Mass FFA 2, December 1st
Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:06 PM
You voted, you decided! Our next even will be an FFA again. This time in Poinen. And thanks to the royal support of Del, Northern Misfit and several others (I'll add you as soon as I know about it!) ships and mods will be available to hand out to help our fitters!
Whoa, what is this? In case you missed out on the first, the concept of this is 10000 fitted ships (or more) in a POS. On the night itself, these will be jettisoned. You warp to the POS, using a password to enter the shields, grab a ship and head out! When you die, you return and grab another, resulting in hours of wicked chaos! We will also use comms, EvE voice for now, so just fleet comms.
TIP FOR NEW CHARACTERS ATTENDING!: Train up each weapon skill (small energy, projectile, hybrid, missiles/rockets) to 2 or 3, this will greatly help you, as not each ship will have the traditional weapon (i.e. Punishers with autocannons). Everything will be tech 1 though, don't worry!
Where? This time, Poinen, top station. Poinen 1 -Moon 2- Spacelane Patrol Logistic Support. We will be setting up 2 POSes the 17th near this station. This is the earliest date possible due to standings.
How? Same as last time, we need people willing to fit ships for this. We will also need some Orca alts willing to join the corp Zakhs set up for this. If you want help with this, please let us know! Ships/mods available to hand out are posted later on in this post.
Note for fitters:
- You can either wait for ships to be produced (mods also available!), if you want some of these, please let us know how many/which ones. They will be contracted to you asap in the Poinen top station. Your second option is to fit ships you have lying around with stuff that has been collecting dust in your hangar. When you have finished fitting these, please contract/trade fitted ships to Zakhs! He will distribute them among Orca pilots and move them to the POS.
Note for Orca alts:
- If you want to help out with transporting ships to the POS, you will need to join the corp Zakhs has set up. This can only happen after the POSes are up (17th). You can also help with being online with the alt during the event, jettisoning ships as needed. As we found out, the grid has a limited capacity .
Fitting rules!!! IMPORTANT!:
- Any T1 Frig allowed.
- No ECM/Smartbombs!
- Include some ammo please, ideally 1 or 2 reloads. T1/Faction ammo allowed.
- No tech 2 fits, there weren't many, and these are not needed for this.
- Rigs allowed, not necessary.
- All kinds of fits allowed, pvp/fun/weird/crazy stuff, everything! We really had some magnificent fits last time around!
Ships/mods available to hand out: will be updated as soon as ships/mods are available. A lot of stuff is being produced by Del, Northern Misfit, Zakhs, Random. Thank you!
Amarr: 950 Punishers, 474 Tormentors, 552 Executioners
Caldari: 981 Kestrels, 1510 Merlins, 300 Condors, 0 Griffins
Gallente: 307 Tristans, 802 Incursus, 845 Atrons
Minmatar: 992 Rifters, 145 Slashers, 130 Breachers
Ammo/drones/mods: Just tell me what you have in mind, we have several thousands of every mod of any consequence.
- Ship donations are still welcome of course, they'll be added to the pool to hand out!
- Please people, do not bring your own ship this time, plenty will be available... also, we will keep combat to the belts/planets/sun. Fighting at stargates in Poinen will lead to confusion for passing RvB'ers in who knows what ship?
- The only occasion ships bigger then frigates or with ECM are allowed, is on one of the events. These will be announced on comms, and once one of these things land on grid, you will notice.
- The ingame chat channel FFA Organizer is still up, no password, feel free to join for a chat, updates, questions,...
- As the poll indicated a strong preference for FFA, we will go this way. If there is enough interest on the night itself, we can try out the Team Deathmatch concept for a while.
- There is not really a goal for the amount of ships this time. Assume it is 10k. This one is to say goodbye to our old beloved frigates, as these will be changed a few days after the even, never to be the same . For those curious, since we are setting up 2 POSes, our max capacity is 26000 fitted frigates, we will see that number in an event further down the line.
- King of the hill: Person with the most kills of the events gets: The Alliance Tournament X Slepnir flown by RvB's macgyver 3rd in the stomping of Get Off My Lawn from Xan!
- Most losses: Simple, die the most and get a Aliastra Catalyst from Random!
- RvB hates me!: Except for Animus, as he'll give a Navy Caracal to the person who manages to be the killmail (victim) with the most involved parties, cheers!
- Merlin Mastery V: Train it up! The person with the most kills in a Merlin, gets a Worm, Hawk and Harpy from Zine!
- Amarr Victor! Most kills in a clearly superior Amarr frig gets you an Omen Navy Issue from Targan!
- Corporate Greed: Most kills in a Caldari frigate gets you a Caracal Navy Issue from Targan!
- Freedom For All!: Be a democratic Gallente, most kills in a Gallente frig gets you a Vexor Navy Issue from Targan!
- I HAZ DUCTTAPE!: Most kills in a Minmatar frigate gets you a Stabber Fleet Issue from Targan! (if it survives transport in one piece)
prizes subject to change if tracking them would be impossible.
Random, 575 various
Animus, 250 Rifters
xXDIESLEXx, 200 Rifters, 100 Breachers
Targan, 1100 various
Tral, 290 Slashers, 100 Rifters
Jur, 1500 various
Phaedra, 105 Tormentors
Mizhir, 50 Merlins, 50 Slashers
Lucille, 1000 various
Zine, 1783 various
Y'talana, 400 various
Torve, 3399 various
Subject to a lot of editing, since I'm derping.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:48 AM
Other than that, looks great. I can't promise anything, but firmly intend to fit at least some of the Amarr ships or die trying. As far as the poll, I'll have to think on it for a bit, but I'll cast a number once I've considered likely scenarios
Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:09 AM
Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:39 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Thecla, the unpredictability of the fits really made this fun.
I'm going to have to agree to the "need some Tormentors" crowd.
God, I'm just a lemming.
( I did get some fun kills in a Breacher. Y NO Breacher?)
Torve Starduster. The guy Chuck Norris wants to be like.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:39 AM
FFA, no discussion possible
Also, idiotic/unpractical frigs were part of the fun, don't exclude those
i agree with this man. i hope for plenty of troll fits(they make it exciting every time you jump into another hull), i dont mind if you exclude realllllllly bad frigs like the bantam tho, because nobody is going to use them anyways. And yeah, FFA all the way, i dont want to be stuck calling primaries for 6 hours its also makes it much more hectic and hence fun!
Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:57 AM
For location I nominate osmon I'm sure the ice miners would appreciate thousands of wrecks and drones sharing their space.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:39 AM
As to the location: Abagawa was a fair distance, so it kept outside interference to a minimum. Maybe a pro/con there. If you need a moon to be opened up near the core systems, i've got alts that can take care of that if requested. It would be a simple matter to remove someone else's POS. I know otela and josemeto have all moons taken, not sure about poinen but 3j to jita tends to be prime property.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:11 AM
Keep it to an out of the way system as well, easier to track for prizes and general stats for advertising purposes.
Android magic posted this.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:14 AM
Make it an epic xmas blowout, we can advertise it much better on those lines too.
Android magic posted this.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:50 AM
FRIGATE CHANGES WOULD BE IN AS WELL
Would make the whole thing MASSIVELY more entertaining.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:52 AM
Moving to Poinen is a move suggested by Del. Your point is however valid, Mang. Poinen is closer, but also more busy and people can easily get caught in the middle of an event like this. Abagawa is a few jumps more, quiet system unless we crash it, although this is more challenging for logistics.
So far it looks like everyone is lining up for an FFA, keep the votes coming!
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:58 AM
I'll also do a bunch of advertising legwork (since no one else will), boost the RvB numbers a bit before it.
That does require video from the last one so folks who frapsed better show up with vidya!!!
Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:11 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users