Media folks of RvB, RvB members with friends with media skills, RvB (and anyone else who cares to chip in) wants to give you PLEX!
If you do not live under a rock, CCP just released their new trailer for EVE: This is EVE. And its a douzy! Easily the best trailer they have done. Period.
RvB would like something similar.
Now we have in the past used the name This is RvB for a video that Catalyst XI made for us. Said video is bloody awesome - and always will be, but the game has moved on since then and so has RvB, so lets update that and make a new one given we've moved into our FIFTH year!
So what do we want?
We want a video, no longer than 5 minutes.
Must feature RvB action, comms, big fights, small fights, big ships, little ships.
Has to be epic.
RvB media must be included (our logos etc as found here)
Must include our website address: www.rvbeve.com
Apart from the above, go fucking crazy and make it as good as you can. Does not need to be called "THIS IS RvB" as you can imagine every EVE video for the next few months is going to try the THIS IS.. thingy.
What do you get?
10 Plex from RvB for the winning video
3 Plex from Mangala for the winner up
2 Plex from Mangala for the 1st runner up.
2 Plex from Mangala for the 2nd runner up.
When do we want these by?
I want to give you all plenty of time to capture footage/comms and so on, so your deadline is 11.00 UTC December 22nd. This will be followed by a poll in this thread of all submitted videos. The poll will run to December 31st. Following which the winner will be announced on New Years Day.
Need inspiration - or hell more footage to "borrow", see the RvB Youtube Playlist I try to maintain, and the RvB Ganked playlist I also maintain. Additionally if you have questions, or queries, post in this thread.
192 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by Lasse R Farnsworth )
639 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by Rebbeca Neresh )
Greetings fellow internet spaceship pilots. I'm going to run two Free For Alls events with destroyers (and some frigates for the Mk II version). All ships will be fitted and provided for free.
800 fitted destroyers (Catalysts, Coercers, Cormorants and Thrashers) will be available at two poses in Poinen. All are buffertanked and fitted with afterburners, scrams and shortrange guns.
The Mk II version will also feature a few hundred attack frigates.
The Mk. I version will start at 10:00 evetime on Friday November 28th.
The Mk II version will start at 21:00 evetime on Sunday November 30th.
Both events will end when we run out of ships.
The ships are provided at two poses in Poinen, one for Red and one for Blue. Main fight will be at Nomaa gate in Poinen.
- Be in Poinen.
- Join the purple fleet named Gunboat Mayhem. I will start it 15 mins before the event begins.
- Undock in your pod.
- In the MOTD, there will be a person functioning as a warp-in to the pos for your corp. Warp to him.
- You should land inside the pos forcefield, close to two Ship Maintenace Arrays named Mayhem I & II.
- Right click on one of the Ship Maintenace Arrays and select "Access Vessels". It should open a window with all the ships available in the Array.
- Right click on one of the ships and select "Board Ship".
- Go fight. When you die go back to 4.
Things to note:
- This is a Free For All event. It means that you can (and are supposed to) also shoot members of your own corp.
- All destroyers are fit with a buffer tank, afterburner, scram and shortrange guns. I tried to balance DPS to Tank ratio while also considering their speed and range of their guns.
- The Mk II version will also have a few hundred attack frigates available. The Condors and Executioners are fitted with a tracking disruptor. They are supposed to use their speed advantage to stay just outside range of the destroyer's guns but within scram range while slowly wearing the tank of the destroyers down.
- The Atrons and the Slashers will have a web fitted. With autocannons and blasters fitted they will be able to out DPS the Executioners and The Condors by a fair margin. But if they come within the range of the destroyers they will melt away very fast.
- All fits have very low skill requirements, but for the frigates to work as intended you will need some decent skills.
- If you are are very low SP player and find that you repeatedly gets ganked by higher SP players, you can use the "RvB NoobFleet" channel to setup your own small fight arena with other low sp players.
- If you prefer 1v1s, use the "RvB Fight Club" channel to find likeminded players to fight.
- Don't bring your own fits or change the fits. This includes changing the types of ammo provided. All ships have enough ammo for 10 mins of continuous fire. If you stay alive for more than this, you are doing it wrong.
- You are allowed to dock up and rep modules and your ship.
- You are allowed to warp out of a fight to stay alive. All ships has a scram fitted. Use it to prevent your target from warping out.
- Implants: You don't need them. I've tried to balance the fits as much as possible. Running in Pirate sets or Genos would ruin the balance and make the event less fun for everyone else.
Hope to see you there!!!
118 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by Mangala Solaris )
Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:48 PM
So with Rhea on the way i thought we could give this last go a Mighty finish. We will have rounds i dont believe any ffa has had along with prizes that may shock you. I understand the short notice but Ill make it work if the community supports it.
So what time is it???? Its time for another FFA Ophelia Style with more prizes and rounds.
-If your new This event is round based each round presenting itself with specific ship types. The top 5 last standing each round along with any random people are granted prizes from isk to ship hulls. So save those dates so you can come out laugh , have some tea, and watch explosions on your screen as chaos unleashes.
-Are you new and don't think you have what it takes? Well no worries we want to see new faces and these events aren't about the prizes.. They are really a learning experience. So come out and you may just win a prize for no reason. RvB is about having fun and making it more then a corp.. It's about learning and the experiences you have that make eve worth playing.
-For any new rvbers and pvpers that come out i will have free ship hulls for you just for coming out.
ALWAYS REMEMBER :THE MORE PEOPLE WE HAVE , THE MORE PRIZES I CAN GIVE OUT!!
- Please note that every round will have about an hour in between them.
Venture ship FFA!
time/date: , November 29th/17:00 , Josemento
Round two,three, and four:
time/date: November 29th/ 18:00|19:00|20:00 , Josemento
Round five and six:
time/date: November 29th/ 21:00|22:00 , Josemento
- any cruiser is allowed even tec twos. Only cruisers not allowed are tec threes.
Battle Cruiser FFA
time/date: November 29th/ 23:00, Josemento
Rules:(Bring what your heart desires)
1) You must fly tec one ships(no tec two's unless stated in the round description) ... you can bring factional ships
2) For the frig rounds you can only have one rep on your ship. Multiple reps will disqualify you.
3) Fits must abide by RvB rules(no illegal ewar)
4) NO Complaining about lost ships or mods. Only fly what you can afford to lose and not get back.
5)Once you pop you can warp back to field at 100km in a rookie ship.
6) No cloaks .. In order to win you have to be shoot-able from the beginning to the end
7) Please do not warp to myself or anyone helping me set up for the next round unless told otherwise between rounds
8)NO WARPING OFF ONCE THE FIGHT COMMENCES
- warping off will result in total elimination of the round
****note i will close the advert once the competition starts and it will not start until everyone in fleet is on field and visible. This way we cant have anyone join last second and win. The rest of the rules will be explained before it starts.
Round3: Exequor Navy Issue
Round4: Pirate Frig of your choosing
Round5: Armageddon Navy Issue
-random prizes go to 2nd , 3rd , and 4th and 5th place winners
-all loot will be collected and given back to rvb to help make more ships to be put up on contracts. If you do wish to donate your special items on your ship it must be established before the fight starts.
- Random ship giveaways and isk giveaways will be done throughout the fights
As you can see many people have donated prizes for this event, however this does not mean I will not accept MORE. So contract or donate isk to me today!
~2,202,000,000 isk (ships)
~1,000,000,000 isk (isk)
- This is a non profitable event. Every donation will be given out. If you can donate anything It would be appreciated. Your donation will not go unheard either.
If you can donate please donate them at the Josameto III station preferably to Ophelia Yotosala. If you cant donate at that station please at least donate in RvBs four main systems. Thank you
377 Views · 20 Replies ( Last reply by Ophelia Yotosala )
Holy mother of mercy! That's right, the popular Battlecruiser Lightning Thunder ((BLT) (…also known as Bacon Lettuce and Tomato) event will not be the only weekly hull reimbursement brawl each week.
The all new Cruiser Lightning Thunder ((CLT) (…also known as Chicken Lettuce and Tomato), two of them, will also be added throughout the week. This gives RvB more action packed events throughout the week. All t1 battlecruiser hulls will be replaced for BLT (Apart from tier 3 and Gnosis hulls). All t1 cruiser hulls will be replaced for CLT. So insure your ship and you could effectively make a profit on each loss! How cool is that!
The introduction of the reimbursed CLT events is a result of your hard work in helping us continue to maintain our POCO empire... All RvB profits go straight back to the community, POCO income is a large part of our revenue.
Without further ado, here is the weekly schedule for our reimbursed events:
BLT Jr - Battlecruiser Lightning Thunder (US TZ) - 02:00 EVE Time (UTC) Saturday - rotates with a Cruiser event every other week.
FFF - Free Frigate Frenzy (US TZ) - 02.00 EVETime (UTC) Thursday
So stockpile those fleet cruiser hulls each week and get ready for the event(s) during your playtime.
FC volunteers for various time zones are on a first-come first-served basis. A command member (or registered FC) present for the event will need to start a thread in the reimbursement section of the events forum after the fight ( Then members can post their losses for hull replacement.
RvB, the worst mining corp in New Eden.
2,915 Views · 16 Replies ( Last reply by Mangala Solaris )
RvB in Social media: Follow @rvbeve