Photo

Mass Event 3, 26000 explosions... let's do this!

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#1 Torve Starduster

Torve Starduster

Omen

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Recruit
  • LocationBelgium
  • Favorite Ship:Enyo
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Notice!: We will kickoff a bit earlier, at 15:00 Eve Time the 26th. No problem if you can't make it that early, I think we can guarantee that there are ships left B).

Hello again RvB! Not that we were modest to begin with, but now we're really ambitious! The plan is 26000 fitted ships for the next massive, killboardbreaking (didn't get the server last time :unsure:) epic FFA!

massffav3.png

What is this, I can't...: In case you missed out on the previous events, the concept is pretty simple. There will be fitted ships ready for you, at a POS. You warp to the POS, using the password given to you to enter it's shield, grab a ship, and go to where the fight is at. Rinse and repeat for many, many hours. What makes this fun? Dude, it's free ships waiting to be blown up! Apart from that, the chance of getting the same fit in a row is relativly small, thanks to our wonderful fitters! Comms will be EvE voice.

TIP FOR NEW CHARACTERS ATTENDING!: Train up each weapon skill (small energy, projectile, hybrid, missiles/rockets) to 2 or 3, this will greatly help you, as not each ship will have the traditional weapon (i.e. Punishers with autocannons). Everything will be tech 1 though, don't worry!

Where: Poinen, top station, Poinen 1 -Moon 2- Spacelane Patrol Logistic Support. From here, ships will be moved to the POS. Also, here is the pool of ships and mods.

When?: 26 January 2013, 15:00 EvE time (+ following days :P)

How? Rolling as last time, we need people to fit ships and maybe a few more Orca pilots! Thanks to the handful of people willing to do this, we've had our last two events, you don't have to do 1000 ships to help us, we appreciate any and all help!

Note for fitters: As last time, mods and ships are being produced, you can fit ships you have lying around, or request ships and mods from me (Torve). Thanks to Del DelVechio, Northern Misfit,... we have a lot of modules and ships available to hand out! Stuff will be contracted to you in Poinen top station. When you have fitted the ships, please contract/station trade them to Zakhs! Also, please read the fitting rules further up ahead, thank you!

IMPORTANT!: Retribution made contracting of fitted ships a lot easier, way less clicking, thank you CCP!

Note for Orca alts: You will have to join the corp Zakhs has set up for this, ships will appear in the corp hangar in Poinen top station to be moved to the POS. You can also help during the event by jettisoning ships from the hangars of the POS.

Fitting rules!!! IMPORTANT!:

- Any T1 Frig allowed.

- No ECM/Smartbombs!

- Include some ammo please, ideally 1 or 2 reloads. T1/Faction ammo allowed. This also goes for drones.

- No tech 2 fits, T1 and respective meta modules please!

- Rigs allowed, not necessary.

- All kinds of fits allowed, pvp/fun/weird/crazy stuff, everything! We really had some magnificent fits last time around!

Misc Notes:

- Donations are very much appreciated! These can be prizes, isk, ships or mods. For prizes, you can decide what to give it out for! Iskies, please send these to Del DelVechio, mentioning it's for the FFA. Mods and ships can be contracted to Torve (me), these'll be added to the pool to hand out. Also take note of Klapen's post, if we gather 5 billion (donations to Del), he will do something really, really awesome in his unique Klapen Style ;).

- Ingame channel FFA Organizer is still up and running for ranting, sharing hilarious fits and stuff.

- Please, do not bring your own T2 ships to the event, this is not needed.

- It also helps to join the fleet and hop on comms, it's a blast.

- Events will return (Faction fleets last time), will be announced on comms, yes, you will die from them. No, you shouldn't care.

Prizes:

I don't need sleep!: Get the most kills in this event (honestly, do get some sleep though!), and get a Navy Scorpion, donated by Zakhs! Won by Rose Valora, with 1998 kills! Congrats!

Second Place: Second on total kills? No worries, you're not left out this time, you will get a fitted Ashimmu, donated by Galenwade! Won by Khador Vess, 1060 kills! Congrats!

Third time is the charm!: Third place is good for 4 fitted Faction frigates (one of each race), donated by Galenwade! Won by Angeylahdevi, 999 kills! Congrats!

First Blood: First kill (confirmed by killboard, unless very clear) after the start signal ;) will get a Daredevil, sponsored by Mangala! Won by Rose Valora, for the first killing blow of the entire event! http://rvbeve.com/pu...l&kll_id=440104

Lemming n° 1: Get the most losses in this event, and you get 100 Damage Controls II, sponsored by Mangala! Not compatible with most kills. Outside the top 3, Paul StClair had the most losses, which actually just proves he didn't warp off ;), congrats!

Amarr Victor!: Most kills in an Amarr frig gets you a Navy Omen, sponsored by Mangala! Won by Rose Valora, congrats!

Ducttape Warrior: Most kills in Minmatar frigs gets you a Stabber Fleet Issue, sponsored by Mangala!

Peace, bro.: Most kills in Gallente frigs gets you a Vexor Navy Issue, sponsored by Mangala! Won by Major Vincent, congrats!

Money talks.: So does a Caracal Navy Issue, get it with getting the most kills in Caldari frigates, sponsored by Mangala! Won by Durr22, congrats!

L33t Weekend Warrior: Get a kill on 13:37 Sunday (first kill with that timestamp) and get a set of CCP gift ships, donated by Galenwade! Won by Darrin Lann, congrats!

Receiving the love!: Get the loss mail with the most involved parties, in an FFA ship (one of the frigs). You'll get another Hug(inn), sponsored by Mangala! For this one, please submit loss mails if you think you have a chance, finding this out on a killboard is madness! Loss mails can be linked in this post, or mailed to me.

From Rookie to Vet: The NoobFleet member with the most kills, gets 100 T1 frigates of choices, T1 fitted if desired. Sponsored by the FFA team! Would appreciate some help from the NoobFleet leaders for this, if you could do a quick glance at the killboard to identify the winning member, that would be awesome! Galenwade added another 5 fitted Harpy's and 1 fitted Vengeance to the prize pool!

Random!: One of you will randomly get a Proteus, donated by Northern Misfit! I will use a random number generator for this, the person who's killmail is at that number, will be rather lucky! In essence, the more active people do have a higher chance, but everyone who participated in the FFA has a chance for this price, not bad, eh?

More prizes will be added very soon, still sorting them out!

Fitters:
Jayzo, 400 Gallente
Zine, 400 various
Tral, 200 various
xXDIESLEXx, 500 various
Peter Sibiro, 500 various
Jack, 1800 various
Random, 825 various
Jur, 600 Gallente
Targan, 700 various
Lucille, 1000 various
Dragon, 1600 various
Arjar, 1100 various
Mortis, 400 various
Jafa, 300 various
MaximusDog, 200 various
Rida, 700 various
Zakhs, 2000+ various
Baby Dady, 400 various
MarBer, 500 various
THEGENER4L4, 2200 various
Miri, 7000 various
Angeylahdevi, 1100 various
Telemachus, 500 various
Shaddai, 1000 various
Mourning, 200 various
Morphogenasis, 200 various
Agnar, 100 Kestrels
Antecanis, 100 Imicus
Machan, 77 Condors
Llewelyn, 500 various
Erik, 100 Rifters
Sindel Pellion (The Angel Project, thanks to Mangala!), 1000 fitted donated
Torve, 1000 various

Orca Pilots:
Zakhs (POS Overlord)
Random
Jack
Mactabilis
Zine

Industrial mass producers:
Del DelVechio
Northern Misfit
Mandelbrot
Random
Genevie Hilitari

Market PvP:
Peter

Subject to editing, and thank you for everyone who helped/will help us, you're awesome! :wub:

Posted Image

#2 Guest_Klapen_*

Guest_Klapen_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

ATTENTION:

hey hey look over here, no here, hi *waves hands* hi hi hi look at me

I have been talking with torve and he really wants to make this event happen and have some cool twists and mini events within the event (like those douches in the arbies) to it much like the last one (which was awesome).

I have pledge my support to torve to help him raise the funds needed for this event, we were talking and we came up with the figure 5b in isk to help fund the special events and such, but I said we need more of a incentive to get people to donate (by the middle-ish of jan, so he still has time to plan out things, so lets say jan 20th). So here it is:

If RvB Members donates 5b or more to this event and we reach our goal by jan 20th I will have a custom decal made of the RvB Shield-Logo made and I shall place it on the side of my truck ( the logo would be about 1/2 the size of the door) and drive around with it (+ upload a pic so everyone can see). B)

GO FU%*$@(# DONATE

#3 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11330 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Torve, nice post and all, BUT may I suggest you get it moved to General discussion until such time you do have a date, then make a more concise Events post just listing date/location/prizes - keep it simple and sweet given the laziness of the average joe in RvB.

Also I suggest you get a reddit account & a twitter account to spam about this once a date is settled on & bump the recruitment thread with full on details and links to previous affairs etc so as to hype the interest in a proper manner. (I could do all of this, but its above my pay grade these days)

#4 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6382 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I thought this firm had a professional publicity guy? ;) Specialzation of labour and all....
Posted Image

#5 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • 11330 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I thought this firm had a professional publicity guy? ;) Specialzation of labour and all....

Chief Information Office Ptygmit. (From the leadership post)

Then theres me, the loudest voice in the room when I feel the need.

I wont have a problem doing publicity if required, as I cam good at it, I just expect it done my way or not at all :D

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • 11330 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

In fact I may have already rough drafted things in my head.

#7 Mourning Souls

Mourning Souls

Derp

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Oh god, if CCP hasn't started to hate us this may do the trick.

I'll probably be there.

#8 K1ngp1nuk

K1ngp1nuk

Inquisitor

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
Recruit
  • LocationBelgium
  • Favorite Ship:Maller

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Klapen ,

There is still a 4 bil bounty on your head .
Jump into a clean pod and warp to me I'll pod you = 4 Bil bounty I'll donate it with pleasure to the good cause of Torve .

#9 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • 11330 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Klapen ,

There is still a 4 bil bounty on your head .
Jump into a clean pod and warp to me I'll pod you = 4 Bil bounty I'll donate it with pleasure to the good cause of Torve .

Doesnt work that way.

You need to explode something of his worth 20billion isk to get the 4b in 1 go.

#10 Catalyst XI

Catalyst XI

Abaddon

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec
  • Favorite Ship:Space Potato

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

YES! so much win! again!
Resident RvB bad

#11 Torve Starduster

Torve Starduster

Omen

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Recruit
  • LocationBelgium
  • Favorite Ship:Enyo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Klapen, awesome! Please donate any iskies for this to Del, mentioning it's for the FFA Klapen Project (pics,pics!!!)

And Mang, it's up here because we are already rolling with fitting ships, movining them, general preps. Just don't want too much stress with deadlines when the holidays are around the corner. Good idea for the publicity, although I'm not much of a twitter/facebook/voice chat/whatever type. Should really get over it, we'll need some more help blowing up 26k in a reasonable amount of time. Should you want to do publicity, please do it as you like.
Posted Image

#12 Zine Kel'thet

Zine Kel'thet

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Recruit
  • LocationMaryland, USA
  • Favorite Ship:Thorax
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Do you have ships and modules available to fit right now? I can start helping with that now. If not let me know when and I'll help out with fitting.

Also I will toss my alt into Zakhs corp as he now is trained for an orca. I'll also be thinking of some prizes. I feel with an event this big we need some seriously awesome prizes, and lots of them.

#13 Mandelbrot Fracture

Mandelbrot Fracture

'Always Drunk'

• RvB Member
  • 1759 posts
  • LocationShithole
  • Favorite Ship:Opux Luxury Yacht

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

hahahahahaha oh god you crack me up torve

2cysaz5.jpg

#14 Mandelbrot Fracture

Mandelbrot Fracture

'Always Drunk'

• RvB Member
  • 1759 posts
  • LocationShithole
  • Favorite Ship:Opux Luxury Yacht

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

oh yeh also, name a ship type or 2 and il get cracking on making them, also i think i have like 7500 guns and couple thousand other mods and stuff, maby even a couple mill ammo. No point doing the bantam brawls seems as these ffa's more than meet the quota. Also I have moved my enterprise to poinen so all good to go

2cysaz5.jpg

#15 Tral Fa'Mador

Tral Fa'Mador

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
Recruit
  • LocationWashington State
  • Favorite Ship:Rapier

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hit me up for fitting whenever stuff becomes available Torve. Always glad to help with these.
Posted Image

#16 The Dominus

The Dominus

Rupture

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:rifter

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Oh, its time to kill Torve again, and again..

I think ill build 200 incursuses or something, for that purpose alone..

Good times

signature.png

#17 xXDIESLEXx

xXDIESLEXx

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Vindibaiter
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Also I have moved my enterprise to poinen so all good to go

Ahhh so your the one competing against my market/indy toon -.-

Any wayzzz, start sending me ships to fit \o/

"Light travels faster than sound....... that is why some people appear bright until they speak"

#18 Peter Sibiro

Peter Sibiro

Raven

• Executive Coordinator
  • 1198 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationSiberia :)
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Torve, let me know how I can help this happen again!

I'm not a vet, but I think I can be helpful too. Things I can do:
  • Fitting (and fitting, and fitting... I can start with 100 ships batch and let's see what amount is going to break my mind or mouse)
  • Producing some T1 stuff (one of my alt has prod.eff 5 and mass,prod 4, as far as I remember. not very much, but can contribute some if I have good bpc. Or I can try to buy/borrow bpo for me)
  • Using my market alts and do some .01-trading on hubs to obtain more named t1 stuff (since some named mods are better and actually cheaper than meta0)
  • Donate ISKies (or buy something and contract to you. my abilities are not very powerful. just 100-200m, may be a bit more)
(Also, my wife is leaving the town this weekend. So I'll have around 48 hours of "doing nothing")
John Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?
Stanley Goodspeed: I'll do my best.
John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and bang the prom queen.
("The Rock" movie)

#19 Jur Heii

Jur Heii

Vengeance

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Recruit
  • LocationProper Finland
  • Favorite Ship:Imicus
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Oh god. Fitting the same 10% of the ships I did last time would mean 2600 ships for this event. I'll probably have to send my first list today to be able to make it :D

Posted Image

#20 Random McNally

Random McNally

Raven

• RvB Member
  • 1081 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

You have my sword.
Posted Image
Torve Starduster. The guy Chuck Norris wants to be like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users