Photo

Mass FFA, Rifters WILL blot out the sun!

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1 Torve Starduster

Torve Starduster

Omen

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Recruit
  • LocationBelgium
  • Favorite Ship:Enyo
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

Posted Image

Updated with prizes! Congratulations to all the winners! Let us know where you want your prize!

Took a while, but I think we've got a good idea what we're doing now, sorry for wall of text;

What? 10000 fitted T1 Frigs, in a POS, and a lot of hours of fun. Combat will happen systemwide (belts, planets,...). Comms will be http://rvbeve.com/fo...ndpost__p__4662 Mumble, the Ganked channel. Follow the link for how to download/install Mumble.

When/Where? Saturday, 3 November, 19:00 Eve Time, System is Abagawa, 4 jumps from both hq's. Zakhs has been very kind in setting up a POS there.

How? This is the special part, everyone can fit ships for this. The idea is to pool these all together, I want everyone's crazy ideas in one place! Pvp/fun/weird/crazy/... fits all allowed, the crazier, the better! On the night of the event, the general idea is that you pick a random ship, head out to get blasted, rinse and repeat. There are just a few simple rules regarding fittings;

- Any T1 Frig allowed.

- No ECM/Smartbombs!

- Please fit the majority of your ships T1, not only cheaper, more likely everyone can fly it.

- Include some ammo please, T1/T2/Faction, doesn't matter

- Rigs not needed, but allowed.

- Unfitted ships will be available as some people are donating these, please let me know if you need some of these.

Ok, I'll fit ships, now what? These ships will be transported with a freighter to Abagawa, then contracted to Zakhs corp (with the POS). Then the ships will be moved from station to the POS with an Orca. Update 2/10: Orca support is sufficient, thank you! Del has contacted me 2500 Rifters, if you need some ships to fit, let me (Torve) know and I'll contract them!

- Blues, contract ships to Mactabilis Maero, Torve Starduster
- Reds, contract ships to Cameron Zero, Zao Amadues, Torve
- If you want, you can transport the ships yourself ofc.
The Sukuuvesta Corporation Factory at Abagawa VII - moon 14, is the station to transport to! Contract fitted ships to Zakhs from this location!
For the contracts, please make it item exchange with a few days expiration, 860000m³ max capacity (= 30-ish fitted ships, a lot more packaged), some freighter pilots can haul more, please get into contact with your chosen freighter pilot to work it out!

Help needed:
- People attending/fitting
- Salvage team on the night of the event! If you have an alt that is not in RvB, feel free to clear the field a bit.

Notes:
- Prizes/ship donations welcome, if you wish to donate a prize, you decide what to give it for, be creative!
- If you'll (try to) attend, please let me know, also let me know if/how many ships you'll be fitting. I'll add you to the list, this is mainly to see how close we are to the 10k goal :)
- Ideas/suggestions/comments welcome!

Courtesy of Martin, he created an ingame channel, FFA organizers. No PW, feel free to use this for questions/fittings/swapping stuff/chat while fitting/...

Now, what will happen the night itself:

- A few hours before it all begins, the node will be reinforced (ideally at 16:00) and Zakhs will begin to jettison all the ships.

- At the start of the event, everyone will undock from station in a pod, rightclick on it, and "Enter Starbase Forcefield Password". The password will be given in RvB Community.

- You will then be able to enter the POS, Zakhs will have an Orca pilot online to warp to, so eventually we make a temporary fleet. You will now all be smartbombed, muahaha now all be able to enter a ship of choice and commence!

- As long as you do not DC, leave the system or eject from you ship the password will keep working. In short, you will be able to warp back inside the shield and grab another ship. Should you do any of the above, you just have to reset the password on your pod.

- Thank you to Zakhs for giving me this explanation, shame on me for being a retard and not asking earlier.

Schedule of the event:

Friday the 2nd: One of the kind directors/CEO's will ask CCP to reinforce Abagawa, starting from the 3rd 16:00 for a period of 12-ish hours, to be safe.

D-Day 16:00-19:00: Zakhs will begin to jettison the ships when the node is reinforced.

18:00: Fleet will be up, along with comms (Mumble!), people start to get drunk and stuff. Password will be decided, questions will be answered, overviews set right, etc.. Fleet only will be used to get everyone to the POS at the same time, after that, it'll be disbanded and we will use Mumble/ RvB Community chat channel.

19:00: Once everyone managed to enable the password on his/her pod (oh god) we will warp to the POS, pick a ship, and warp to a combat zone. The fun begins. A supply zone will be available should your ship have no ammo/you run out, just don't take too much. Combat zones will be Asteroid Belts (10), Stations (4) and Stargates (2). If enough people show, Planets (9) can be added. At the start of the event, fleet will be disbanded, chat channel to use is RvB Community, and if you wish voice chat is Mumble.

Prizes:

- Top Red: Well done! A Command ship of choice, or just 225 mill if that's more your thing! Sponsored by Mangala! Maybe a medal too? Winner: Y'talana Ktra'a contracted, enjoy!

- Top Blue: Well done! A Command ship of choice, or just 225 mill if that's more your thing! Sponsored by Mangala! Maybe a medal too? Winner: Mandelbrot Fracture contracted, enjoy!

- Most kills in 1 ship: You are unstoppable! Almost like an Armageddon. Like a Navy Issue Armageddon, sponsored by Mangala! Winner: Major Thrasher contracted, enjoy!

- Red that died first: ​Don't worry, 100 T1 Frigates of choice to compensate for it, sponsored by Mangala! Winner: Dracoth Simertet 100 Rifters, donated to next FFA, thank you!

- Blue that died first: Don't worry, 100 T1 Frigates of choice to compensate for it, sponsored by Mangala! Winner: Professor Clio

- Most losses: If you made it this far, you deserve a Hug(inn), sponsored by Mangala! Winner: Mandelbrot Fracture ​contracted, enjoy!

- What the...: 5 Killing blows with really idiot/fun fitted ship, might take a few days to find 5 killmails, so be patient! 5xTornado
1) Aisha Zuidde
2) Ringusworm
3) macH eoN
4) Stazia Krasavitza
5) Lance Visteen

- Yoink!: Most KB's with less than 10% of the damage done. Will get you one Zephyr packed with goodies from Mahal! Unable to get accurate info

- Hammer Bantam Time! Get the most KB's in a Bantam, and get a Navy Scorp from Zakhs! Moved to Mandelbrot's upcoming Bantam Brawl

- Disco Rifter: Most kills in a laser fitted Rifter will get you a Navy Slicer from Martin! Unable to get accurate info

- No guns for me!:
Get the most kills with missiles, and get a Caldari Navy BCU donated by Patrick and Lady Ayeipsia! Winner: Wiiggls

- Mandelbrot's Riddle Prize!: i will give 300 bantams 300 x2 guns, 300,000 rounds to whoever gets exactly 300 kills or losses whatever one it may be. if its more than 1 person then whoever has most kills in a bantam gets the prize. what a confusing lol (with a sparta pun"cough") prize. (copy/paste ftw, mate ;) ) Winner: xXDIESLEXx contracted, enjoy!

- Special Shiny!: This one's pretty awesome, get the most kills in a Rifter, and Xan will give you an authentic Sleipnir flown in the AT! That's a glorious piece of RvB history right there, don't you dare to sell it! Winner: Zine Kel'thet

- RvB's supreme whore: Get the most "kills", and generally appear on every mail with 0 damage. Stabber Fleet Issue from Torve. Winner:
Y'talana Ktra'a contracted, enjoy!

- FFA King of the Hill: Get the most killing blows in the entire event. Typhoon Fleet Issue from Torve. Winner: Major Thrasher contracted, enjoy!

- Amarr Victor!: Bring down those heretics, get the most kills in an Amarr frig. A Republic Fleet Gyrostab looted from the Heretics cold dead hands... or ships, whatever. Winner: Spochz Tyrnium contracted, enjoy!

- No love for Gallenteans? All the other races get a prize, so now you'll get a Navy Issue Exequror from Torve for the most kills in a Gallente frig. Winner: Rashino Zea donated to next FFA, thank you!

Attending (or trying to):
- Torve, fitting 1500 ships
- Mandelbrot, donating 1000 Bantams, unfitted, thank you!
- Juny, needs ships to fit
- Del, 2500 Rifters :blink:, and prize money, come up with crazy ideas! And thank you!
- Cameron, 150mm AC's/ammo, freighter alt
- Mangala, Firetails Rifters, 1 bill prize money, again, come up with ideas! Thank you!
- Galenwade, needs ships to fit
- Tral, fitting 250 Rifters from Del
- Random, Orca support, fitting 250 Rifters from Del
- Shaddai, donating 1000 Rifters, thank you!
- Zao, Freighter alt, ships
- Martin, Fitting ships from Shaddai, Salvage on the event
- Zakhs, POS Overlord! Orca support, ships, made this s*** possible! Fitted 4000/5000 ships so far!
- Mactabilis, Freighter alt
- K1ngp1nuk, 250 Rifters from Del, donated 1000 Rifters, thank you!
- Mr 5pock, 500 Rifters from Del
- Mahalleinir, 900 Amarr ships, 400 other frigs, thank you!
- Rashino, 200 Amarr frigs donated, thank you!
Posted Image

#2 Del DelVechio

Del DelVechio

Fleet Scythe

• Administrators
  • 6383 posts
Lieutenant Junior Grade  Member Reputation
  • Location(Vegas Baby!)
  • Favorite Ship:Armored Car

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Besides the 2500 Rifters indicated I would donate, I will also donate an as yet undisclosed sum of ISK (large) for prizes, once the type of prize is known. This is for someone else to decide.

Del
Posted Image

#3 Cameron Zero

Cameron Zero

Chimera

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts
Petty Officer 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPDX, OR, USA
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I can donate some (3000ish) 150mm Autocannons and an indeterminate amount of ammo to the cause.

EDIT:

I also have an alt what can fly a freighter (900k m3). I would suggest people move the hulls/modules/ammo to the station in system before assembling them, as this means fewer trips for the haulers. 4 jumps doesn't seem like a lot, until you're in a ship that turns slower than rock ages.

cameronzero.png
|-- Cameron Zero - Red Federation Noob --| |-- Zateki Zero - Blue Republic Noob --| |-- @zievarrenna --|
|-- EPIC Caracal vs Daredevil Double KO --|

#4 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11330 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

I will try and fit some rifters - and refit the stack I have lying around for you too.

I also pledge 1 billion isk to the prize fund. I will pass that over to you Torve on the day of the event :)

#5 Kazume Nakuo

Kazume Nakuo

Astarte

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationAustria
  • Favorite Ship:Crusader (for the looks!)
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

I also pledge 1 billion isk to the prize fund. I will pass that over to you Torve on the day of the event :)

I wonder where you keep getting that money???

Kazume_white_on_transparent.png

#6 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • 11330 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I made my money through missioning, trading, character sales (alot of it through that) and such like.

And now im 6 years old in eve and at that point where I am happy spending it.

Even if some of it has gone on resubbing a few alts for various things :)

#7 SaintCav

SaintCav

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • 964 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Favorite Ship:Tengu

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

I made my money through missioning, trading, character sales (alot of it through that) and such like.

And now im 6 years old in eve and at that point where I am happy spending it.

Even if some of it has gone on resubbing a few alts for various things :)

Mangala is an isk faucet didn't you know that?
RvB Char: SaintCav
Hauler Alt: Eviah
Posted Image

#8 Mandelbrot Fracture

Mandelbrot Fracture

'Always Drunk'

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts
  • LocationShithole
  • Favorite Ship:Opux Luxury Yacht

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

^^ Dodgy deals in the arse end of space if you ask me.

Yeh so count me in for minimum 1000 bantams, Will prob have fittings for you too, Completely depends on where Im at in real life due to moving country ect.

If any1 wants to volunteer fitting I will contract you Ships + fitting just let me know.

2cysaz5.jpg

#9 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • 11330 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

I would suggest people move the hulls/modules/ammo to the station in system before assembling them, as this means fewer trips for the haulers. 4 jumps doesn't seem like a lot, until you're in a ship that turns slower than rock ages.

Good idea.

I'll move stuff before sorting it out.

#10 Cameron Zero

Cameron Zero

Chimera

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts
Petty Officer 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPDX, OR, USA
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

900k m3 / 2500m3 (per frigate) = 360 frigate hulls per trip compared to the fraction of ships you can move fitted. Plus, it'll only take one or two freighters to haul all the modules, I'm sure.

Of course, if we REALLY want 10,000 frigates, we're looking at about 30 freighter loads to move them all. *shudder*

cameronzero.png
|-- Cameron Zero - Red Federation Noob --| |-- Zateki Zero - Blue Republic Noob --| |-- @zievarrenna --|
|-- EPIC Caracal vs Daredevil Double KO --|

#11 Galenwade

Galenwade

IT Guru

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationQLD
  • Favorite Ship:anything with guns

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

^^ Dodgy deals in the arse if you ask me.

Yeh so count me in for minimum 1000 bantams, Will prob have fittings for you too, Completely depends on where Im at in real life due to moving country ect.

If any1 wants to volunteer fitting I will contract you Ships + fitting just let me know.

Fixed that :)

I dont have any rifters left i have given them all away over time, Will see what else i can find to give :)
Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fencepost, you know he had some help
Alex Haley

#12 Tral Fa'Mador

Tral Fa'Mador

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
Recruit
  • LocationWashington State
  • Favorite Ship:Rapier

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Sounds like a blast, I dont have a frieghter alt, but I would be more then happy to help fit ships. Contact me in game. Thx
Posted Image

#13 Torve Starduster

Torve Starduster

Omen

• RvB Member
  • 190 posts
Recruit
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wow, great guys, thank you for all the support!

Indeed I would suggest transporting the ships packaged, if that's not possible, then it's only 30-ish a trip.
As we have like, 3500 unfitted ships already (awesome), there are plenty to go around for the people who would like to fit some!
Updating original post with "unimportant" information like station to ship to... <_<
Posted Image

#14 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • 11330 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Torve, I'll mull over prize ideas after this weekend is out of the way.

I'll also do a bit if publicity for this event for you.

#15 Torve Starduster

Torve Starduster

Omen

• RvB Member
  • 190 posts
Recruit
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Much appreciated Mang! Btw guys, since this event will probably go on for a long time, some special stuff needs to happen. I've got a few surprises in store, but if you got some sick ideas, bring em on! Just try not to get people podded...
Posted Image

#16 Random McNally

Random McNally

Raven

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • LocationEagan, MN
  • Favorite Ship:Merlin

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

As I recall, rigged and fitted ships can be put into courier contracts. (I've done this before moving from one region to another)

What would be of benefit would be to have ships fitted in whichever station is convenient to everyone and then courier contract them over to someone to have them moved to a station in the system where things will be taking place.

I was thinking about having a little fun by setting up a bunch of ships (mostly of the rarely used flavors, mostly for shits and giggles) but cannot mass the numbers you boys are throwing around. Being space poor can be the suck sometimes.

I'll assist in assembling ships as needed.
Posted Image
Torve Starduster. The guy Chuck Norris wants to be like.

#17 Rayemmi B'tes

Rayemmi B'tes

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • 943 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Rifter

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

It would be best to ship all the hulls to the system where the fight will occur, THEN assemble them. Otherwise the orca/freighter pilots will put a bullet in their heads :P
Posted Image

#18 Shaddai Zenjii

Shaddai Zenjii

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 177 posts
Recruit
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:Wolf

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I have an Orca alt so would be happy to help move stuff.
Contracts to Loki Thuri'saz of 'Culture Exploration & Trading Inc' based at BHQ

My shift patterns changed on the 8th to nights but I can log on each day to move stuff during the week and anytime at weekends.

Also donating 1000 unfitted Rifter hulls
Posted Image

#19 Zao Amadues

Zao Amadues

Rifter

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Recruit
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Favorite Ship:the one shooting you
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

i can move stuff, alt with max freighter skills and charon, also orca to move things out to the pos, i am also willing to build/donate a metric fuck ton of frigates! hit me up in an eve mail or on here to let me know what you would like me to do to help.
Posted Image

#20 Martin Blitz

Martin Blitz

Velator

• RvB Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Assault Frigates/ Interceptors

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

I will also be donating my time to Fit and also to Salvage all I can and what ever modules I can build up to few days before the event. I am currently running Tracking enhancers for Cameron for RvB, but I can move them over to that system for Shits and Giggles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users