Another Crusade is upon us! The Ivy League and Red vs Blue will go to War!
December 1st to 7th, 2016 (with option to restart in January)
Engagement Profile: Engagement will consist of a mutual war declaration to begin fighting on the first of December, 2016. The engagement will be constrained to a single region, with a primary engagement area of a high-sec island. The high-sec space, providing sufficient size for fleet engagements in a single constellation, will to some degree mediate the likelihood of unwanted third party involvement. This high-sec island will also serve as the resupply location for both sides; each side shall drop their own citadel to accommodate clone bays and reship. Enclosed are proposed engagement envelopes and home systems.
Engagement Area: The Engagement Area is Black Rise.
From 1 Dec to 7 Dec, do not enter Black Rise if you do not want to fight. Period.
The 'all bets are off' secondary engagement area, suggested for small gang fights between major events is the adjoining Western low-sec constellation, pictured in the image to the right. This area can be used to coordinate smaller events ad-hoc, or to find fights with other parties. - Though these areas have been defined, all of Black Rise is acceptable fighting territory. Only engagements outside of Black Rise should be reported to UNI and RvB Leadership.
Rules of Engagement:
1. No fighting outside of Black Rise. You enter Black Rise at your own risk during the mutual war. Report violators to Nikolai Mazinkov and Jurius Doctor in the comms channels, or by email. Copies of logs and killmails are required substantiation of allegations.
2. Main fleet events happen in High Sec. This keeps both sides honest and helps limit the involvement of third parties.
3. No structure bashing. This is about keeping the fights real, without pushing each other’s borders or intent. This is meant to drive content, not piss each other off. Let’s keep it civil.
4. Miners and industrials are off limits. As above, this content generation shouldn’t interfere with daily campus/group activities. It also does no good to go attacking each other’s resupply lines. This is a mutual war, not a Sov war. That said, for the duration miners should stay the hell out of Black Rise.
5. No batphones. If an outside party or aggressor (a mutual war target - e.g. Complaints Department) enters the High-Sec and aggresses either side, RvB and E-UNI agree in advance to suspend action and coordinate to dunk the aggressor, together.
6. Corpses for the corpse god. Pods are legal targets in the engagement envelope. Each side anchors one Giant Secure Container in their ‘home’ system, next to Citadel. Corpses go in the containers. The side with the most bodies gets bragging rights.
7. Common Comms. Each side agrees to the use of common comms (chat and voice) channels for reporting rogue agents (people who break the rules of engagement) and coordination of fleets, events, classes, and other hilarity. Members of all involved alliances are expected to comport themselves with dignity and mutual respect. (e.g. No shit talking in local, or in common-comms.) Rule of Detente. Both sides reserve the right to end the war immediately in the event that the RoE are not being honored, or if one side shows a breach of trust. In this eventuality, peaceful departure and safe passage is guaranteed to both parties, and structures will not be attacked (allowed to be unanchored). If we want to keep these events running from year to year, we have to agree to the same level. As such, every effort will be made by both sides to ensure this does not happen.
Communications Channels (will be linked in appropriate RvB Channels)
WW16 Ops - For Teacher, FC, and Leadership coordination. (Password available from leadership, by request or appointment only.)
Winter War 16 (PW:Pew3)- Common Chat/Discussion for all sides
Fleet comms: Each side will use their own comms for Fleets, RvB Public Mumble will be used for shared management/dispute resolution
Thu Dec 1: Battlecruiser Lightning and Thunder (BLT)
An all-out Battlecruiser Brawl where the corps offer limited reimbursement - corps pay for platinum insurance on the T1 BC Loss.
Fri Dec 2: Noob Night (FNN)
Friday will be reserved for Noob Night, an opportunity for each side’s junior pilots to get out and practice engagement with each other in organized Free For Alls (FFAs), Roams, and Capture The Flag (CTF) events. Herd out the Alpacas and get them in the fight!
Sat Dec 3: Battleship Brawl
No holds barred Battleship beatdown - get the big guns out.
Sun Capture the Flag (CTF)
Each side puts out one brick-tanked procurer in the high-sec pocket somewhere, and both sides get T1 frigates (40v40) to try and kill the other team’s procurer. The first team to destroy the other procurer wins. This will require balance between defensive logi, e-war, DD, and scanning.
Monday: Mothership Monday
This is a BS duel that tags on 2 fleets of T1 frigates until a BS goes down.
Instructors from RvB and E-UNI Present Classes in Fleets, PvP, Leadership, Core Skills, and other topics TBD.