Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:wolf
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

So I'm thinking of taking over a low sec system. I have absolutely no idea about anything PI I've tried googling but but can't find any good info.

So the plan is to take down all structures in a low sec system then put my own ones up 😉 does anybody do this in low sec?

What moons should I be looking for? How many structures would I need? What skills? Is it worth it?
I have loads more questions but this is a start. Is there an up to date thread with all these new structures and stuff?

Thanks for the help?

#2 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Favorite Ship:Mobile Blaster Unit
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

We have wh for this, and tutoriasl threads, :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
"Remember That You Must Die"
RvB Bannersmall

#3 Zoranbaconcheese

Zoranbaconcheese

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Recruit

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

I thought low sec was better for this? + I have done my time in WH and don't really wanna move back 😘

#4 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:31 AM

They are better, except moving in
Higher yield, and a HS static makes exports safe and easy

RvB Bannersmall

#5 Atticus Ventri

Atticus Ventri

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
Recruit
  • LocationLiverpool
  • Favorite Ship:Catalyst

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:27 AM

I PI in Low and wh. Wh is alot better than Low, and even interplanetary logistics (taking one material to another planet for Tier 2/3/4 production) is safer in wh simply due to the lower population

#6 Zoranbaconcheese

Zoranbaconcheese

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Recruit

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

How much isk u make? I take it you use the new engineering structures?

#7 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:23 AM

You dont need ECs, still just pocos, but 2-400 mil or more per character per month is easy

RvB Bannersmall

#8 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Vagabond

• Tournament Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Stealth Bomber

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:39 PM

I've returned to Eve recently after a 6 month or so hiatus and I've dusted off my old PI spreadsheet wondering if it was still worth it. TLDR is yes, PI is still an easy passive way of making money and I would still recommend this over other passive activities (like industry) if you have an extra character slot that's garthering dust for several reasons:

1. It's a very steady source of income. Even after 3 years, the prices of PI products are largely unchanged and it brings in just about the same amount of isk as it used to. Maybe if the Chinese migrate from Serenity and decide to do massive amounts of PI that could change (crash the market price), but other than that it should stay steady for a loooooong time.
  2. You never have to look at the market and decide what to produce, worry about blueprints, etc. You set your factories up once and forget about the what and hows. You just reset extractors and haul it to jita when your storage is full.
  3. The way I've set up my PI is maximum lazy mode. I reset extractors once per week. This takes only 2 minutes per character and it gets me between 1500-1700 P2 per planet per week (max skills)
  4. Ballpark estimate is roughly 15m isk worth of PI per planet,per week. If you have 6 planets (max skills) that's 90m per week per character for just 2 minutes of work.  Remember you still have to haul your stuff out to jita once per month, so it's not just those 2 minutes, but all things considered you will earn 300-400m per character per month for about an hour of work total.

Downsides and requirements:

1. Keep in mind the above numbers are from PI in a wormhole (one with very good planets). Lowsec planets are a lot worse for PI. Nullsec planets vary from okay to excellent (depends on truesec) but have an extra downside: it's a lot more difficult to get your shit to Jita (jump freighter cuts into your profits, and good luck going through null in an industrial).
  2. Wormhole = your hauler may get blown up once in a blue moon. Deal with it, it's a 5m epithal.
  3. The PI characters have to stay in the wormhole to reset the extractors and stuff, so you can't do anything else with them really.
  4. The big limitation: PI doesn't truly scale on a single character. You can only have so many extractors/factories on one planet and they can only produce so much stuff per month. You have to create new PI characters if you want to get more value out of this activity. If your account is full you'll need a new one, which means you have to plex it (alpha's can't do PI). Plex is 2b right now (what the fuck :blink: ) so you will never make your money back with PI alone (300-400m * 3 characters < 2b) UNLESS you pair this with a skill extractor farm. Problem is, a skill farm has significant startup costs. There's only two real options. One, you wait half a year for the alpha training to get a character to 5m skillpoints, then plex the account and start training PI skills. Two: injecting (or buying a 5m character), which is expensive af but you can get your PI started immediately. Either way will not return your investment any time soon.

If you have any other questions lemme know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users