SaulKripke

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Recruit
  • Race:Caldari

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

So, since we are trying to up RvB publicity I thought I'd try my hand at video making (I encourage others to do the same, or to stream). It is not very good (either in terms of piloting or editing), but I feel like there are some fun fights. 

#2 Pasimus I Toifain

Pasimus I Toifain

Velator

• RvB Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Recruit
  • Race:Gallente

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, not good piloting.. thats true, I mean that part where I was  :D 

#3 W0lf Crendraven

W0lf Crendraven

Rifter

• Friend of RvB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Recruit

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

A few comments, get yourself some keybinds for the mid row and not just the guns/tackle/propmod, you click/activate your guns only a few times per fight whle you have to manualy use the saars or masbs all the time (you can easily see how it makes you be a lot less effective in the breacher fights). Second is your UI scaling or your screen size, tone it down a bit, the windows kinda overpower everything else which isnt great for viewing (afaik you can also scale down the UI from 100% if you play with a low resolution). Also, but this is more of a minor piloting thing, in dual tank breachers try to use all the saar charges up first before you use the masb because you will cap yourself out otherwise (due to cap drain of your own mods, and especially if there is the posibility of neuts), the masb can be run even with 0 cap, the saar cannot and you dont want to lose a fight with nanite charges left in the booster but no cap to use them with. 

Another great tip is to go into logs and notification and turn on the thingy that lets you see the weapon type in space, i.e instead of "72 from xyz" you see "200mm small autocannon II from xyz hits you for 72" and similar, it gives you free instant info which is super usefull (its great to see if its beams or pulse or what missiles are being used etc).

Lastly, on a more meta level, remove the lowsec FW fights. The rest is actually really good advertising, but the fw parts are to generic and especially opening up with them will make a lot of people think its one of thousands of frig pvp in fw lowsec videos, which are all fairly lame to watch.

#4 hormone1971

hormone1971

Team Leader

• Executive Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
Crewman 2nd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Golem/Vargur

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

i hope you not shooting me in this.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

#5 SaulKripke

SaulKripke

Vengeance

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Recruit

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

A few comments, get yourself some keybinds for the mid row and not just the guns/tackle/propmod, you click/activate your guns only a few times per fight whle you have to manualy use the saars or masbs all the time (you can easily see how it makes you be a lot less effective in the breacher fights). Second is your UI scaling or your screen size, tone it down a bit, the windows kinda overpower everything else which isnt great for viewing (afaik you can also scale down the UI from 100% if you play with a low resolution). Also, but this is more of a minor piloting thing, in dual tank breachers try to use all the saar charges up first before you use the masb because you will cap yourself out otherwise (due to cap drain of your own mods, and especially if there is the posibility of neuts), the masb can be run even with 0 cap, the saar cannot and you dont want to lose a fight with nanite charges left in the booster but no cap to use them with. 

Another great tip is to go into logs and notification and turn on the thingy that lets you see the weapon type in space, i.e instead of "72 from xyz" you see "200mm small autocannon II from xyz hits you for 72" and similar, it gives you free instant info which is super usefull (its great to see if its beams or pulse or what missiles are being used etc).

Lastly, on a more meta level, remove the lowsec FW fights. The rest is actually really good advertising, but the fw parts are to generic and especially opening up with them will make a lot of people think its one of thousands of frig pvp in fw lowsec videos, which are all fairly lame to watch.

Thanks for the constructive comments, some of this is is pretty useful. Especially the comment about seeing weapon type notifications in space, I did not know you could do that (but always wanted that feature). I'll also look into the UI suggestions, I play on a laptop so my screen does get pretty crowded. But it would be good if I could make it a little less crowded. 

On midslot hotkeys: I do have keybinds for them, I use them in some of the recorded fights I think, and always when kiting. I still tend to click when micromanaging tank to get the most out of it though. You are probably correct that it would be good to use keybinds even for this. I am not sure how failure to do so made me less effective in the fights in the video (maybe you could say more, I would be genuinely interested to know, always want to improve), but I agree that in other situations with a more active grid it would be useful to be able to just use keybinds for that. 

On MASB & AAR: I see your reasoning, but I am not 100% I agree. In the kestrel fight I was not struggling for cap, so it didn't really matter, I was using my ASB so as to ensure I didn't over rep with my AAR. In the tristan fight I would have capped myself out and lost point/web if I had used my AAR, I was using the ASB to give my cap some time to recharge. That said, it is worth thinking about more. You might be correct, about the kestrel fight at least. 

On the meta stuff: I don't really see that the RvB stuff is any more interesting than the lowsec stuff. Its all around the same level. Although you are probably correct about putting RvB stuff at the beginning. I agree that it is not exactly Garmon/Lussy Lou/Cosmo/whatever, one of the reasons I didn't put anything together before was because I didn't just want to do another lame frig 1v1 video. But I figure any publicity is better than no publicity. And I was careful to only put 2+v1 fights (or disparate ship class fights) in to make it at least somewhat interesting. I might try and get some more interesting fights in more interesting ship classes if I decide to do another. Although that is a little hard to get in the current RvB environment. 

Hormone: No you survive, I think Ikeo gets it a couple of times though. 

#6 Nikolai Mazinkov

Nikolai Mazinkov

Pewasaurus Rex

• CEO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1075 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Favorite Ship:Mobile Blaster Unit

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:14 PM

Nice ill repost this :D

"Remember That You Must Die"
RvB Bannersmall

#7 hormone1971

hormone1971

Team Leader

• Executive Coordinator
  • 956 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favorite Ship:Golem/Vargur

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:23 AM

Hormone: No you survive, I think Ikeo gets it a couple of times though. 

Pfew. Its one thing to be killed often by you. Its another to have it on video forver to remind you :)

#8 Rose Valora

Rose Valora

Drake

• RvB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Crewman 3rd Class  Member Reputation
  • Favorite Ship:Stealth Bomber

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

Pretty damn nice considering you're new to making videos  :)

Keep it up, it'll only get better as you get more experience.

#9 nitro oxide

nitro oxide

Astarte

• CEO
  • 912 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland
  • Favorite Ship:hound
  • Race:Minmatar

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

Nice tunes! Good video sunshine