• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1027 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:53 PM

As of the community meeting on Saturday.

The vote was to Bring RvB up to speed with the rest of Eve and declassify the ecm and podding rule.

These rules can be changed back if its found to have a damaging effect.

Two votes were discussed,

ECM due to the new mechanics in game it's no longer as bad as it was.

Vote was 100% for Allowing rule to be dropped.

The podding rule due to instant jump clone in home HQ stations learning implants can be swapped out when logging into the game and then swapped back when logging off.

There will be Srp put in place by vets if a new bro forgets to change over clones but This will be handed out once ( Learning implants only up to +4). If you haven't learned by then you not gonna get very far in eve I'm afraid.

This Went to vote and 2 people objected for the reason of people pod hunting. All I can say to that is you should be in a empty clone anyway. Any kind of an advantage over your opponent is still an advantage how ever you dress it up!

Regarding when these effects kick in will follow in a later post. We are hoping in time for the Crimson Harvest but not yet confirmed!

This is you first early warning what is happening so you have time to learn how to use such modules or learn how jump cloning in a Citadel etc works.

I will be asking metal jack to Run a class on ECM and how it works etc ( he is very good at teaching)

I will be running through how to arrange jump clones and use of citadels. Good clone management etc.

Cheers Nitro

#2 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:maulus
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:41 PM

-gets out of slaves then makes quad plate prophecy-

THIS IS EVE ONLINE!! = https://i.imgur.com/jj16ThL.jpg

Chess is the perfect Metaphor for Life: There are many clearly bad Moves but so FEW clearly good ones..

You don't like that people can use Expensive implants and ships or don't want to learn the counters? Ok, that's fine, bye. This IS EVE ONLINE.

#3 Hooligan Anstian

Hooligan Anstian

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Recruit
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Favorite Ship:Thrasher

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

Yes! Finally i can use the 20 Griffins i made for the war against Eve Uni a few years ago!

#4 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 675 posts
Recruit

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:03 PM

In before people leaving blank pods around as bait..

-oh look his pod is 30 km off gate and not moving, meh must be blank- :D

EDIT: WTB Low Slot ECCM, thanks CEE CEE PLZ.. :(

Chess is the perfect Metaphor for Life: There are many clearly bad Moves but so FEW clearly good ones..

You don't like that people can use Expensive implants and ships or don't want to learn the counters? Ok, that's fine, bye. This IS EVE ONLINE.

#5 Kethen T'val

Kethen T'val

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:Flycatcher

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

Ok my thoughts on the implant thing. I havent felt their impact much for a few months actually though I do understand that they are an issue for newer pilots. Where they are felt is in small gang RvB fights of about 5v5 and less, where one pilot can tank the full force of the enemy gang... ahem^^

Simple truth is that whoever wants to sit in any kind of implants, will do it.

With this rule we are also inviting bad and boring elements like instafits and smartbombers for no real change in implant usage.

So in light of the possibility of seeing shitty gameplay elements in our daily RvB life while no hope of achieving a worthwhile change in implant use my vote falls on:

-Keep the no podding rule it as it is.

or

-Ban low-HG implants but keep the no podding rule.

#6 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1398 posts
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Favorite Ship:Mobile Blaster Unit

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

I'm on the fence and looking at the issue as seen by Kethen, I think we may need to add a ban regardless of no podding or podding, else some people will shrug and be more apt to use/abuse them,

and totally agree on the fights below 5-8 you can tank half or most of the fleet.

"Remember That You Must Die"
RvB Bannersmall

#7 Kethen T'val

Kethen T'val

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 162 posts
Recruit

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:08 PM

If memory serves the argument against implant ban were that its impossible to provide hard proof. Which it is but that doesent mean its not obvious when in action. I also think that we should and will be able to trust RvB members to follow this rule if its actually added to the rulebook.

In any case. I think the current format of the incoming rulechange would bring some bad but no good. Not opposed to change but I think it needs more thought and work.

#8 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 675 posts
Recruit

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

If you want to FORCE all rvbs members to give their full API keys (or least show clones ) to enforce no high grades, that sure will be a-lot of fun and Ill even enforce it for you if it comes to that!! ( :D )

Offenses for being caught in high-grades while being on a kill in RvB space.

1. warning

2. 50 million fine.

3. 3 month ban

4. 1 year ban.

5. permaban

Of course I think the issue with that is that there is no way at this time to check with API keys what clone someone was in at a certain time/date, so it would have to be investigated immediately if the issue was raised and realistically that probably won't be done/work. -Meh, shrugs-

OR OR what would be EVEN more fun is that we just require a payment of 5 billion ISK (Or 10 bil whatever) per month to use HG's in RvB space.  Thatll be ALOT of fun to enforce and the isk will fund RvB events and new players.

Edit: ^^ This version is great because: ""OH NOES YOU LOST 5 shit fit t1 crusiers down to a askplain EOS or hyperion? Who cares I am paying for all your ships and fittings, lol""

Cough none of that was sarcasm I SWEAR!

#9 bluelysian

bluelysian

Inquisitor

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Recruit
  • LocationDenmark
  • Favorite Ship:Executioner
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

I have been one of those 2 person voted as NEYY!  for pod rule in first place. And I think we all know the reasons.

Fact is in long term this will bring RvB more troubles and bad moods than enhancing our game play. We are still low in numbers but we are on the way .. Its getting better . Both strategically and politically its not such a good time to make that kind of radical changings in RvB. I know this subject came to table in the past and I remember all arguments around it .  And simply we don’t need this shit atm seriously..

And about checking people about if they HG s or not…Cmoon!  That is an insult weather for our intelligence or our community … Intelligence sense : We are capable mostly to understand who has HG implants who has not while we fighting in space.. Secondly.. community sense : we are friends and we enjoy to fight together have fun together and if we cant trust each other .. so what????

So just please put that thing down slowly and Let’s not. And stick that story ….

#10 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1398 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:08 PM

Well tbh Cela and Blue, the current pod can be viewed with about  a 15 minute accuracy with a partial API, so unless you change pod midfight it will show, and the only people we ever checked when we did so was the obvious users/abusers, and it was also on them to give us the link and set it up, so it wasnt on us to impliment much but a list of users to check on certain occassions.

It's not that its impossible, but it does add a little more work on an already small and overworked group.

RvB Bannersmall

#11 Kethen T'val

Kethen T'val

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 162 posts
Recruit

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:50 PM

First, pirate sets are obvious. Second its often easily checked in a killmail. I do this often myself. Do we need more besides just trusting ppl to follow rules?

Another positive is that we should get rid of the bad elements I was talking about earlier. No point in showing up in instalockers and smartbombers if low-HGs are banned.

If we are doing this because of implants then why not actually do something about implants?

#12 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 675 posts
Recruit

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

Nick, which is why I said I would do it. :D

[ You know there isn't anything more I would LOVE than enforcing rules!?? Riiight riiiight???]

#13 Kethen T'val

Kethen T'val

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 162 posts
Recruit

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:42 AM

Ok so. Summary. Tonight we fight an Omen doing 4.7km/s and a stabber doing well over 5km/s. Not to mention the Exeq navy doing 4.7km/s while facing 2 frigs and 2 cruisers. Thats called stacking the deck while the majority dont have the means to fly around with 4.5 billion attached to their pixles.

Also what about a CEO carrying 4.5 billion of repping power? a perfect example of the very small gang vs Pirate implanted tank dilemma.

Right now, Some have the means and some dont. Is this change making any sense at all? Were this ever about doing something about implants?

#14 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 675 posts
Recruit

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:50 AM

^^ Incorrect.

The omen you fought, nothing else was on grid for a very long time, ANd same thing for stabber, nothing else was on grid for a very long time.

And it was 5+ v 1 during the majority of the time reds had nothing else active, no im not just going to welp into you, unless bribes.

Learn counters, get implants yourself or figure out how to pod me.

Cause, complaining is just... not a valid counter. :P

Wellll not an EFFICIENT one anyways. -meh shrugs-

#15 Kethen T'val

Kethen T'val

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 162 posts
Recruit

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:49 AM

So what am I supposed to do when I dont agree with something. Should I shut up and just get on with it? Ah thats right. You dont complain. You make sarkastic and witty remarks. I call charisma +5s. Is that how things change for the better? I dont know. You tell me.

I just know that if I follow your wierd advice Id be a coward. Things change for the better all the time. I wonder why that is.

Yes this was apparently all about you. Go figure :rolleyes:. Btw I never argued against you being outnumbered but you forget that I know how to 1vmany and its very easy to hide behind the fact that you are outnumbered when you, yourself are flying around in something 20 times the worth your enemies combined. Im afraid that many of them dont even have a wallet that size.

All your counters are familiar to me and no, no implants for me either. I also have zero need to fight you.

I see that you and I have totally different approaches. Your fun is not the same as my fun. How about you and I fly together vs many next time? With clean pods.

Ok so on topic for the first time in a while. Command flying 4.5 billion pods in small gangfights makes me sad

#16 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1398 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

we'll let this play for a little while and take a look at it. If we have to add a no Pirate Implants rule we will, if that means reinstituting no podding rule or not.

RvB Bannersmall

#17 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 675 posts
Recruit

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

OK Keth, (Dragon) here's what you do.

If you don't want to learn counters or get implants yourself.

You go...

"" MEH, it's celaq, I'm not going to engage him cause I don't wanna learn counters or get implants myself, -dock up or go somewhere else- Meh""  and repeat meh meh several more times.

or you can bribe me? (im not counting on it)

(Also Im not command or staff so I can only assume your talking about someone else? Meh)

Edit: But hey, at least I don't use remote rep alts, scout alts and links, gee that guy was sure annoying riight?  ( This Is The Joke)

#18 Kethen T'val

Kethen T'val

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 162 posts
Recruit

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:22 PM

So much constant nonsensical blah.     (Dragon?)

Nice bait xD. No biting today

And no. This is not about you. Not about Cela. Scary huh?

#19 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • 675 posts
Recruit

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Well it wasnt bait but you replied with my name in the post, sooooo "meh"

#20 Kethen T'val

Kethen T'val

Omen

• Friend of RvB
  • 162 posts
Recruit

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

Now when this is all over and the end result is what we always knew it would be, lets get down to business.

Im gonna look past your usual blabber and again offer to fly WITH you in clean pods. Might be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users