Photo

18 Months + of game changes - Catch me up!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Been back a week, looking at fits and stuff I had things seem to have not changed on that score too much - at least from an NPSI fleet players perspective.  Is there anything I really need to be looking at, ships I should be relearning and so on?

RvB bois, help an old bro out!

#2 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Favorite Ship:Mobile Blaster Unit
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

har har har, look who is here for help!

Jk I'll put together some links and TL:DRs for you today, but I have a short op to get to, and hopefully some loot :D

"Remember That You Must Die"
RvB Bannersmall

#3 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

A couple really big ones:

reloading guns/mods continues through gate and cloak, meaning you just have to start it before you cloak or jump and it will still continue, also cap boosters start reload at the beginning of the cycle, not the end, so it gives you a little more wiggle room/speed for cap injection.

Some major citadel changes are inbound.

T3 Cruisers Got "Balanced" Went from 5 subsystems to 4, so some things got combined and nerfed or modified. In general they got a bigger signature, lower resists, slower align, and the nullification sub gets 1 less low slot. They also in general have more guns and DPS/potential DPS and racial differences are a little bigger as far as tank, logi, etc. Thre are more bonuses to heating or just using certain module types than before.

The other big changes dont revolve as much around the basics or PvP in regards to NPSI. Biggest of those is refineries in place of POS for moon goo. Now a chunk gets pulled into space by the citadel/refinery and blown up then mined in space like normal rocks. REactions for the moon goo now happens like industry, in the indy window in station with a  blueprint, not in a POS. There are also lots of new NPC things in hi, low and null, if intereseted look up FOBs or shipyards, they drop faction loot, or NPC capital BPCs.

RvB Bannersmall

#4 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Raven

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

There is ships that go boosh, there is citadels that have the best tank game tz tank. Ccp added a lot of stuff we don’t need or want. Cap battery’s now have neut resistance.

My flying skills are still shit like my fitting skills.

Hope all is well mang 👍

#5 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

Any other major topics that have hazy details We'd be happy to help :D

RvB Bannersmall

#6 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2015 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:ARMAGEDDON
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Wow I learnt something new, didn’t realise about the reloading on cloak/jump

#7 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Vagabond

• Tournament Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Stealth Bomber

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

Got any Badgers concorded lately, Mang?

Anyways, to add to what these guys have already said:

When Nikolai said they "rebalanced" T3C's he means they gutted them except the Loki which is now the superior choice for almost all the things you'd use a T3C for. The Tengu is essentially a weaker Loki. The Proteus' only use is as a 1km blaster armorbrick for PIRAT gate/station games and the legion is "man I wish I was in a Loki right now". There's also a ton of minor tweaks to the game, like some T1 frigates and cruisers got a balance pass. Most got buffed (omen, bellicose, arbitrator, stabber), one got nerfed rather heavily (vexor) and then there's some up for debate like the rifter (it's still meh) which may all be relevant for a purple fleet. Omen is especially great now in my opinion for a roaming fleet. 

Command destroyers are the only new ship type that've been added and they have a module that will microjump everyone nearby 100km in the direction they are facing (except scrammed targets and capital ships). Of course not usable in highsec because that would be too fun and we can't have any of that nonsense.

Alpha clones can fly all race's T1 battlecruiser and battleships now and have acces to all T2 weapons except large guns/missiles which are still restricted to T1 (as if it really matters). They have pretty decent support skills too. Yes they can fly machariels.

They doubled the fuel requirement for jumping (and cut the volume of isotopes in half, plus added more capacity for the fuel bay) which may slightly impact some specialized purple fleets.

CCP introduced some garbage "fleet PvE" content  that everyone already forgot about probably. Could have been great for purple fleets but they dropped the ball pretty hard there.

Not relevant to purple fleet but may be interesting to know: plex got split into 500 pieces (and you need 500 newplex for a month of gametime). This plus inflation makes it so that plexing your account currently costs something along the lines of 1.6 billion.

They added an extremely annoying chat bubble to the pilot list in your chat windows that immediately starts a conversation with the pilot when clicked upon. Nobody asked for it and everyone complained about it but they still put it in the game. Expect a lot of accidental conversations coming your way when they just want to take a look at your profile.

#8 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• Administrators
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:52 PM

oh yeah, lol the "details" haha

Also, 

Squads are not limited in size, but fleets are iirc,

The isotope thing is big for BLOPS and caps, you can go a little further, but it costs more,

Alphas are cross-racial capable and T2 medium and small gun capable, which i really like for an NPSI setting as far as frig and cruiser gangs in pirate hulls, IF they know what hulls to train for, 

the math breaks sdown to where some of the pirate hulls can be trained to basic skills and t2 guns for the free cap (5 mil SP) but not optimally, and definitely not more than 2 weapon types or 2-3 races of cruiser size under 5-6 mil mil SP.

I saw you aska  question about boosts, so here are the big takeaways there:

1. No more command mindlinks and command skills that give passive generic boosts, it all depends on mods, the mindlinks and skills only affect mods range, effectiveness, duration, etc. 

2. You have to be on grid, with mod active, it gives you timers just like other remote effects, this is big for roam fleets or skimishing since you do not always want your booster activcating for small fast hits when you might burn back to gate or warp then jump the next gate.

3. You do not have to be in a booster position, so you can boost whole fleet.

4. Command Burst Modules are divided by boost type (Armor, Skimish, Shield) and load ammo for a specified Effect (resist boost, HP boost, repair speed, sensor strength etc) reload is long, but you fit 300 charges at once with about a minute long activation time and over a minute long effect with good skills. 

5. Command Processors are now a rig, not a mid slot module.

For this reason you do see more command ships and T1 BCs, there are no off grird boosters, you will more than likely see 2-3 boosters in a bigger fleet so that they still tank and perform well while providing all the major boosts for the fleet type.

Rose covered th  T3C change well, and there is another "pass" of the T3C inbound this year to make sure they unfuck and then refuck totally different aspects for the following year.

RvB Bannersmall

#9 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

The Gankfather

• Administrators
  • 11372 posts
Lieutenant  Member Reputation
  • LocationPreston, Blighty
  • Favorite Ship:Republic Fleet Firetail
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

3. You do not have to be in a booster position, so you can boost whole fleet.

Sold. Thats just awesome right there.

#10 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:maulus

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

Um so like really the only thing I can think of that was probably mentioned before is carriers can no longer launch regular drones or geckos even though geckos are fighter variants and energy neuts received a massive nerf with damage controlls now being passive.

And as well, all hulls now come with 30% resist on hull by defualt and dcus changed to +30 resist on hull, so it is now viable to full gank fit things with no dcu or just no dcu for other things. Well more viable anyways.

Edit Oh also now there are slot 11 drugs, for speed tank and damage that are 3% 5% or 7%, which makes full gank battleships especially varguars or vindicators even more uber with +7% damage drug and all the other things you can add.

THIS IS EVE ONLINE!! = https://i.imgur.com/jj16ThL.jpg

"" Strange Game, the only winning move is to not play"" Cough Hail Nixon. ( ? )

"" " Practice thy own rules you employ onto other's, thus we need not learn to trust you, other's can merely observe it to be so " ""

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users