Hello Ladies and Gents,
RvB has had a very busy month and a half. We blew up a ton of ships during the Poinen FFA, and basically started taking over the high sec POCO business. We put the Weekend Themes on hold for a bit, because we had a lot of content to tackle from our events and the Rubicon expansion. However, we are going to get right back to doing the regular Weekend Themes now that the dust is finally settling from our POCO expansion.
The Weekend Theme that is going to get us started is Frigatus (10 person T1 Frigate Purple Fleet FFA)! The theme will run from 00:00 Eve Time on Saturday (Friday Night US TZ), December 7th, to downtime on Monday, December 9th. A brief description of the theme rules:
- Only T1 Frigate hulls will be allowed – No Faction or T2 Hulls
- It is FFA in The Forge! FFA stands for FREE FOR ALL. All members are targets for everyone else. That means Blues can shoot Blues and Reds can shoot Reds. You cannot shoot members of the opposing corp if they are in your fleet. FIX YOUR OVERVIEWS!
- Fleets have to be Purple, i.e. open to both corporations (To do this, the person who is holding open the advert must set the opposing corporation to good standing, and then select “based on standing – min standing = good”).
- Fleets can only contain a maximum of 10 pilots at any given time. To do this, the person who is holding open the advert must select “Application Requires Approval” in their fleet advert to control the number of pilots joining their fleet.
- Do not “Hide Details” on your advert. We want to see how many people are in the opposing fleets, to prevent accidental (or intentional) infractions. We know you’ll be in one of the four or five systems, flying T1 frigates, with 10 or fewer people in your fleet. Hiding details on your advert doesn’t really prevent anyone from gathering intel on your fleet. It just makes it look like you are up to something nefarious.
- No fleets allowed in Nomaa – it is still T1 Cruiser and down FFA in there.
- All other RvB Rules apply.
As it was mentioned earlier, this will be a FREE FOR ALL weekend, meaning members of your own corp, as well as the opposing corp will shoot you on sight. Unless you are fleeted with a pilot(s), they are fair game to you, and vice versa.
This weekend theme is a great opportunity for those of you testing out your T1 frigate solo skills, because everyone will be T1 frigates, and you’ll have to face, at most, only 10 other pilots. It is also a great weekend for newer players to step up and FC, and all you bitter vets to actually run a fleet again! You only have to manage a fleet of 10, and you’ll only be facing T1 frigates with similar numbers.
Please note that RvB still has many active third party wars. As such, I have to reiterate, FIX YOUR OVERVIEWS! Also, make sure you have ships that are capable of countering WTs ready to go in Josameto, in case any third parties are brave (or foolish) enough to venture into our area of operation.
An email about the Frigatus (10 person T1 Frigate Purple Fleet FFA) weekend theme will be sent out closer to the start of the Weekend Theme, and the corp and other RvB channel MOTDs will be changed to reflect the weekend theme.
757 Views · 15 Replies ( Last reply by Mangala Solaris )
After a brief hiatus, BLT is back. For those of you who are new to RvB, BLT is this:
Some modifications this time around based on my previous thread:
1. Due to my current work schedule and RL, my attendance might be limited. So FCs will have to come from the community, which really shouldn't be a problem. But its up to everyone to step up if you want this event.
2. Event will be held every other week, beginning next Saturday @ 2:00 GMT (Same time as before)
3. All ships will be contracted from my alt in Poinen @ bottom station. You are responsible to get them to another station safely.
4. ECM/Logi/EWAR is allowed in BLT unless the FCs decide otherwise, and communicate that with each other.
5. I will NOT reimburse "Attack Battle Cruisers" unless asked ahead of time. This means Tornadoes/Naga/Talos/Oracle. Gnosis is included in this.
6. As the money man I reserve the right to set themes for the event, such as "Shield Only", or "No Drakes/Prophecies". If this is the case it will be posted on the forums ahead of time. For the first event its anything goes.
7. Players in other TZs are encouraged to have this event as well. If you would like to organize this and wish for reimbursement, please let me know.
8. Since all the expensive stuff is paid for, if you would like to FC a "big fleet", this is a good opportunity for you to give it a try.
1,127 Views · 54 Replies ( Last reply by Del DelVechio )
So I am starting a little thing here of trying to get RvB some more "0.0 pvp experience." I know that is very controversial to RvB and what some people believe it stands for but please hear me out and again nobody is forcing you to participate, this is only another form of PvP and content being created for RvB members.
What kind of 0.0 fleets are you going to do?
I will be running fleets down to the south of Eve (Curse,Catch, etc.). There is a big war that has started over there and it is a great place to get kills and provide content and experience for RvB members.They will NOT be roams. We will NOT be flying 50-70 jumps for 3 hours with no objective. We will only go down there when there is a planned fight we can dogpile on. I have a timer page so I will know when there will be fights or not. I will try to bring us down there for as many as possible with my retarded eve playing schedule.
When will these begin?
Hopefully by this coming Friday (November 8th). Most fleets will take place over the weekends since that is when their is the most activity down there.
How will I be informed of these fleets and where will they be forming?
I will post a reply in this thread of every fleet I plan. ALSO, if you plan on taking part in this, join the mailing list: RvB Null Roaming
Since these fleets will go to the same area of EvE for the duration of this war, we will have one formup system. Agil, http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Agil. Don't worry, you dont have to deploy there or live there or anything. That is just where all of our fleets will depart from. It's the closest highsec station system to Catch. It's also very close to Amarr and not too far from RvB's home pocket. I suggest moving the ships we will fly there on your free time to limit travel time (your choice of course).
What ships will we fly?
We will fly 3 different "doctrines", all are small and provide a lot of options while being not too harsh on the wallet.
Our primary doctrine will be Talwar fleet.
Ships in the doctrine: Logi Burst>Talwar>Dictors>Tackle Frigs>Probers
Cheap and effective. All ships are very cheap and low-skills needed. Works well with smaller numbers if fleet numbers are small.
Our secondary doctrine will be Assault Frigs. A little bit more expensive and more skill intensive, but is insanely good at killing bigger ships and sig tanking. Requires decent numbers (40+ dudes).
https://docs.google....t?usp=drive_web All fits are in this google doc, and some more fitting and how to fly info on the bottom.
Our final doctrine will be Bombing Bombers. More skill intensive, not so expensive. But requires a lot of pilot skill and focus. Pretty much we will only do bombers if we get a chance to. Can wipe out entire fleets with correct bombing runs.
FITS: Fit it yourself! Please try to get a Hound and Purifier. Those two are the primary bombers. If you can't fly those two but can fly the other two then bring those if that's all you have.
What If I am a newer player and can't fly anything in those 3 doctrines yet?
No problem! Any newbro in a tackle frig is welcome! Just bring a frigate with a warp disruptor and an MWD and you're usefull. If you can fly everything then good for you you'll be ready to own dudes!
What if I am a newer player and feel like I am not ready for nullsec?
Well this is the time to try it out! Again this is all optional for your enjoyment. Nobody is forcing you to join. But if you want to learn how 0.0 PvP works and how/what people fly in 0.0 these fleets are a great time/place to learn.
What if I want to participate in normal RvB activites?
That's totally fine. This is just another type of content for RvB members to try something "new". It's your choice to join or not. If you prefer the RvB forever war every time you log in that is your choice nobody will hold anything against you.
What happens when this war ends in the South?
Then we pick another place in EvE with lots of activity to send fleets to and have fun there instead.
Have any more questions? Contact alphastarpilot either via evemail, forum message, or private convo ingame.
See you on the battlefield,
5,153 Views · 64 Replies ( Last reply by scummyb )
This weekend, RvB has been invited by TEST to roll with them to an undisclosed location & fight with the hordes of BNI in an invite only royal rumble.
Right now details are slim due to :SECRECY: but suffice to say this should be a really fun fight for all involved, so if this interests you - as a break from Frigatus, or an alternative to Ganked 95 - then watch this space for further information. However all I can say is have a cruiser ready somewhere from 20.00 EVE on Saturday 7th December 2013.
719 Views · 20 Replies ( Last reply by Louis Robichaud )
119 Views · 3 Replies ( Last reply by Yankunytjatjara )
Revised FC Incentive Program - Reward Points Store!
FallenTitan - Today, 02:10 AM
RvB in Social media: Follow @rvbeve