Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Cynable
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

I'm on holiday at the the mo is the UK still there?

#2 Harleydavid

Harleydavid

Prophecy

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Recruit
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Sabre

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

It's been discussed multiple times throughout the day in Corp and community channels. They voted to leave the EU but it was extremely close.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#3 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

To fill you in for me thinking on it.

I personally voted before for Scottish independence. The way I look at things in RL is only buy what you can afford to buy. Do what you can do. Never rely on anyone else to do it for you. When you do something do it etc ( you get the patern.)

So I always wanted Scotland to stand on its own 2 feet even if we had to take financial hit for it our generation at least my kids would have a chance etc.

So for brexit. Scotland is controlled by (snp) they wanted us to vote remain because if we did vote to leave if Scotland showed to the world it wanted to stay in Europe and we were getting forced to leave. I personally voted leave because I knew there was a v high amount of people voting remain in my area. ( people v open about it in Edinburgh - turns out it was 75% voted to remain in Edinburgh. So my voting was tactical. Didn't want to many voting remain!)

So if you starting to see the picture the way it has turned out is perfect for people who want Scottish independence!

I have personally no problem being in Europe. I don't believe that they should make laws for anyone though or over rule any country laws though. More a set of guidelines. The opportunities I personally have had due to Europe would never have happened if we weren't in it. I just think it needs a big shake up.

Cheers nitro

#4 Vision Thing Achasse

Vision Thing Achasse

Dominix

• Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationKillard, Ireland
  • Favorite Ship:Vexor
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

I believe the UK has got divorced the EU and joined in holy matrimony with the more kitsch loopy side of the current government.

The view from my Irish window never looked better.

...take, back - what I paid for another motherfucker in a motorcade...

#5 Red Bishop

Red Bishop

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:35 AM

viva la libertad!

#6 Talon White

Talon White

Drake

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationLondon Town
  • Favorite Ship:Bismark

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

Democracy failed us. The UK was ill informed. I fear for a future that is aligned with Trump and Farage.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

#7 Red Bishop

Red Bishop

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

Anyone who wants to live in a soviet style union rather than a democracy can do so. There is still 2 years left for freedom of movement.

#8 Miri Boirelle

Miri Boirelle

Astarte

• Administrators
  • 874 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland
  • Favorite Ship:Vagabond

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:18 AM

<3 @ nitro

#9 Harleydavid

Harleydavid

Prophecy

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Recruit
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Sabre

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

If ever you EU and ex-EU boys and girls want a good laugh you should read up on what we go through in Canada with Quebec sovereignty. Being from Quebec, it has a daily impact on my family and I with every decision we make.

Posted Image

#10 MoriartheChosen

MoriartheChosen

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • 460 posts
  • LocationHawaii, Earth, Sol System, Orion-Cygnus Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
  • Favorite Ship:Titanic

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

Hawaiians are divided over working towards independence or working towards federal recognition, like other Native Americans.

https://www.thenatio...occupied-state/

http://america.aljaz...-hawaiians.html

(I'm not a Hawaiian and not involved in this movement. I just picked a couple recent articles that were short and seemed helpful.)
"The caspuleer in his spaceship can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time . . . in other words, he is in a state of ecstasy; in that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a capsuleer freed of the future has nothing to fear.''

Posted Image

#11 Lady Ayeipsia

Lady Ayeipsia

Chimera

• RvB Insider
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3402 posts
Senior Chief Petty Officer  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Kestrel
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

Hawaiians are divided over working towards independence or working towards federal recognition, like other Native Americans.

https://www.thenatio...occupied-state/

http://america.aljaz...-hawaiians.html

(I'm not a Hawaiian and not involved in this movement. I just picked a couple recent articles that were short and seemed helpful.)

Puerto Rico also goes through the same issue each year. There are 3 parties, those for independance, those for becoming a state, and those for maintaining the status quoe.

#12 CpHarding

CpHarding

Astarte

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Rook

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:24 PM

We've fucked ourselves. A campaign of fear won , Scotland is already planning to leave the UK, talk NI might as well, major companies are saying they will move out of London.

The pound has dropped so much we are no longer than 5th largest economy, and if it doesn't recover amusingly the euro could have saved us.

Within a couple of hours of the vote result, people who were spearheading the leave campaign started going back on promises, and lots of people have only just realised what they voted for.

Hopefully either we will have another referendum ( as it was such a close result), the government will postpone the leave indefinitely, or some magical pony comes and saves the day.

In short - our economy is fucked, major companies are planning on leaving, and the UK will soon only be England and Wales, and Wales might follow NI and Scotland.

.... First thing that made me have a drink before midday in the last 10 years

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
~Cp

*Quack*

#13 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • 1043 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

There won't be a second referendum on it because it would completely undermine the voting system ( you can't just keep voting over and over till you get a different result.) The phrase be careful what you wish for comes to mind. Only way it would happen if they could prove if votes were false.

life goes on I'm afraid give it a month or 2. Lets see what happens in the rest of Europe because I don't think it's just Britain that was unhappy with the state of the European Union.

Apart from Britain hitting the self destruct button, the main thing to come out of this is we simply do not give a fuck what mP's say anymore because 9-10 times its bollocks. They just piggy back each other on there points or just troll the other side to bits. If they would just come out and say this is what we gonna do bla bla bla but this has to change bla bla bla fantastic we can make a choice. Just now it's who got the biggest cock contest with a bit of expense scandle flung in.

It's gonna be a long ride what ever happens and won't be fixed over night.

#14 MoriartheChosen

MoriartheChosen

Drake

• Friend of RvB
  • 460 posts
  • LocationHawaii, Earth, Sol System, Orion-Cygnus Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
  • Favorite Ship:Titanic

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:15 AM

American politicians are also really good at getting an emotional reaction out if people, then shitting the bed when it comes time to act.

We have no faith in them either. Our voter turnout peaked in 2008 at 60%...

Is voter turnout in the UK that low?
"The caspuleer in his spaceship can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time . . . in other words, he is in a state of ecstasy; in that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a capsuleer freed of the future has nothing to fear.''

Posted Image

#15 Zoranbacon cheese

Zoranbacon cheese

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Cynable

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:52 AM

Yea I'm hearing a lot of negative press but so far it's all just talk! The pound hasn't crashed its dropped slightly. From my villa in Portugal it all seems fine 😜 the exchange rate has gone from 1.29 to 1.23! It's gonna take 2 years to leave EU so it's gonna be up to Boris to ensure we get a 'good deal'
I'm gutted we've left but trying not to worry about it, Europe will still need to trade with us, banks will not leave, car companies will not leave, Scotland might have referendum.... Will this effect the dps of my svipul? Probs not

#16 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • 1043 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

Turn out was 72 % over all.

Which in my eyes is about right. You will never get 100 %.

The other point to the turn out is who ever is on the losing side always claim this. Same thing happened on independence vote.

The problem with this statement is easy,

Total possible voting on that day was 46.5 million

72.2% = 33.6 million voting

27.8% = 12.9 million not voting

Leave won by 1.3 million

So out of the 13 million left to vote 7.5 million need to vote remain.

I personally think this would have the opposite effect in that now people especially in Scotland who want to vote for independence ( that didn't vote this time round.) will defo vote leave now because they know it won't affect Scotland but will force the vote down south.

The whole polling station closed due to rain is bollocks as well. They were told they could go to another place to vote. Millions died in shitty war conditions so they could have the chance to have one vote. The fact they can't go a mile down road vote due to a fucking puddle pretty much sums up how soft we have become as a society.

So this all put together yes there may have been a slightly higher vote to remain but it still wouldn't have been enough. Sadly with a ageing population voting will always be swayed to what older fokes want like wethers original and tea prices. Just gonna have to tax bingo and raise fuel bills to bump them off before the next big vote. ☺

#17 CpHarding

CpHarding

Astarte

• Executive Coordinator
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

There won't be a second referendum on it because it would completely undermine the voting system ( you can't just keep voting over and over till you get a different result.) The phrase be careful what you wish for comes to mind. Only way it would happen if they could prove if votes were false.

It's gonna be a long ride what ever happens and won't be fixed over night.

Farage had said if the result was close, he would want a second referendum. (but only if he lost) with less than 2% in it, and that the major promises which leave were based on are all being back pedalled, I would like to see one, as campaigns were based on lies and misinformation.

Yeah I can agree with you on that one....

~Cp

*Quack*

#18 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • 1043 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:44 AM

Farage I won't trust a single thing that man has or will say. I don't believe much what any of them say to be honest but him no not a hope in hell.

#19 CpHarding

CpHarding

Astarte

• Executive Coordinator
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

Farage I won't trust a single thing that man has or will say. I don't believe much what any of them say to be honest but him no not a hope in hell.

More the point if he was going to press for a second round if he lost by a small amount, only fair it works both ways. Turn out was good in my eyes, but I'm not sure alot of people realised what they were voting for due to the media (controlled by someone who wants a leave, so he'll have more control) was biased

~Cp

*Quack*

#20 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • 1043 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

The media do like to spin it I completely agree with that. You would get a more realistic answer if you asked a question to a magic 8 ball. :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users