Only have 1 character. Want to join RVB. questions?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Krumous_*

Guest_Krumous_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

Ok I would like to join RvB, but I have some questions.

First I have 1 main character I've been working on for over a year.( 12 mil Skill and over 1 billion ISK). I enjoy running lvl 4 missions to make ISK. I want to keep building up my main char skills, so I can obtain better and higher lvl stuff. If I start an alt I have to stop skill training on my main.(Which I think is ridiculous) Or pay for another account (again ridiculous). My goal is to join a PVP guild or become a bounty hunter, but I first need to learn pvp. I do believe RvB is the way to learn pvp.

Ok if I join RvB with my main, can I leave at any time to make ISK and then return to RvB? If so are there any penalties or time limits?

Also if I can't enter Jita when I'm in RvB where would I buy more ships and equipment from. And how would I get them back to where ever I am?

Any help on how I can do both join RvB and run mission will be helpful.

Note: I do like EVE but:

I do realize having and alt is pretty much a most have in EVE. And since EVE has made the game this way, they should allow skill training on all characters in the same account. If it didn't take years to build a character's skill this wouldn't be a problem. I do not want or can afford paying EVE $15 a month just to build and alt which takes forever to skill up. Eve should allow people to build at least 2 alts skills up at the same time as their main. I fill this is just greed on EVE's part. This hurts the amount of people that would join and people that can't afford multiple accounts.

#2 Professor Clio

Professor Clio

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6904 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationCanada
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

1. You can come and go as you please, but there is a 7 day cooldown to re-join a corp you've left if it was at war (and we're almost always at war)

2. You can buy from jita remotely without having to go there and courrier contract the stuff to RvB systems

Alternatively you can pause training on your main and train a money making alt or a basic pvp alt for RvB.

Posted Image

#3 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

Stop training on your main to make a 1 week Jita hauler alt. Go amarr, shoot for t2 cargo expanders, rigs, and level 4 in the industrial ship skill.

Use that character to haul too and from Jita.

Play RvB, when money gets low, drop corp for a week and mission. Then rejoin and get back to fighting. That is about what I would do in your shoes.

#4 Mandelbrot Fracture

Mandelbrot Fracture

'Always Drunk'

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationShithole
  • Favorite Ship:Opux Luxury Yacht

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

Join with ur main pal and go to our null, Make mo monies than your missions, Easy Shpandoolies, 

Then JC over to RvB land for pew pew 

2cysaz5.jpg

#5 Suleiman Sulo

Suleiman Sulo

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Incursus
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

Ok I would like to join RvB, but I have some questions.

First I have 1 main character I've been working on for over a year.( 12 mil Skill and over 1 billion ISK). I enjoy running lvl 4 missions to make ISK. I want to keep building up my main char skills, so I can obtain better and higher lvl stuff. If I start an alt I have to stop skill training on my main.(Which I think is ridiculous) Or pay for another account (again ridiculous). My goal is to join a PVP guild or become a bounty hunter, but I first need to learn pvp. I do believe RvB is the way to learn pvp.

Ok if I join RvB with my main, can I leave at any time to make ISK and then return to RvB? If so are there any penalties or time limits?

Also if I can't enter Jita when I'm in RvB where would I buy more ships and equipment from. And how would I get them back to where ever I am?

Any help on how I can do both join RvB and run mission will be helpful.

You come to the right place.

Join when ever you want and do missions out of the caldari region, then you will be fine. There aren't much WTs out of the Forge. Keep an eye on the local and dock if some 3th party WT enter the local. 

You can also do the weelky themes and loose some ships, than you will get paid from RvB for your lost and the insurance should double your investment (BLT & CLTs).

Yes, you could leave RvB when ever you want, but as Professor Clio told before you need to wait 1 week to rejoin us.

Most of us created an alt-hauler that isn't at war, this takes only a few days skill training.

Bounty hunter is for the hard core freaks that have enough experience and a backbone to break the opposing fleet.

Also you will need many many agents to search for bounties.

Null war can be nice, but its time consuming and the action is much less than with us.

My Blog: http://suleimansulo-eve.blogspot.de/ - stories, guides and tips

#6 Guest_Krumous_*

Guest_Krumous_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Thanks all,

Made an alt hauler. Will be joining RvB soon.  Maybe today.

Question:

What is WT?

#7 Mourning Souls

Mourning Souls

Derp

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

War target, entities separate from RvB who can legally kill you, and be killed by you. Most cases they are people who want to try and ruin our fun, or who just want to pad their killboard stats.

#8 Krumous Barbarion

Krumous Barbarion

Shuttle

• RvB Member
  • 0 posts
Recruit
  • LocationParsonsburg MD
  • Favorite Ship:Raven

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

Have a few more question.

I watch the what to do before you join video.  They mention to move ships and equipment to your area your going to join and make book marks escape routes before you join.

I'm currently in the Funtanainen IV area.   Is this a good place to base out of, if not where is some good places?   I also don't no where the closet Red or Blue HQ  to Funtanainen IV is? 

I guess I'm a little confused on base of operation. I thought Blue and Red players all resided at which ever side they join. And then they used there alts to bring them supplies.  The only thing I think I got is that you join red or blue through the R-V-B channel.

I've looked for info on this and cannot find any. 

Please Help. Thanks

#9 Professor Clio

Professor Clio

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6904 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationCanada
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

Blue HQ is in the liekuri system, reds are in otela. Moving your stuff to your side's system is a good idea.

Posted Image

#10 Suleiman Sulo

Suleiman Sulo

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Incursus
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

Otela, Josameto, Poinen, and Liekuri are the best places to be. Use a stations with medical service and repair service.

THIS you should read to prepare for war, and THIS is to set up your UI, keyboard and so on.

My Blog: http://suleimansulo-eve.blogspot.de/ - stories, guides and tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users