Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:maulus
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Ill try to log on later to make them, want augs or execs?

THIS IS EVE ONLINE!! = https://i.imgur.com/jj16ThL.jpg

Chess is the perfect Metaphor for Life: There are many clearly bad Moves but so FEW clearly good ones..

You don't like that people can use Expensive implants and ships or don't want to learn the counters? Ok, that's fine, bye. This IS EVE ONLINE.

#22 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Drake

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Stealth Bomber

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

I don't know. I'm trying to think of a way to mitigate the FOB neuts because those will just about cap out a cruiser instantly even with a cap battery.

Might need a cap booster with small charges just to keep the hardeners running or a dedicated cap transfer logi.

#23 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2002 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationUK
  • Favorite Ship:ARMAGEDDON
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

Update, tried full passive Drake with 91% kinetic resistance and mjd warped in at 400km but no reaction, tried at 300km and insta reaction of 2 frigs and 3 cruisers followed by more of each and 2 ravens very shortly but not to apply dos before I bailed. All damage from the caracals and kestrels war thermal!!!!! Different from the test we made at a citadel against the kestrels there. I only had 44% thermal resistance. I was melting fast. Got out in 55% Hull - forgot about the action timer on mjd. Will try full thermal resis Drake later but suspect too much DPS at least the mjd trick works from outside neut range. The nos I fitted is of no use cos u can’t nos rats u get no cap from them.

#24 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • 2002 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

My next test will be to check what damage type ravens use if I can survive the lesser size ships and also what the gilas do.
FYI even 1 Atron on grid causes a fairly massive fleet to build up in short time.

#25 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Drake

• RvB Member
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Got some new info from those fellas running the FOBs in pirate battleships. They confirmed and debunked quite a few things.

The Gurista rats that go around harassing people at gates/citadels/asteroid belts deal 100% kinetic damage. However the rats that are spawned from the FOB itself deal 100% thermal damage (thanks CCP for being douchenozzles :D ).

As long as you don't attack their hauler (this spawns a reinforcement wave of kinetic rats) or drag the kinetic rats on the FOB grid somehow (e.g. if they are on grid with you, they may follow you in warp), we should be able to run the FOB with pure thermal hardeners.

The NPCs do in fact respawn when killed (after a delay) so killling them is rather useless, except maybe their jamming ships to give your logi breathing room. More reinforcement will warp in over time and they will eventually outnumber you by as much as 5:1. Allegedly after 15 minutes ("reinforcement wave") the numbers become pants-on-head retarded, and so does their dps. This makes it essential to bring as much dps as possible to get it over with quickly. The 10 man low dps vexor/exeq fleet is not going to work.

Now as for some good news, as Jag has already stated, microjump drives work. The rats point, but they do not scram. This is a pretty big deal because it gives us a get-out-of-shit-free card. We should bump the fleet up to battlecruisers at least for this reason alone (maybe a prophecy because of dat armor tank). Or we could just go full blown battleships with nestors for logi like these guys do if you're feeling adventurous.

#26 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • 2002 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

It’s starting to sound like way too much hassle for what’s reported as minimal rewards- especially as now we have pirates and vmg at war.
Can we get a team of bindis and nestirs together with guys who are skilled and proficient and interested?? I suspect not - let’s go pvp instead and maybe go watch the pro team at work to see how they do it - I still suspect if u are on grid when it pops u might be rewarded

#27 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • 2002 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

Be in a cloacky blockade runner and warp to a shiny wreck when they lose one- grab the loot and run before the rats warp to u

#28 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Drake

• RvB Member
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

I agree it's a lot of hassle for little reward.

Only the fleet that did most damage to the FOB gets the reward, or so I'm told.

They haven't lost a ship yet so it's unlikely you'll get to nab loot, and even if you do you may get wrecked by the pirates immediately. But feel free to try :P

#29 scummyb

scummyb

Typhoon Fleet Issue

• RvB Member
  • 2002 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

https://zkillboard.com/kill/66753305/
From a different outfit , all nestors

#30 C11H17NO3

C11H17NO3

Vagabond

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Recruit
  • Favorite Ship:maulus

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

shiz might as well just stick to high sec incursions, at least thats a known 120-240 mil an hour.. lol

a Good TvP fleet full to 40 man will pull up to 290 mil an hour including LP. lawl.

THIS IS EVE ONLINE!! = https://i.imgur.com/jj16ThL.jpg

Chess is the perfect Metaphor for Life: There are many clearly bad Moves but so FEW clearly good ones..

You don't like that people can use Expensive implants and ships or don't want to learn the counters? Ok, that's fine, bye. This IS EVE ONLINE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users