibros got props, woot woot. But I already knew we were all on the ball.

#147 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

Logibros got props, woot woot. But I already knew we were all on the ball.

Dude, you are a logi god. Don't doubt yourself. You lead our logi extremely well during BLT Friday, then this on.Sunday. Seriously, mad props to you! Mad props to the rest of the Logi bros too!

#148 Frank Bean

Frank Bean

Prophecy

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Vexor

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

Maybe the incredible level of smug didn't come through, but I wasn't doubting myself :) And I am smug for the group, not just myself, we had some logi guys that were new to it and they were baptized in a circle of flame and came out made of steel.

Dude, you are a logi god. Don't doubt yourself. You lead our logi extremely well during BLT Friday, then this on.Sunday. Seriously, mad props to you! Mad props to the rest of the Logi bros too!

#149 Llessur Ffud

Llessur Ffud

Velator

• RvB Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Drake

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

I have to agree this was an awesome event and one of the best fleets I have been on I would gladly do this again! Major props to FC and the Logi even while both calling stuff out they managed to get shit done!

2036206858-17.png

#150 Vash Aideron

Vash Aideron

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPonder, TX

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:24 AM

Didn't get to stay for the Pee El fight so this is all i got 

#151 Malus Fenix

Malus Fenix

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Moa

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

\o/ jamgu op success

\o/ yay im a dickbag :D
Fiona Erinies - Blue Rep

#152 Laughing falcon

Laughing falcon

Sabre

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Favorite Ship:Slicer
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

again great job everyone and thanks for making the first event i started a success

#153 Vash Aideron

Vash Aideron

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPonder, TX

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

\o/ yay im a dickbag :D