• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Recruit
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Favorite Ship:Vexor
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

ORIGINAL POST

Any RvB'ers out there feel like joining me in a fantasy football league for 2012?

If you think I'm talking about the game where the player can't touch the ball with their hands(as the americans in your corp would call soccer), you're sorely mistaken as I am talking about the NFL in America.

Good, now that the thread smells considerably better with all the Europeans and Australians missing we can begin.  :D

With the start of the NFL season a little over a month away I figure there is no better time than now to start gauging interest on a fantasy league. Now, in the interest of keeping the league exciting for the entire fantasy year I'd like to propose some guidelines for entry.

• Be prepared to play an entire fantasy season. Goes without saying right? Why would someone sign up for such a thing and end up not playing the entire year. Well this is not my first time setting up a league between friends and every single time come week 7/8 someone has a roster with players on bye going into a match. Needless to say that kind of ruins the competitive nature of the league and tears tend to flow. If you haven't played in a fantasy league before I'm not calling you out saying you can't play, but you had better be prepared to spend a little time on your team EVERY SINGLE WEEK after the season starts and until it ends.
  • Be willing to stay in RvB for the entire season. This is a big one and probably going to be the toughest to actually make happen so I'll say this; If you promise me you are going to be with RvB for the football season I will believe you and if it happens that you leave AT LEAST stick around the forums for the trash talk, we can all manage that much at least right?
  • Put a non-nominal amount of isk into a prize pool for happy fun winning time and the like. I'm hoping that this can be AT LEAST 100m. Realistically the more we put down each the more exciting it will be week to week. The number I'm really aiming for is 500m but we will see how many people turn up with deep pockets.
  • Be able to spend a afternoon/night(US timezone) in late August dedicated to the draft. Nothing makes for a sour start more than having 3 people on auto-draft during the live draft of a league. I will do my absolute best to get a time that works for everyone but flexibility here is key. It will also likely be on a weekend since that tends to work best for everyone. More to come on this if there is interest.

Guidelines subject to change without warning and should be followed as if they were the 10 commandments. The op reserves the right of refusal and is in no way responsible for any tears spilled, butts hurt, or fantasy dreams destroyed in the process. Your trash talk is your own and should be kept within the spirit of RvB unless of course the guy right above you on the waiver wire grabs the player you were going to get, seriously fuck that guy!

It would be so cool if we could get half red and half blue players in this so we can have a red division and a blue division but realistically I will take whatever dedicated players I can get!(key words DEDICATED!!) Now, it is in my humble opinion that the perfect fantasy league is a 10 player, snake draft, non-ppr with a fairly normal roster and points. Of course if we get 12 x's and you all seem dedicated enough well then we will do a 12 player season wont we! I would also like to use NFL.com for the league but honestly before we get into the nitty-gritty too much I'd like to see a bunch of x's.

So if you're still reading and you feel like this is something you'd like to be a part of, please drop and x with a little about both your RvB AND fantasy football careers, I will try to provide a good example. Any questions?

Edits:

Red division

• Zerge Bacon
  • Maximus Powerz
  • Arjar Ammar
  • Mangala
  • Scrivet

Blue division

• Thecla Elarik
  • Treberius Azure
  • kodohumper
  • Tim Pest
  • Talon Calais

Draft date: Sept. 1st - 19:00 EvE Time (3pm EST)

Draft order / Trade budget

• Talon Calais/ 120m
  • Treberius Azure / 120m
  • Thecla Elarik / 120m
  • Zerge Bacon / 120m
  • Scrivet / 120m
  • Arjar Ammar / 120m
  • Maximus Powerz / 120m
  • kodohumper / 120m
  • Mangala Solaris / 120m
  • Tim Pest / 120m

On trading & ISK - A maximum of 120million isk is allotted to each team(of their personal stash) to use or not use in making trades. In the interest of fairness any trades including isk in the process will need to have a post by one of the parties in this thread. 25% of ISK traded will go into the pot(rounded up to a million).

Normal trades will proceed normally - 1. nfl.com offer/counter-offers 2. An offer is accepted and league is emailed 3. nfl.com has a vote and 4. if it goes more north than south after a period(3 days?) then the trade goes through.

The only addition to this process for ISK will be right after an offer is finally accepted by either party; 2a. Either team makes a post in this thread detailing the player/isk transfers ASAP 2b. Any isk involved is transferred to me. If the trade goes through I will pass the isk along, minus the cut to the pot, and record the new prize/team totals. If it doesn't go through all isk will be returned in full to both parties.

On trades and the vote - Don't vote down trades willy-nilly, I don't know how much of this we will even get but if you see a suspicious trade going through, do a little research and if it still feels sour vote no then make your voice heard here(cross posting to the nfl msg board is good too). A trade getting down voted should be something the league as a whole knows it's doing.

With all that being said if you're newish to fantasy be careful accepting offers and I would suggest doing so only to fill out major gaps in your roster, just my 2 ISK.

Now for the money! (Link to original post)

Total pot - 2 billion

Regular season
Weekly high score team - 1% per week = 13%

All red cross - Team left with the most players hurt throughout the season. 2% (Will evaluate based on final team composition, players must have missed at least one game. If one team grabs a bunch of players that are/were hurt at the end for this prize I reserve the right to miscount that teams injured players.)
The blowout - Largest margin of victory - 2%
Close call - Smallest margin of victory - 2% (of 1 or more)
Hot dawg! - Highest scoring game by a player IN LINEUP - 1% (team who owns player at time of matchup gets paid)
Domination - Best team record - 2%
High flying - Highest scoring team - 2%

Playoffs
10th place - medal -+- need a good name for this!
Saving face - 9th place, for winning the last place bowl - 1%

3rd place - 10% + medal
2nd place - 25% + medal
1st place - 40% + medal

Edited by Zerge Bacon, 04 August 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#2 Zerge Bacon

Zerge Bacon

Drake

• RvB Member
  • 467 posts
Recruit

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

X!

Call me Bacon! Been with RvB since last October and haven't looked back. Been with Red the entire time but if this league generates interest I will likely go to whichever color will make us have nice and even divisions!!(also I'm due for some time with blue =P)

Been playing fantasy football for 4 years now but have yet to bring home a title =(. Last year I finished second in my 100$ league and brought home more winnings than the champion but still a title is my main goal!

Edit: go Steelers!!

#3 Tim Pest

Tim Pest

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Rifter
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

X I am the CEO of blue at the moment...not going to go through my RvB history (but everybody else should! Do as I say, not as I do, right?). Unless we have a coup I will be around through the football season.

I have literally no fantasy football experience but I am a big Giants fan so I spent a lot of my time last season throwing things and the other half celebrating. I am from the Bay Area so wearing my Giants' shirts around I get a lot of horrible looks, particularly after the NFC champtionship last year. Lol. I don't have time to watch EVERY NFL game but I try to watch as many as I can and am totally down to get into this!

P.S. Cowboys suck.

timpestv5.png

A-hole - Likely AFK - Future Alcoholic

#4 Lasse R Farnsworth

Lasse R Farnsworth

Raven

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:The shiny one
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

As i do som photography for the german National Football Teams i would be interessted to learn more about this game (i know .. standing on the Field with an All Areas Pass and no knowlege is wierd but it is the truth ;) ) but i think i will just be reading this ... Timezones and stuff ...
Posted Image

#5 Cameron Zero

Cameron Zero

Chimera

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3391 posts
Petty Officer 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationPDX, OR, USA
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

P.S. Cowboys suck.

You and I, friend, are going to have words...

cameronzero.png
|-- Cameron Zero - Red Federation Noob --| |-- Zateki Zero - Blue Republic Noob --| |-- @zievarrenna --|
|-- EPIC Caracal vs Daredevil Double KO --|

#6 Tim Pest

Tim Pest

Astarte

• RvB Member
  • 954 posts
  • Favorite Ship:Rifter

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35mf3h/

timpestv5.png

A-hole - Likely AFK - Future Alcoholic

#7 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11330 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Lol handegg.

#8 kodohumper

kodohumper

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:rifter

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Would it be possible to schedule the draft so that us EU folk don't have to stay up any later than 2.a.m.? Or at least have it on a saturday/friday so that I don't have to fall asleep at my desk at work.

Here we go Steelers here we go!

#9 Relentless Jim

Relentless Jim

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationMiddle England
  • Favorite Ship:Anything Amarr

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

We actually do have a game like this in the UK and it's called Rugby. We don't wear any protective gear and we are allowed to punch each other in the face!!!!!! NFL is just a bunch of girls running about :D

Donning flame suit :)

Jim

#10 Kazume Nakuo

Kazume Nakuo

Astarte

• Friend of RvB
  • 795 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Favorite Ship:Crusader (for the looks!)
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

If you think I'm talking about the game where the player can't touch the ball with their hands(as the americans in your corp would call soccer), you're sorely mistaken as I am talking about the NFL in America.

This one's a bit older, but ... ye ... just true!

Kazume_white_on_transparent.png

#11 Thecla Elarik

Thecla Elarik

Revelation

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2692 posts
Crewman 1st Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Cyclone

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Screw you Bacon this European probably watches more NFL than all of you combined :) I even managed to catch Chargers @ Jets at the New Meadowlands last season

I may be interested in this, shall poast more when not at work.

#12 Arjar Ammar

Arjar Ammar

Dominix

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts
  • LocationBonnie Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:Rupture

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

X - can do this if as has been mentioned the draft is on a weekend.

This alt is in RvB for the long haul - not getting much game time just now because of RL, but as work winds down it'll pick up.

Fantasy experience only a couple of years and yes I rage quit on one of them when the organiser changed the rules mid season, but that's the only thing that'll make me not carry it through to the end of the year.

RL experience 14yrs playing the game and having a blast, oh and R Jim, having played both American Football and Rugby I can say quite categorically they are a different game with the only similarity being the shape of the balls so to speak.

American Football really is a collison sport not a contact sport.

#13 Scrivet

Scrivet

Sabre

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Recruit
  • LocationLexington, KY
  • Favorite Ship:Elite Gallente Frigate Wreck

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

X - Interested in RvB fantasy football. I've been in RvB over a year, and no plans to change. I have played fantasy football for quite a while (14-15 years, I think), and served as commissioner for a lot of that time. Regarding the entry fee, I'm fine with 500m or whatever else the group decides.

Silly rule request: I think anybody in the fantasy league should be required to name their ships after players on their team for the duration of the season. I think that seeing "Peyton Manning's wreck" 30 km off a stargate would have a certain poetry to it.

#14 Dragon Venom

Dragon Venom

Revelation

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2939 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Go Giants!!!

Have no experience in this fantasy thing and only watch Super Bowl games :) Might enter for the hilarity :)
Posted Image

#15 Garron Flintex

Garron Flintex

Rupture

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Recruit
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Favorite Ship:Incursus
  • Race:Amarr

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

X. I may be up for this - but I'm going to need to do a ton of homework beforehand!
I've been in RvB well over a year now and I'm not planning on doing you all a favor and leaving just yet!

I played football at Uni for two years and took part in a fantasy league both seasons - I was utterly terrible but my knowledge is slowly getting better!
Posted Image

#16 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11330 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Fuck it.

Cant convert them to Cricket or Rugby Union, then best join em.

Im in, and I really am not going anywhere else tbh :)

Edit: I have done the odd NFL FF before with other communities I have been a part of ;)

#17 tgl3

tgl3

Vagabond

• Friend of RvB
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPandemic Horde
  • Favorite Ship:Myrmidon

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

wtf is this hand-egg malarky.

#18 Zerge Bacon

Zerge Bacon

Drake

• RvB Member
  • 467 posts
Recruit

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Here we go Steelers here we go!

For a buddy in Black n Gold, I think we can make something happen!

Screw you Bacon this European probably watches more NFL than all of you combined :) I even managed to catch Chargers @ Jets at the New Meadowlands last season

Haha you all know I'm joking! Although I highly doubt you watch more than me!

Im surprised already with the amount of push back for this. Of course we can manage a earlier time on the weekends for our friends across the pond!

Nothing official like yet but 19:00 eve time on a sat would probably work well for euro guys yes? Thats about 3PM EST so 12noon PST and 7pm ish on the rainy island? They normally go about 2-2.5hours if you stick around for the whole thing.

Might enter for the hilarity :)

For those of you feeling like this, I'd ask you to hold out and see if we can't fill up a 10 man league with super serious people first.
BUT if you are serious about wanting to try fantasy for your first time, do a bit of homework to see what it entails, run a few mock drafts and by all means join if you can manage the couple hours a week of homework that fantasy demands.

#19 Zerge Bacon

Zerge Bacon

Drake

• RvB Member
  • 467 posts
Recruit

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

You and I, friend, are going to have words...

Aww it sounds like cameron needs a hug...not now though, let's wait until the season starts and Romo gets on the field =P. Thats when Cameron will need us most!

#20 Maximus Powerz

Maximus Powerz

Vagabond

• Friend of RvB
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Favorite Ship:Deimos

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

P.S. Cowboys suck.