Due to positive response I will tentatively schedule this for Tuesday the 8th at 20:00. Hoping that we are all done playing with our new ships by then! This will be a practical class so please be in a probing ship. Does not have to be T2. And make sure you have an expanded probe launcher with combat scanner probes! Yngvarr you're always welcome. Perhaps you could explain how to incorporate D-Scan when probing ships warping into a gate. Lesson summary will be something like the below:
While I am completely against the use of probe warping in RvB except under very exceptional circumstances, it is an extremely useful skill to have. With the increased frequency of RvB low and nullsec roams I though I would see if there was any interest in a hands-on class for this. There are some nuances to this and while I'm not the best I was at least taught by a master, Yngvarr K. The skill set is easy to train and can be done in 20 days or so. The only shortcoming will be not being able to use T2 cloaks, but that can be trained in another couple of weeks if you really want it. So if anyone is interested make a comment to that effect and we will see what we can do!
In general, probe warping is a technique whereby target ships that are ON GRID may be warped to and tackled.
Where you launch probes
- not on grid with the target!
- keep them well off D-Scan range until needed
How you set up the probes
- Pinpoint formation
- .5 AU radius
- centered on the gate/station/whatever you are camping/guarding/fighting on
- ensure probe results selector is on "ships," deselect "show anomalies"
Where the scanning ship must be
- must be ON GRID with the ships to be warped
- does not have to be on grid with the target ship
- preferably cloaked; people get nervous when there is a obvious scanning ship around
How to set up the fleet
- probe ship is a squad leader
- probe ship is exempted from squad warp
- ONLY inties/tackle frigates in the squad
Preparing the battlefield
- probe ship and tackle must all be > 150 km from target
- make bookmarks at various places around grid
- tackle ships do not have to be in a bunch
Executing the warp
- It helps if the target ship is unique; i.e., the only Thorax (or whatever) on grid
- if not, note the range to the target and ship type
- alert tacklers and dps ships to align to the target
- press "scan" in probe window
- when scan complete, find the ship type/range match
- right click/warp squad to 0
- all ships in probe squad warp to target
- dps ships warp themselves
When gate camping incorporate D-Scan
- set D-scan to only show ships
- set D-scan range/angle as appropriate for circumstances
- spam D-scan; when a ship appears to be incoming switch to probe screen when ship passes 500,000 km
- execute warp as above - ships will warp to the point at which the incoming ship will arrive, before it even gets there
- many LOLs will result
- of course, if ship warps to 0 on gate it won't work.
Edited by Jasper Sinclair, 05 December 2015 - 05:16 PM.