Photo

I'm a new player, im frustrated because I invested 100USD and I dont know what to do.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan Ichinumi

Ryan Ichinumi

Shuttle

• Friend of RvB
  • 1 posts
Recruit

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:30 PM

Here I am, thinking this space game would give me some fun. I see so much fucking content on YouTube but i cant access anything. Frustrating as hell, nothing but an unless PVE boring-ass grind and constant disappointment since I got the game. Someone on rookie help told me to come here after constantly being rejected one after one from those big alliances. What am I supposed to do?

#2 hormone1971

hormone1971

Team Leader

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Golem/Vargur
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:40 AM

If you are low on SP and low on actual EVE experience, then I suggest the PVE approach initially.
The learning curve on this game is huge.
It’s hard.
I almost gave up a few times initially.

Learning basic mechanics and how eve works is invaluable no matter how boring.
Then spread your wings. Eve progression is slow and has been designed that way.
Push through. It is worth it.

#3 Azhday Pandur

Azhday Pandur

Shuttle

• RvB Member
  • 2 posts
Recruit

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

You should have played as Alpha for a while to get a feel about Eve. There are lot of useful guides online about what one can do when starting with Eve. Eve University has a wiki page with a lot of useful information: https://wiki.eveuniv....org/Main_Page

If you are looking to get into PvP Red vs Blue might be the place for it, but even if you spend tons of money to get your skills up instantly you won't have much luck, it takes lot of time and expirience just to become mediocre in PvP here in Eve. Even if you are only interested in PvP you should check other stuff and find a steady ingame income and even if you are willing to spend more RL money you could learn how for example explorers and miners behave so you can catch and pop them more easily.

#4 Hooligan Anstian

Hooligan Anstian

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

This is a Sandbox game with no fixed path to take. When starting as a new player you should try out and get experience with the different mechanics that are implemented in the game. When you start to know what is possible you can combine your knowledge and you can set yourself a target that you want to achieve. research and do the following things:

• do the Career Agents missions
  • buy a scanning ship and start hacking
  • fly through low and null sec and try to survive your trips
  • get into transportation and take jobs from the contract system
  • build a reputation with a major faction
  • do the epic arc missions
  • go to the faction warfare low sec spaces and look for fights
  • try out modules like tracking disruptors, target painters and so on. Use a friend for testing
  • find out tactics that you can use in pvp. 
  • fit a ship so it is very good at something specific
  • bump someone 20 km from his stargate
  • find a wormhole get in it and find out you need probes to get out again. Self destruct your pod and lose your implants
  • Try out market PvP. Set up buy and sell and try to make a profit from it.
  • and most importantly: Start Fleets in RvB, get on Mumble and talk your friends into a suicide mission.

Seriously, the best thing about eve is that you can hop on mumble, talk with your new friends and fly in super cool spaceships while doing so. RvB is the perfect place for that. Also if you plan to do an event, talk to one of the long time members of RvB and they will help you set it up. be it testing your guns or scheduling a lowsec roam.

#5 Nicose

Nicose

Sabre

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Recruit
  • LocationGloucestershire
  • Favorite Ship:Can you fit a blaster on it??

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Whats your TZ? Join us IG sometime and we'll guide you in the right direction

#6 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

What did you spend the money on? From there we can try do damage limitation!

Basically EvE used to be a right of passage game where you are in it for the long haul. They have Made things a lot easier now a days for people to by-pass this now via skill injectors and boosters to increase learning SP.

Sadly in EvE you really do learn through failure and making mistakes. You will find some corps that are elite but they mainly do the same thing day in day out and will only take a fight etc if they know they gonna win. We are not one of those corps. We shoot shit ether each other or form up as one and go kill others. 

If you need help don't be afraid to ask but its a lot easier if you do it in game because we can link fits etc

Anyway hopefully you shall join up and pew pew but remember you have to crawl before you can walk!

#7 Bibil

Bibil

Bantam

• RvB Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Command Ships

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:48 AM

Here I am, thinking this space game would give me some fun. I see so much fucking content on YouTube but i cant access anything. Frustrating as hell, nothing but an unless PVE boring-ass grind and constant disappointment since I got the game. Someone on rookie help told me to come here after constantly being rejected one after one from those big alliances. What am I supposed to do?

Sorry I can't type for laughing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users