• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationQLD
  • Favorite Ship:anything with guns
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Bookmark - Recon - Scout Frigate

I like using a full on speed fit Vigil for making bookmarks, recon and scouting.

Here is one of the fits I use - the 125's and warrior is mainly for drones.

[Vigil, Vig Scout]
Overdrive Injector System II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II

Experimental 1MN Afterburner I
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Optimal Range Disruption Script

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, EMP S
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, EMP S
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Warrior II x1

Do you find the Warp stabs are worth it ? because lets face it if someone coughs the vigil dies let alone actually tries to point it :D
Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fencepost, you know he had some help
Alex Haley

#62 Cameron Zero

Cameron Zero

Chimera

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts
Petty Officer 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPDX, OR, USA
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

A common misconception in Eve Online is that, after jumping through a gate, if you're pointing at a celestial object, you'll warp to it faster than if you warp to something your ship isn't pointing at.

This is untrue.

As far as the game is concerned, at speed zero, your ship is a sphere with no direction. At speed zero, you can accelerate to warp speed in ANY direction in the same amount of time. I've tested this on a gate, warping to a celestial my ship appeared to be pointing at, as well as one that was off on a tangent, and one that was "behind" me. In every case, I entered warp in the same amount of time.

cameronzero.png
|-- Cameron Zero - Red Federation Noob --| |-- Zateki Zero - Blue Republic Noob --| |-- @zievarrenna --|
|-- EPIC Caracal vs Daredevil Double KO --|

#63 Mourning Souls

Mourning Souls

Derp

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Thank you for that, it'll save me from zooming back into the game and figuring out which direction I'm pointing.

#64 Maqar

Maqar

Omen

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Recruit

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

A common misconception in Eve Online is that, after jumping through a gate, if you're pointing at a celestial object, you'll warp to it faster than if you warp to something your ship isn't pointing at.

This is untrue.

As far as the game is concerned, at speed zero, your ship is a sphere with no direction. At speed zero, you can accelerate to warp speed in ANY direction in the same amount of time. I've tested this on a gate, warping to a celestial my ship appeared to be pointing at, as well as one that was off on a tangent, and one that was "behind" me. In every case, I entered warp in the same amount of time.

So the only reason why instant undocks work, even in a freighter, is because the station spits you out at speed? I have read that earlier but wasn't sure if it's true. This calls for some serious empiric research :)

EDIT: First tests indicate it's true. Align time when I started from 0 speed was somewhere between 49-51 sec, which is relatively close to pyfa, which says my align time should be 47.7 sec. And it surely sucks to do these tests in a providence, but it is much easier to take the time than trying it in an inty e.g. :-)

#65 Kelsar Hemah

Kelsar Hemah

Prophecy

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Recruit
  • LocationDenmark
  • Favorite Ship:Punisher

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

T2 guns vs Meta 4:
While meta 4 guns have the same stats as T2 they don't do as much damage. This is because the skill specialization for the specific gun only works with t2 guns, which gives your t2 guns a 2-10% damage increase on the Meta 4 guns.

#66 Hojou

Hojou

Drake

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Tristan
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Tackle Order

When you are tackling someone, you should make sure you don't web them before your point lands. If they have started spamming warp, and you web them, their current speed will suddenly become their max speed, and they will instantly enter warp because of your web.

Usually if you have both modules hot, they will land simultaneously when you lock -- but on those occasions when you are activating mods on targets you already have locked, make sure you point them before you web them.
Posted Image

#67 Llewelyn Fawr

Llewelyn Fawr

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationSunny, sunny Glasgow, UK
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

The longer this thread gets, the more I realise how much I don't know!

Sent by carrier pigeon.
This is my signature and it is the best!

#68 Talon White

Talon White

Drake

• Executive Coordinator
  • 488 posts
  • LocationLondon Town
  • Favorite Ship:Bismark

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Speed and Alignment tricks

Your required speed to actually align/enter warp is always 75% of your current max velocity.

Being webbed can sometimes help you get into warp faster, since it lowers your max velocity -- if you're piloting a freighter you can speed travel up by bringing a friend (fleeted, so they don't get CONCORDed :) ) along to web you.

This is also why tacklers ought to 'point' then 'web'.

Using a propulsion module (usually a MWD) can reduce your align time if it is normally more than the cycle time of the propulsion module (this can be the case, for example, with an MWD on the Orca). By pulsing the module once, the aim is to get past your normal align speed, even though your align speed with the module active is much higher. Once the cycle ends, your max speed (and the required align speed) will drop back down to normal and you should warp soon after.

In short - after a gate jump - hit 'warp', activate and then immediately de-activate your prop mod (to ensure it completes one cycle only) and you ought to enter warp faster. You'll see your speed jump up once the prop mod's completed it's cycle.

Using the above trick, I can get my Orca into warp 12 seconds faster than simply hitting 'warp' - and this with an AB.

Note (1): The above does not appear to be true after an undock, for some reason. I assume this is because you are ejected at 75% of your based speed anyway?

Note (2): MWD's also in inrease your mass/signature radius but, once it's completed one full cycle, it drops back to normal, thus aiding the warp.

When you combine MWD use with a protoype/covops cloak, then you can use the MWD+cloak trick to align while cloaked, providing much better security in some situations.

#69 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Do you find the Warp stabs are worth it ? because lets face it if someone coughs the vigil dies let alone actually tries to point it :D

Actually, I used that one moving through 0.0 - and TBH around RvB land nanofibers work better, you align faster move faster. Its not meant to do anything but move stupidly fast.

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#70 Cameron Zero

Cameron Zero

Chimera

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts
Petty Officer 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPDX, OR, USA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

So the only reason why instant undocks work, even in a freighter, is because the station spits you out at speed? I have read that earlier but wasn't sure if it's true. This calls for some serious empiric research :)

Correct.

cameronzero.png
|-- Cameron Zero - Red Federation Noob --| |-- Zateki Zero - Blue Republic Noob --| |-- @zievarrenna --|
|-- EPIC Caracal vs Daredevil Double KO --|

#71 Galenwade

Galenwade

IT Guru

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationQLD
  • Favorite Ship:anything with guns

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Actually, I used that one moving through 0.0 - and TBH around RvB land nanofibers work better, you align faster move faster. Its not meant to do anything but move stupidly fast.

can we get this thread pinned ?
Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fencepost, you know he had some help
Alex Haley

#72 Frank Bean

Frank Bean

Prophecy

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Vexor

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

OVERHEATING

pre-heat: you can overheat modules when they are not active to get the heat bonus on the activation cycle.

you can maximize heat by optimizing your slot layout. ie: top rack of gun, gun, nos (or empty slot), gun, gun will make the heat distribution better provided you don't also heat the nos.

most frig fights end before you can burn out your guns...so overheat them bitches!

rumour: I've heard that you take less heat from turning a module off rather than just turning off heat, cause apparently the heat spreads on the cycle after heat is turned off as well...dunno about this one, but i do it anyway, just in case.

#73 Delucian

Delucian

Wyvern

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5606 posts
Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • LocationTexas
  • Favorite Ship:Atron

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

I can confirm that you do take some residual heat damage after a module is turned off - thus, it is important to keep an eye on the red overheat bar and if you are 3/4 heat damage its a good idea to stop your OH.

At 75-80% heat damage, if I turn off the OH, I will end up with 90+% total heat damage to that mod. So 5-10% residual heat damage seems to be the norm.

I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom
I kill conversation as I walk into the room
I'm a three line whip, I'm the sort of thing they ban
I'm a walking disaster, I'm a demolition man

Delucian.png

#74 Triton King

Triton King

Bantam

• RvB Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Recruit
  • LocationNorthern Norway.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

The Mail system has a char counter on the right side of the mail itself....found this out yesterday...I bet you learned something new and usefull now :P

All warfare is based on Deception.

#75 Kallipso Kahn

Kallipso Kahn

Shuttle

• RvB Member
  • 2 posts
Recruit
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK, USA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

If you warp off with your drones still in space you can warp back, right click on your ship, and select "Reconnect to lost drones". Until I found this I always had to scoop drones into drone bay, which takes much longer.

#76 Hojou

Hojou

Drake

• RvB Member
  • 466 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Tristan

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Keep in mind, gallente ships have alot of hull HPs. Using nano's on small gallente ships will gimp a significant part of your EHP.
Posted Image

#77 Mourning Souls

Mourning Souls

Derp

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

"You can (cargo) scan the overseers in plexes to see what they're going to drop. If the drop is bad, wait until after downtime and the loot changes."

http://eve.battlecli...081682#comments

#78 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

The Mail system has a char counter on the right side of the mail itself....found this out yesterday...I bet you learned something new and usefull now :P

Well thanks. I just learned a new thing.

Cheers mate.

#79 Tim Pest

Tim Pest

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Rifter

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

TIL the word mate is derogatory and homophobic. That NC. is retarded.

I guess I didn't learn anything new...

timpestv5.png

A-hole - Likely AFK - Future Alcoholic

#80 ringusworm

ringusworm

Vagabond

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationBaconsville, Bacon Street
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin made from Bacon

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

would be handy for someone to screen shot the fleet chat buttons, showing how to talk in fleet if "auto join fleet chat" is not activated.
Posted Image
this is basic, im sure someone could do a better job, but you get the jist, a few new players struggle for a time, know what i mean m8

ringusworm.png

Bacon will save the world or destroy it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users